What happens when we die

What happens when we die

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
17 Mar 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
elucidate how you see a distinction that makes any difference.

I choose to accept that I do not know because I cannot obtain the information I would need to know.

In such cases, rational people dismiss arguments that attempt to establish an answer as true. Such questions essentially are meaningless.
I see a distinction, sure thing, as I already told you at the other thread during our conversation. Well, once more:

Since you are ignorant, you must just state that you do not know what is "true" and what is "not true", because a person that is aware of her/ his ignorance cannot be sure that her/ his choise is accurate regarding this matter, thus he cannot have the knowledge of the "right" and of the "wrong" in relation with this matter itself; all in all, at first we have to know that we don't know. Then, our sole rational decision is to state that we just don't know and to leave the possibilities open (keeping our mental flexibility and keeping open the option to get to to know). Every other decision, like the decision you made, is merely the projection of your inclination which you have the delusion that is "true". But in this case your mind has just hi-jacked you.

Furthermore, over here you push twhitehead to accept that he "does not know the truth" although he states an argument which is very well backed up by scientific finds and evidence; or, either through your own perceptions or through those recounted by others whom you can accept as rational and reliable sources, are you aware of a case at which we established communication with a dead person?
Then you state that the "rational person" must simlpy conclude that Your opinion is "right", and this means that you expect twhitehead to reject the scientific finds and evidence he offered and to state that "he does not know" just because You say so.

Well, it seems to me that this irrational string of thoughts of yours is caused just because your mind cannot see the contradictions😵

Cape Town

Moves
17 Mar 09

Now, that was a snark -- here's the straight answer: I don't need to provide reasoning for that which is quite self-evident to any rational person.
Call me irrational all you like, it wont make your argument - or lack thereof - any more rational.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
17 Mar 09

Oh, that's right. I forgot. My entire retirement plan and all my savings are invested in Afterlife, Inc., which has turned out, strangely enough, to be something of a growth stock, despite the recent downturn.

As I've always said, follow the money.

Now, that was a snark -- here's the straight answer: I don't need to provide reasoning for that which i ...[text shortened]... rind -- and should immediately return to that void between your ears you mistake for a mind.
Hey Scriabin my friend,

It's me, this miserable atheist black beetle, the one who has That Void in this empty skull of his😵

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
17 Mar 09

Originally posted by black beetle
I see a distinction, sure thing, as I already told you at the other thread during our conversation. Well, once more:

Since you are ignorant, you must just state that you do not know what is "true" and what is "not true", because a person that is aware of her/ his ignorance cannot be sure that her/ his choise is accurate regarding this matter, thus he ...[text shortened]... ts of yours is caused just because your mind cannot see the contradictions😵
the problem is what "seems" to you.

You manage, perhaps thru the "void" that is the nature of your mind, to get what I say completely backwards.

could be the effect of vacuum on the attempt to be logical.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
17 Mar 09
1 edit

Hey Scriabin my friend,

It's me, this miserable atheist black beetle, the one who has That Void in this empty skull of his😵
I'm not even interested in wearing a vest ...

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
17 Mar 09

the problem is what "seems" to you.

You manage, perhaps thru the "void" that is the nature of your mind, to get what I say completely backwards.

could be the effect of vacuum on the attempt to be logical.
I never make any attempt to "be logical" -I play with my own rules🙂

Well? Are you aware either your own perceptions or through those recounted by others whom you can accept as rational and reliable sources, of a case at which we established communication with a dead person?
😵

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
18 Mar 09

I never make any attempt to "be logical" -I play with my own rules🙂

Well? Are you aware either your own perceptions or through those recounted by others whom you can accept as rational and reliable sources, of a case at which we established communication with a dead person?
😵
well, yes, my late father visits me now and then in a recurring dream.

we sit, as we once did when he was alive, in New York City at a well-known bar and, for the first and only time, had a drink together and conversed as adults, not as father and son.

he comes to me at unpredictable times. It is perhaps usually when I need him to advise me. He came before I chose to have the surgery that took a section of my intestine and put me into a month of near-death trauma -- he had advised me I had little choice but to risk it and bear the consequences because not to risk it insured a worse result.

He came after my son died during the midst of that post-surgical trauma to help me regain the will to live when all I wanted to do was join my son. He reminded me of my obligations, my responsibilities, of my duty to shoulder the burdens life puts on us and to go on because others depend on us.

But I do not say it was really he -- it was what he put in my brain of himself. I don't really need the dreams. He and his voice and his advice, they are always with me. So is my son.

My father was a scientist and a scientific rationalist. So am I. He did not and I do not feel, or believe that our consciousness as we know it can survive the cessation of electrical activity in the brain, which is perhaps the best definition of death. Yet neither of us were prepared to state we knew what, if any, possibilities existed for which our understanding or perceptions cannot apprehend.

So in a way, there is always an afterlife -- you leave your mark and part of yourself in those who live on. There may be more, but if so, I don't know of it.

As for playing with your own rules -- that is most immature of you to say.

Good luck with that. You'll need it.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
18 Mar 09

well, yes, my late father visits me now and then in a recurring dream.

we sit, as we once did when he was alive, in New York City at a well-known bar and, for the first and only time, had a drink together and conversed as adults, not as father and son.

he comes to me at unpredictable times. It is perhaps usually when I need him to advise me. He came b ...[text shortened]... our own rules -- that is most immature of you to say.

Good luck with that. You'll need it.
At last this is Scriabin, not a tape recorder spouting words of Grossman, Amis, Atwood, Rushdie, Chesterton, Bunuel and al that jazz🙂. This is a genuine thought of yours, and for me it’s by far more valuable that these layers of rust covering one’s mind.

The basic rule of mine is to be Myself anywhere anytime. Since I know Myself I am naturally ready to share everything with pure joy -I offer you the right answer to the wrong question, I cannot harm you without harming myself. Sometimes one has to remain alone for a while, for he has to see through his own vision; luck has nothing to do with this, so luck I need not.

I wish you the best for you and yours😵

z

Moves
19 Mar 09

We go to the place that's the best!

P

Moves
26 Mar 09

I know you don't know me, and I am no saint by any means, however, I serve the one who always is, was and will be. And I have a strange life. To be on the outside seemingly looking in, where in truth I'm on the inside looking out. For those who walk and are in the spirit as I live there to, we know! When a person dies it is that person who judges themselves. All is revieled at the moment of death, all that ever was, and has been done. And this is where the one I serve steps in, because no one and I mean no one is worthy but the one I serve. And it is that special grace that saves. All those who feel they are worthy, yes you who say "Iam" because I know his name be warned. Just because you say you know him will not save you.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
26 Mar 09

Originally posted by znsho
We go to the place that's the best!
"Spirit in the Sky" single written and sung by Norman Greenbaum; it went double platinum (2,000,000 copies sold) in 1969-70. Good song.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
26 Mar 09

In vain we scream, in vain we shout
And try our best to find out
And when it’s the end of our route
What’s left is simply doubt.

We simply exist, silent, unaware
Busy with minute mundane worldly care
Occasionally find someone who’ll dare
To ask why we came, and from here go where?

Some always seek the rational mind
Some will appeal to faith that’s blind
If you turn within, you’ll surely find
Both paths will lead further behind.

--Shahriar Shahriari

z

Moves
29 Mar 09

Originally posted by dystoniac
"Spirit in the Sky" single written and sung by Norman Greenbaum; it went double platinum (2,000,000 copies sold) in 1969-70. Good song.
Super stuff. Who plays guitar? Is it Norman Greenbaum?

Many good covers out there as well. Check out Dr. and the Medics. Even Elton John (Reg Dwight) has a good go at it.

bb

Moves
02 Apr 09

The soul we all have is part of God. When we are concieved we are given a soul from God, it is part of him. When our physical body that has carried around the soul for however long it can ,expires ,the soul goes back to where it came ... to God in Heaven. and that's what happens.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
02 Apr 09

Originally posted by big bern
The soul we all have is part of God. When we are concieved we are given a soul from God, it is part of him. When our physical body that has carried around the soul for however long it can ,expires ,the soul goes back to where it came ... to God in Heaven. and that's what happens.
The illusion of hope, of future and of tomorrow is a deep illusion.
How can you say that there is “body” and that there is “mind”? There is just BodyMind. You can use the first in order to handle the latter and vice versa.

Use your mind in order to remain not trapped. Your mind is your gateless gate to this very world. Hell and Paradise are not places somewhere but Attitude -Your Attitude. Go on free and create your own Hell and your own Paradise, aware of this very fact.

Your mind has to be your Friend and not your Master. Anyway, Anywhere, Anyhow.

Your nature is the nature of your mind. Give the nature that you desire to your mind, being aware of the fact that you are not the sum of your thoughts.

How are you prepared to use your mind?
😵