1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:14
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Define short.

As long as he doesn't return, would you agree with what I said?
    People are people, they are going to kill each other, rob each other,
    with hold what they owe each other, do right by each other and so on.
    Christianity has a time line, it displays a beginning and an end to the
    world of sin as we now see it. If true, some point in the future all
    doubt will be removed an people will simply end up where they are
    going for the choices and actions they have made. If it isn't true who
    cares what Christianity turns into?
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:16
    Will Christianity and Islam tend to a form of Zen/Gnostic Christianity and Zen/Gnostic Islam?

What do you think is the logical progression of these religions?
    Islam and Christianity are outgrowths of a world-wide democratic systems. They are both state religions used by an elite class of ruling men for the purpose of promoting the states agenda. Neither religion is true to it's origin of Theocracy. Christ is King and High Priest; what does that have to do with a demoncratic system. Oh sorry democratic system. Maybe you can't envision Christ being pissed with Christian and Islamic forms of democracy. The current world system of politically sponsored state religions have an appointed time for their end and destruction. Any neophite with an intrest in world religions and their origins, should be absolutely clear about the fact that Christianity was incorporated into the already existing state religions of the pagan democratic systems of Rome. Do you really think that christedom will continue to perp this global fraud?
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You have now, you have been around a long time, uh?
    Kelly
    Did I use the word "I", illiterate?
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:17
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Iran are Shea. And they are considered non muslims. They claim they are Muslims but they don't belive in some basic Islamic tenets and so they are not considered Muslims.
    They'd be surprised to hear that.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:20
    What do you mean Islamic democracy? A theocratic democracy? 😵
    Unless you want to claim that the US isn't a democracy because laws must comply with the US Constitution, the basic underlying law, then I fail to see how you can claim that Iran isn't a democracy though the laws have to comply with Islamic law, their basic underlying law.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:21
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    Islam and Christianity are outgrowths of a world-wide democratic systems. They are both state religions used by an elite class of ruling men for the purpose of promoting the states agenda. Neither religion is true to it's origin of Theocracy. Christ is King and High Priest; what does that have to do with a demoncratic system. Oh sorry democratic sys ...[text shortened]... systems of Rome. Do you really think that christedom will continue to perp this global fraud?
    Christendom has adapted to changing political regimes, social evolution and scientific progress and I think it will continue to do so. I don't see any reason why Islam shouldn't share this characteristics.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:25
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Unless you want to claim that the US isn't a democracy because laws must comply with the US Constitution, the basic underlying law, then I fail to see how you can claim that Iran isn't a democracy though the laws have to comply with Islamic law, their basic underlying law.
    If you don't see religious institutions playing an official part in Iran's politics then I can't help you.

What's your point anyway? Are you trying to say that Islamic countries have the same tradition of democracy as the so-called West?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:30
    If you don't see religious institutions playing an official part in Iran's politics then I can't help you.

What's your point anyway? Are you trying to say that Islamic countries have the same tradition of democracy as the so-called West?
    So what if it does? Has it ever occurred to you that most of the people in Iran might want religious institutions to play an official part in Iran's governance?

The West's "tradition of democracy" isn't very long and/or strong.
  9. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:30
    They'd be surprised to hear that.
    They will not be surprised, they know that.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:31
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    They will not be surprised, they know that.
    Sure, like Catholics "know" they're not Christians.
  11. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:32
    Christendom has adapted to changing political regimes, social evolution and scientific progress and I think it will continue to do so. I don't see any reason why Islam shouldn't share this characteristics.
    Tell me if you think that their is a difference between US Kings and Saudi Kings. Ruling families all related through blood and marriage. Disguising it all behind the veil of democracy. When was the last time the electoral college didn't pick a US leader. Do you really think that is the choice that democracy provides to voters. Or is it so called free enterprise? Have you been to Saudi or Dubbai latetly? It is all state sponsored religion, in which the truely poorest people of all nations are the most religious. And the most fanatical
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:32
    So what if it does? Has it ever occurred to you that most of the people in Iran might want religious institutions to play an official part in Iran's governance?

The West's "tradition of democracy" isn't very long and/or strong.
    Pathetic.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:331 edit
    Pathetic.
    You sure are. Why don't you try to bring some evidence to refute the points raised?

EDIT: For example, your country was a dictatorship during my lifetime.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:36
    Did I use the word "I", illiterate?
    No, you used 'we' and 'I' is part of we.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    12 Nov '06 20:37
    Pathetic.
    It all depends on how do you define democracy. If it what people want then what is in Iran is democracy because that is what people there want. Wheather it is Islamic or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree