1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 02:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Yes, with your god having a remote video feed so it can watch and laugh its metaphorical ass off at all that suffering.
    How did you know about the remote video feed?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 11:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    How did you know about the remote video feed?
    I saw the secret plans. Very advanced stuff. Your god is having a ball playing with it, can get closeups of all the burns on their bodies, he even sets up a cure so the person can be burned all over again and then REALLY gets a good belly laugh over that.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 14:42
    I saw the secret plans. Very advanced stuff. Your god is having a ball playing with it, can get closeups of all the burns on their bodies, he even sets up a cure so the person can be burned all over again and then REALLY gets a good belly laugh over that.
    Did you see it in a dream or a vision?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jul '14 14:44
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Did you see it in a dream or a vision?
    I saw it in a video made by creationists.
  5. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 01:37
    Mankind WILL go extinct someday, where does god go after that?
    What you call mankind is billions of material bodies.

Bodies die.

However souls are eternal.

The soul moves on.........and then each and every soul incarnates into a new life through the phenomena called conception..

And all those bodies become dust in the wind.

And remember this earth is only one planet out of billions which have humankind.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 10:35
    Originally posted by Dasa
    What you call mankind is billions of material bodies.

Bodies die.

However souls are eternal.

The soul moves on.........and then each and every soul incarnates into a new life through the phenomena called conception..

And all those bodies become dust in the wind.

And remember this earth is only one planet out of billions which have humankind.
    Point me to one of those other planets with humankind on them. Are there any in our solar system?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 13:50
    Point me to one of those other planets with humankind on them. Are there any in our solar system?
    Good luck with that one, ha ha. ๐Ÿ˜€
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 14:30
    Mankind WILL go extinct someday, where does god go after that?
    It ceases to exist.

Gods only exist because people believe in them.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '14 18:49
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It ceases to exist.

Gods only exist because people believe in them.
    Amen to that๐Ÿ™‚
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 10:001 edit
    The assumption of man going extinct is based upon the assumption that man is an accident to begin with. It is an "Easy Come Easy Go" philosophy.

As a Christian I would say that the initial assumption is incorrect - that mankind is here by some freak accident. Though by sight, we may be so discouraged by happenings to mankind, that we may in a despair want to lean towards the whole existence of humans to be a accident, God became a man in Christ the Son of God.

God did not become a gerbil or a dolphin or a lama. God became a man in Jesus of Nazareth. It is hard to think that man is not that important to the Creator if the Creator was incarnated to become this man.

Now this Man, Jesus Christ said and even more importantly, acted like God. Had He just said that He was God become a man and not acted as such, we could dismiss Him. But He not only taught He was Son of God, He certainly behaved as God become a man.

This Man said that His words and the significance of His words were more reliable that the physical existence of the universe. Heaven and earth would pass away before His words and the significance of His words would pass away.

"Truly I say to you that this generation shall by no means pass away until all these things happen.

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words shall by no means pass away." (Matt. 24:34,35)

It is more likely that the Andromeda Galaxy will spin itself out, dissipate and dissolve into cold dust billions of years from now than the words of Jesus Christ should not be fulfilled.

All things were made BY Him and FOR Him. [God] "Has at the last of these days spoken to us in the Son, whom He appointed Heir of all things, through whom also He made the universe; Who, being the effulgence of His glory and the impress of His substance and upholding and bearing all things by the word of His power, having made purification of sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high ..." (Hebrews 1:2-3)

Jesus is the speaking forth of God Himself, the Word become flesh. God has spoken to us "in the Son" . Creation is by Him and unto Him, being for Him. And His words are more solid and trustworthy in their significance the physical universe itself.

But the modern philosophy has lost its way and assumes no real significance to humanity or lasting human worth. So they ask "What happens when we all go extinct?"

Atheism will go extinct. The man whom God became and the man whom He created for His eternal purpose will not so pass away.

The sinful man alienated from God will be no more. The sons of God will reign forever as brothers of the Firstborn Son of God.

"Because thow whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers." (Romans 8:29)

Don't be too surprised if some unbelievers resent this and argue instead for the extinction of humanity. Some may actually prefer extinction to meeting the Creator Who loves them and created them for His eternal purpose.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 10:162 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    The assumption of man going extinct is based upon the assumption that man is an accident to begin with. It is an "Easy Come Easy Go" philosophy.

As a Christian I would say that the initial assumption is incorrect - that mankind is here by some freak accident. Though by sight, we may be so discouraged by happenings to mankind, that we may in a despair w ...[text shortened]... r[/i] extinction to meeting the Creator Who loves them and created them for His eternal purpose.
    Accident or no, there will be no god coming down to fix all our boo boo's. We off ourselves, it's all over and the sooner theists realize that, the sooner we can get on with actual survival techniques. As a race, not talking about survivalists hiding out living in fear in Montana.

If we get by the next couple hundred years in more or less one piece, things look up, solving energy crisis, climate crisis, population crisis, resources crisis, we have to do all of the above to be able to say with confidence we might be here one thousand years from now.

If all goes well, humans will be on other planets and no matter what happens to Earth, humans go on. The further we get from Earth the further from extinction we get as a race.

Theists can wait till the cows come home but 2000 years is plenty long enough to convince those of us who are not totally programmed into religion to realize no god is going to save us from ourselves if we are so stupid as to off ourselves though several different scenario's.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 11:232 edits
    Accident or no, there will be no god coming down to fix all our boo boo's. We off ourselves, it's all over and the sooner theists realize that, the sooner we can get on with actual survival techniques. As a race, not talking about survivalists hiding out living in fear in Montana.

If we get by the next couple hundred years in more or less one piece, thin ...[text shortened]... e us from ourselves if we are so stupid as to off ourselves though several different scenario's.
    Accident or no, there will be no god coming down to fix all our boo boo's.

That's YOUR ignorance speaking sonhouse. That is YOUR ignorant assumption that God has no eternal purpose and that only fixing boo boos is in the Bible.

We off ourselves, it's all over and the sooner theists realize that, the sooner we can get on with actual survival techniques. As a race, not talking about survivalists hiding out living in fear in Montana.

The salvation we need runs deeper than any "survival techniques" can address. And there is no survival technique that will erase your sins before a perfect and Righteous God at the last judgement.

The "bomb shelter" against that blaze if Jesus Christ. You should come into Jesus as your bomb shelter against the blast of a Perfect God's examination of your many sins.

In Jesus Christ you will be perfectly safe and at peace. The blast to come will not bother you. And the new heaven and new earth as a new universe will be there for your eternal enjoyment and His glory.

Survival is in Jesus Christ.
    The new world is entered into through Jesus Christ.

If we get by the next couple hundred years in more or less one piece, things look up, solving energy crisis, climate crisis, population crisis, resources crisis, we have to do all of the above to be able to say with confidence we might be here one thousand years from now.

Bandaids merely.

And what temporary remedies technology has given us, I thank God for these too. You don't. But I do because the Bible says that the Lord keeps watch over all knowledge. And we have God to thank for many discoveries and invention which merely postpone temporarily His need to bring in a kingdom to get to the real root of man's problems.

I have had my say here and don't intend to argue all morning with you.

If all goes well, humans will be on other planets and no matter what happens to Earth, humans go on. The further we get from Earth the further from extinction we get as a race.

Nonsense sonhouse, If you DO go to another planet, guess what you are going to take WITH you?

Your sinful nature you will take to Altair 4 or Mars or anywhere else you think you can "Get Away From It All."

That goes for going to Heaven too. It is man's nature which needs to be transformed from the inside out. It is not going to a place. It is being transformed into a person. That is what the salvation is in Jesus Christ.

It is not going to Mars or even Heaven. What you are you will take with you to the new place to which you go. We need God's Divine Life imparted into us to conform us to the image of the Firstborn Son of God.

Then no matter WHERE God PUTS us, we will be just fine.

Do not think that if you put yourself on Venus or Triton where the methane sea glimmers and diamonds gush out of the ground like geysers, that then you'll be at peace. We need PEACE towards God. We need God Himself as Peace.

Then if you go to another planet you will take with you the Kingdom of God.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 11:332 edits
    Accident or no, there will be no god coming down to fix all our boo boo's.

That's YOUR ignorance speaking sonhouse. That is YOUR ignorant assumption that God has no eternal purpose and that only fixing boo boos is in the Bible.

[quote]
    We off ourselves, it's all over and the sooner theists realize that, the sooner we can get on with ...[text shortened]... as Peace.

Then if you go to another planet you will take with you the Kingdom of God.[/b]
    All that goodie two shoes crap is what has landed us in trouble. You ignore the cold fact no god came down to save those hundred million people killed in century 20 or the thousands being killed as we speak in the name of the Abrahamic god.

It is time for this god to show it's metaphoric face, not hide behind mealy mouth words made up by men as apologists for the 2000 years now of no god showing up.

You can spout bible verse all day long but NOTHING will deflect the fact no god has shown up in 2000 years of atrocities committed by humans on other humans and animals here and now.

There are two scenarios' that come to mind: One, no god, therefore all the atrocities happened because of evil psychopaths go unheeded, or Two, your god is out there but doesn't give a rats ass about what already happened to a hundred million murdered people in century 20 and 21.

Take your pick.

What mealy mouthed bible verses will you come up with now to handle THAT situation?

I have no doubt you will come up with some.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 14:595 edits
    All that goodie two shoes crap ...

You mean all the goodie two shoes crap you think engineers and scientists are going to invent for you.

We saw what your Atheism regimes did in the 20th century - Stalin, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao, Ceausescu.

Now get busy and dance for us about how they were all fundamentalist Christians. Do the "Everybody bad was a Christian" dance for us.

Let's not forget Hitler who wrote "Today I have made a pact with the Devil." [paraphrase]. I know you'll run to Internet Infidels to argue that he too was a choir boy in some Catholic church.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 17:051 edit
    All that goodie two shoes crap ...

You mean all the goodie two shoes crap you think engineers and scientists are going to invent for you.

We saw what your Atheism regimes did in the 20th century - Stalin, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao, Ceausescu.

Now get busy and dance for us about how they were all fundamentalist Christians. Do the "Ev ...[text shortened]... ow you'll run to Internet Infidels to argue that he too was a choir boy in some Catholic church.
    My point wasn't the religious orientation of the despots, you seem to not want to understand my real point. A hundred million killed with ZERO response from your alleged god. There is no refutation for that. Your god, your alleged god, if it exists, totally ignored the suffering of a country's full of people. Literally one hundred million deaths from these despotic animals who considered those killed below human level and thus could kill millions with no more regret than that for a dead fly you slap on your face, the regret there you got fly juice on your face. That's about the level of regret for those beasts.

So just how many people die before your alleged god responds? 1 billion? 3 billion? All 8 billion of us?

That is my main point, since we already know for an absolute fact your alleged god did ZERO for 100 million deaths, I see no reason to doubt if for whatever reason there were 7 billion deaths, the results would be the same. Zero response from your supposed loving god of grace.

That kind of response is not loving or anything like grace. That is abandonment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree