1. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:371 edit
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    Tell me if you think that their is a difference between US Kings and Saudi Kings. Ruling families all related through blood and marriage. Disguising it all behind the veil of democracy. When was the last time the electoral college didn't pick a US leader. Do you really think that is the choice that democracy provides to voters. Or is it so called fr ...[text shortened]... n which the truely poorest people of all nations are the most religious. And the most fanatical
    US kings?

Look, I'm not claiming that Western Democracies are perfect or that Islamic Countries are all tyrannical. My premise is that the West has a longer tradition of democracy. Nothing more, nothing less.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:38
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, you used 'we' and 'I' is part of we.
    Kelly
    Your stupidity remains breathtaking. "We've" referred to the human race. That does include me, but does not imply a claim that I've been around for 1900+ years.

Got it now, simpleton?
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:40
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You sure are. Why don't you try to bring some evidence to refute the points raised?

EDIT: For example, your country was a dictatorship during my lifetime.
    Yes. Germany, Italy, Spain were also dictatorships, the list goes on and on. But it's undeniable that the history and tradition of democracy is longer in the West.

And your point are all very irrelevant to what I said.
  4. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:45
    Originally posted by Palynka
    US kings?

Look, I'm not claiming that Western Democracies are perfect or that Islamic Countries are all tyrannical. My premise is that the West has a longer tradition of democracy. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Sorry maybe I'm not being clear. Deomcracy is like a silver dollar. Heads Wester Democracy Tails Islamic Democracy. It is only the cultural divide that make them appear different. They are truly one in the same right now as we speak. It is one World Order!
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 21:09
    ..where is charles ( the hammer ) martel when you need him the most ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree