1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 14:38
    Originally posted by @apathist
    You know about loaded questions, right.

You got nothing. Your Jesus is absent. I'd expect a god to show up.
    You want God to reveal Himself to you? Why don’t you ask Him to? I mean sincerely ask Him to.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:19
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You want God to reveal Himself to you? Why don’t you ask Him to? I mean sincerely ask Him to.
    I would agree, that's good advice. But since the unbeliever--not yet drawn by God or touched by the HS--doesn't know God. It would be pretty impossible to pray TO Him. Agreed? Still, I would never dissuade someone from seeking and trying.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:32
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I would agree, that's good advice. But since the unbeliever--not yet drawn by God or touched by the HS--doesn't know God. It would be pretty impossible to pray TO Him. Agreed? Still, I would never dissuade someone from seeking and trying.
    Yeah, that’s probably right. It’s interesting how many people have to hit rock bottom before seeking God or crying out to Him. It’s like they ran out of options and have no alternative.

Fortunately, God always responds - and helps - those who seek Him with a sincere heart.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 May '18 16:36
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Yeah, that’s probably right. It’s interesting how many people have to hit rock bottom before seeking God or crying out to Him. It’s like they ran out of options and have no alternative.

Fortunately, God always responds - and helps - those who seek Him with a sincere heart.
    It's that sincere part that matters. I personally don't think it's possible without the work of the HS but hey. What do I know.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '18 18:06
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    It's that sincere part that matters. I personally don't think it's possible without the work of the HS but hey. What do I know.
    Agree. The Holy Spirit may be working on someone for quite a while and it’s only when that someone hits rock bottom that his or her resistance is overcome. God doesn’t force anyone to believe and I’ve found God most often communicates with us in the “still small voice” that Elijah encountered.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree