1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 19:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are you going to add anything of worth to this thread or just continue spamming with ad hominems (like the one directed at Rob) or idiocies like your last post?
    How did I attack Rob?
    Prior to your challenge of adding value to threads, you may want to review your several hundred posts of drivel.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:01
    One of the benefits of theism is that it helps us to live good, moral lives. Lets face it, most of the hardened criminals in the world are atheists.

Having said that, I don’t think that theists should suspend there skepticism. Blind faith can be akin to spiritual death.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:03
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    How did I attack Rob?
    Prior to your challenge of adding value to threads, you may want to review your several hundred posts of drivel.
    More off-topic spam. And you have the nerve to attack STANG?

Refusing to address someone's points by suggesting they were just reading "Marx/Lenin/Stalin" is an ad hominem argument. Look it up under "Logical Fallacies".
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:041 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    One of the benefits of theism is that it helps us to live good, moral lives. Lets face it, most of the hardened criminals in the world are atheists.

Having said that, I don’t think that theists should suspend there skepticism. Blind faith can be akin to spiritual death.
    This BS again. Cite some proof of your assertion; my experience with hardened criminals (I've represented several hundred felons) is that they were almost all theists.
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:083 edits
    This BS again. Cite some proof of your assertion; my experience with hardened criminals (I've represented several hundred felons) is that they were almost all theists.
    No, just because somebody says that there is a God does not make them a theist. A rapist is not a theist, unless you mean Satanism.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:10
    More off-topic spam. And you have the nerve to attack STANG?

Refusing to address someone's points by suggesting they were just reading "Marx/Lenin/Stalin" is an ad hominem argument. Look it up under "Logical Fallacies".
    By off-topic, you feel Rob's post has no correlation with the views held by the three folks mentioned?
    You have some history in your education, correct? Rob's post is directly related to what those three were all about, on a religious level. Rob was not labled a commie, or any other derogatory name. It was noted that his post is taken from the same stock as that which informed the three mentioned.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:19
    No, just because somebody says that there is a God does not make them a theist. A rapist is not a theist, unless you mean Satanism.
    You are wrong (as usual). Somebody who believes in a god, any god, is a theist by definition. Buy a dictionary.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:20
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    By off-topic, you feel Rob's post has no correlation with the views held by the three folks mentioned?
    You have some history in your education, correct? Rob's post is directly related to what those three were all about, on a religious level. Rob was not labled a commie, or any other derogatory name. It was noted that his post is taken from the same stock as that which informed the three mentioned.
    Your last post was off-topic; your post in response to Rob was an ad hominem argument. Learn how to read.
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:211 edit
    You are wrong (as usual). Somebody who believes in a god, any god, is a theist by definition. Buy a dictionary.
    Theism means living your life as if there is a God. You for example are probably an atheist even though you claim that there is a God. Buy a copy of the Bible.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:362 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:481 edit
    You’re the moron if you think that simply saying there is a God makes you a theist. Words mean nothing. It’s actions that matter.
    Get lost; the thread is about theism i.e. the belief in a god, any god, as compared with atheism - the lack of belief in a god, any god. The people in the thread seem perfectly willing to use the English language. If you're dissatisfied with that, start another thread and you can speak your "Christian" gibberish to your heart's content.

EDIT: It's too bad that what was an interesting discussion has gotten hijacked with the usual nonsense from the religious nuts.
  13. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 20:571 edit
    Get lost; the thread is about theism i.e. the belief in a god, any god, as compared with atheism - the lack of belief in a god, any god. The people in the thread seem perfectly willing to use the English language. If you're dissatisfied with that, start another thread and you can speak your "Christian" gibberish to your heart's content.

EDIT: It's too ...[text shortened]... interesting discussion has gotten hijacked with the usual nonsense from the religious nuts.
    You get lost. Claiming that there is a God and rejecting him in everyway does not make you a theist, it makes you a atheist.

Example: See the “God is nothing but a method” thread. rwingett basically tells God to go take a hike. rwingett is also a self-proclaimed atheist.

I realize that playing with words must be the specialty of a defense lawyer who’s represented hundreds of hardened criminals, but you don’t get to change the meaning of the words.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 21:081 edit
    You get lost. Claiming that there is a God and rejecting him in every way does not make you a theist, it makes you a atheist.

Example: See the “God is nothing but a method” thread. rwingett basically tells God to go take a hike. rwingett is also a self proclaimed atheist.

I realize that playing with words must be the specialty of a defenses ...[text shortened]... epresented hundreds of hardened criminals, but you don’t get to change the meaning of the words.
    BUY A DICTIONARY!!!!

Theism - (Gk "theos" god) belief in the existence of a god or gods

Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary

You're the one playing with words by trying to give one a non-standard definition that accords with your personal preferences but not common usage.
  15. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 21:243 edits
    BUY A DICTIONARY!!!!

Theism - (Gk "theos" god) belief in the existence of a god or gods

Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary

You're the one playing with words by trying to give one a non-standard definition that accords with your personal preferences but not common usage.
    “Believing” in God does not mean rejecting God. That is what atheists and the hardened criminals that you’ve represented do.

BTW, which God do you believe in?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree