1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 23:191 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    As I’ve already mentioned in my previous post, Satanism is the exception.
    Satanism is an atheistic philosophy. Do some research please. Being redeemed is no excuse to be ignorant.

BTW: Are you saying that Jews are Satanists?
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 23:20
    Originally posted by Coletti
    But it lacks warrant since it leads to no justified true beliefs.
    The inference being that your beliefs, as a Christian, lead to "justified true" beliefs, whatever that's supposed to mean. Care to demonstrate, or will it just be another excerise in an a priori statement, followed by the usual logical fallacies?
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 23:271 edit
    Originally posted by telerion
    Satanism is an atheistic philosophy. Do some research please. Being redeemed is no excuse to be ignorant.

BTW: Are you saying that Jews are Satanists?
    First off, you don’t know my God. Secondly, Satan is the God of evil. If Sodomus (whoever he/she may be), is the god of murder and rape as you claim, then Sodomus is evil and of the devil.

So what’s the problem? Evil is evil whether it’s murder, rape, or beating up old ladies.
  4. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 23:32
    First off, you don’t know my God. Secondly, Satan is the God of evil. If Sodomus (whoever he/she may be), is the god of murder and rape as you claim, then Sodomus is evil and of the devil.

So what’s the problem? Evil is evil whether it’s murder, rape, or beating up old ladies.
    Your willful ignorance is disgraceful. Jesus or whoever may have saved you, but you still have to study to learn. If you think Satanist worship the Devil, then you are completely mistaken. What harm would it do you to quickly inform yourself?
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 23:39
    Your willful ignorance is disgraceful. Jesus or whoever may have saved you, but you still have to study to learn. If you think Satanist worship the Devil, then you are completely mistaken. What harm would it do you to quickly inform yourself?
    His head might explode releasing all the toxic air it contains into the atmosphere.
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    31 Dec '05 23:401 edit
    Satanism: Satan worship: the worship of Satan, especially as a parody of Christian rites

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Satan: Devil: in Christianity, the enemy of God, the lord of evil, and the tempter of human beings. He is sometimes identified with Lucifer, the leader of the fallen angels.

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

What planet are you orbiting? Stop justifying #1moron's claim that theists don’t use the dictionary.
  7. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 00:03
    Satanism: Satan worship: the worship of Satan, especially as a parody of Christian rites

Satan: Devil: in Christianity, the enemy of God, the lord of evil, and the tempter of human beings. He is sometimes identified with Lucifer, the leader of th ...[text shortened]... t planet are you orbiting? Stop justifying #1morons claim that theists don’t use the dictionary.
    How about discarding that breastplate of Righteousness for one of Thesaurus? Maybe gird your loins with the Belt of Lexicon.

Just so you have no excuse, here is a link to the Church of Satan. I suggest you start with 'Theory/Practice.'

That definition you are using refers is much older than the Church of Satan. It comes from xianity and generally refers to anyone who worships the Devil. Almost nobody explicitly worships the Satan from the Bible. If they did though, and if Satan is a god, then they would be theists.
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 00:05

Satan: Devil: in Christianity, the enemy of God, the lord of evil, and the tempter of human beings. He is sometimes identified with Lucifer, the leader of th ...[text shortened]... planet are you orbiting? Stop justifying #1moron's claim that theists don’t use the dictionary.
    What planet are you orbiting? Stop justifying #1moron's claim that theists don’t use the dictionary.

First of all, I don't know about you, but I orbit a star. Second, I've been saying exactly the opposite. Read dammit!
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 00:11
    How about discarding that breastplate of Righteousness for one of Thesaurus? Maybe gird your loins with the Belt of Lexicon.

Just so you have no excuse, here is a link to the Church of Satan. I suggest you start with 'Theory/Practice.'

That definition you are using refers is much older than the Church of Satan. It comes from xianity and generally r ...[text shortened]... Satan from the Bible. If they did though, and if Satan is a god, then they would be theists.
    No, I don’t think I’ll start studying Satanism to prove my point. Everybody accept you seems to know that Satanists worship the devil. The devil is the God of evil as I’ve stated, kind of like Sod…what’s his name. Are you going to tell me now that Satanists do good?
  10. Colorado
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 00:123 edits
    [b]What planet are you orbiting? Stop justifying #1moron's claim that theists don’t use the dictionary.

First of all, I don't know about you, but I orbit a star. Second, I've been saying exactly the opposite. Read dammit![/b]
    The dictionary is a pretty good reference. Most people go by it.

#1Moron claimed that theists change the definition of the words in the dictionary which is what you are trying to do, but since you’re an agnostic I guess I could say that agnostics do this.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 00:57
    No, I don’t think I’ll start studying Satanism to prove my point. Everybody accept you seems to know that Satanists worship the devil. The devil is the God of evil as I’ve stated, kind of like Sod…what’s his name. Are you going to tell me now that Satanists do good?
    Studying something you know nothing about in order to prove an ex ante point is intellectually dishonest. I'd also be careful about making claims for "everybody accept [sic]" me.

Here's another nice summary from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

"LaVeyans do not in fact worship a deity called Satan, or necessarily any other deity, nor do they follow a principle of evil. This aspect of their beliefs is very commonly misunderstood due to the presence of theistic Satanists, who revere Satan as a literal being."

Just like I said in my previous post . . .
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 00:571 edit
    The dictionary is a pretty good reference. Most people go by it.

#1Moron claimed that theists change the definition of the words in the dictionary which is what you are trying to do, but since you’re an agnostic I guess I could say that agnostics do this.
    I'm also an atheist. Please pay more attention when you read.
  13. Colorado
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 01:234 edits
    Studying something you know nothing about in order to prove an ex ante point is intellectually dishonest. I'd also be careful about making claims for "everybody accept [sic]" me.

Here's another nice summary from Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism

"LaVeyans do not in fact worship a deity called Satan, or necessarily any other ...[text shortened]... nists, who revere Satan as a literal being."

Just like I said in my previous post . . .
    If you don’t believe that Satanists worship a god then they are not theists, and you‘ve just defeated your own argument.

LaVeyans don’t sound much like Satanists to me. Traditional Satanists have worshiped the devil and they continue to do so.

I'm also an atheist. Please pay more attention when you read.

I'm agnostic about all sorts of things. One of those would be whether some conscious force created the universe. I'm also an atheist because I am not a theist.

By your twisted definition it’s the same difference. Semantics is not your game.
  14. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 02:22
    Atheism could be an adult version of not believing in Santa Claus anymore.
    Sad, but true.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    01 Jan '06 04:08
    And if he had been? So what?
    We all know how that turned out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree