1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 17:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And stuck it up yours.
    Ha ha 😀

Glad to see you still have a sense of humor about you. That is about the only good thing going for you.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 20:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Ha ha 😀

Glad to see you still have a sense of humor about you. That is about the only good thing going for you.
    You are really dumb if you can't laugh now and then, the more the merrier.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 01:141 edit
    Alternately, they may find the only practical way to do interstellar travel is to have frozen embryo's at say LN2 temps and the journey may take 10,000 years but science enables the ship and everything in it to have a lifespan ten times that if needed, so at journey's end, the embryo's are warmed up and put in an incubator and babies are 'born', raised at f ...[text shortened]... ng the infrastructure for adults who would live in whatever they designed when the kids grow up.
    Okay, now that whole scenario is just sad.

Why don't we save time and just create self-replicating and self-correcting and self-repairing robots and send them out to colonize the stars in our "glorious" name?

Both scenarios lack love. What the hell is the point?

Btw, I'm with the others, man is not going to go extinct.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 01:231 edit
    1) Species do not "go" extinct they "become" extinct - sorry this is one of those ticks where I get all pedantic about language. Pudgenik got it right, why can't everyone else?

2) As I get it (and I'm an agnostic) at the end of time we face the final judgement and those of us who pass the test become one with God. So the End of the World represents perfection, when God's children return to him (her).
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 22:47
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    1) Species do not "go" extinct they "become" extinct - sorry this is one of those ticks where I get all pedantic about language. Pudgenik got it right, why can't everyone else?

2) As I get it (and I'm an agnostic) at the end of time we face the final judgement and those of us who pass the test become one with God. So the End of the World represents perfection, when God's children return to him (her).
    And the rest of the life forms are just here to make sure humans survive that long?
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:041 edit
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Screen out the stupid people with an IQ test. Make up some bull$h!t statement that everyone on board the space ship will have to help fly the thing from time to time and so only the clever will be allowed on. Then fly away, safe in the knowledge that the only damage the fundies can do with their guns, knives, stakes, torches, nukes, etc... is to themselves ... on EARTH. 🙂
    I got news for you, I can do more damage to your body with a pencil than an unskilled man can do with a hunting knife.

To my understanding, it takes about 6 months after you are infected to know whether or not you have the aids virus.

In this same concept, how long does it take for a "normal" person to become a whack job. R.J. any thoughts, please!!
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:07
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I got news for you, I can do more damage to your body with a pencil than an unskilled man can do with a hunting knife.

To my understanding, it takes about 6 months after you are infected to know whether or not you have the aids virus.

In this same concept, how long does it take for a "normal" person to become a whack job. R.J. any thoughts, please!!
    Sorry, i just had to say that, LOL.
  8. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:09
    Genetic analysis proves the human race almost DID go extinct about 180 thousand years ago, our genetic diversity is small compared to other great apes and mammals.
    That analysis suggests the human race was down to maybe 20 people at one point in time. The older race, Neanderthals, DID go extinct and there is no reason to think we can't follow in their foo ...[text shortened]... rstellar travel as far away from Earth as possible.

Stay on Earth, extinction is inevitable.
    Yea, the J. W.'s will have a field day.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:14
    Genetic diversity studies totally falsifies that myth. The low diversity happened WAY before your time frame, almost 200,000 years ago. Don't care much if you believe it or not.
    I know i said this somewhere else, resently. It has been proven that the flood of Noah's day was regional. Primarily between the Black Sea and Med. Sea.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 00:321 edit
    I know i said this somewhere else, resently. It has been proven that the flood of Noah's day was regional. Primarily between the Black Sea and Med. Sea.
    Not really.

The Global Flood - The Hydroplate Theory

YouTube
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 00:341 edit
    Not really.
    I believe it included most of Turkey etc. It was certainly a large area, but didn't cover the whole earth.

I believe the ship was found in two sections on Mt. Arat. (this was back in the sixties)
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 00:38
    I believe it included most of Turkey etc. It was certainly a large area, but didn't cover the whole earth.

I believe the ship was found in two sections on Mt. Arat. (this was back in the sixties)
    It had to include the whole world. It is obvious that you do not believe the Holy Bible.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 02:10
    It had to include the whole world. It is obvious that you do not believe the Holy Bible.
    Whatever R.J.

You guys have to deal with teenagers too. R.J. is like a spiritual teen. Always right, everyone else is wrong. R.J. I don't care how old you are physically.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 02:49
    Whatever R.J.

You guys have to deal with teenagers too. R.J. is like a spiritual teen. Always right, everyone else is wrong. R.J. I don't care how old you are physically.
    I am not always right. That distinction belongs to God. But you need to realize that you are not always right either.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 14:23
    I am not always right. That distinction belongs to God. But you need to realize that you are not always right either.
    I don't know ANYTHING you are right about.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree