1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 01:56
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There are thousands of false religions out there.............so why at the time of death would you reach for Christianity?
    Because it is only through Christ that one can receive eternal life.
    You can not receive that through Hare Krishna.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 01:59
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If god provided you with the capacity for reason, why should he punish you for exercising it? For my part, I should think that god would be more pleased with someone who had an honestly reasoned doubt than with someone who had a slavish, unthinking devotion.
    You mean someone like Thomas in the New Testament?
    Remember what Jesus told Thomas.
  3. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:01
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If god provided you with the capacity for reason, why should he punish you for exercising it? For my part, I should think that god would be more pleased with someone who had an honestly reasoned doubt than with someone who had a slavish, unthinking devotion.
    ...or a 'just in case' conversion.
  4. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:04
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Adolf Hitler had plenty of well thought out reasons. You can read them in his book Mien Kompf. He certainly made use of the logical mind his Creator endowed him with.

Do you think God will congradulate him ?
    do you presume to think how god will judge hitler?

it could be that they were partners working towards a common goal. god has made bets with the devil after all, and compacts with a men and nations are not unheard of.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:06
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You can ask a similar question about sexual orientation.

There is strong evidence that your sexual preferences are to a greater extent
    pre-determined at birth.

So if you say that god made people, then he also made gay people gay.

And then told everyone else to kill them....

And this is fair/just/kind/loving how?

If I die, and find mysel ...[text shortened]... ss of how 'good' a life you lead otherwise...
    Is not a god worth worshipping, even if real.
    God did not make Gay people. I am sure you must have heard someone
    say, "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." All defects in man
    has come about due to the fall of man from his higher state to his
    present state. It is not any type of evolution that has taken place,
    as you seem to think.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:101 edit
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Adolf Hitler had plenty of well thought out reasons. You can read them in his book Mien Kompf. He certainly made use of the logical mind his Creator endowed him with.

Do you think God will congradulate him ?
    I think rwingett and googlefudge see Hitler as a great example of the
    evolutionay progress of man.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We are not saved by reason and logic, but by faith and trust.
    But you can gain faith in trust by using you reason and logic
    in the right way. But before this you must gain knowledge of
    the truth and, for you, that may require much study.
    This whole thread is not worth the effort to study. Since there won't be any judgement, since the idea of judgement was invented by men to control other men and subjugate women, the idea of some afterlife is so much poppycock. All this christian BS was invented by Paul not Jesus. Paul wanted to start a religion that would be accepted by the Romans since he knew if he converted them he would have a world wide power base, in that he succeeded beyond his wildest dreams, took down the whole empire in less than 400 years.

I still want to have an answer for the destruction that christianity caused in countries around the world, you christians have not even broached that subject. Too sensitive?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 02:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This whole thread is not worth the effort to study. Since there won't be any judgement, since the idea of judgement was invented by men to control other men and subjugate women, the idea of some afterlife is so much poppycock. All this christian BS was invented by Paul not Jesus. Paul wanted to start a religion that would be accepted by the Romans since he ...[text shortened]... countries around the world, you christians have not even broached that subject. Too sensitive?
    I know this thread is not worth the effort to study, but the Holy Bible is.
    The truth is true regardless if you believe it or not. You seem to have
    turned into a mind reader with extraordinary powers to be able to
    read the mind and intent of a man who had lived nearly 2,000 years ago.
  9. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:02
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    You can ask a similar question about sexual orientation.

There is strong evidence that your sexual preferences are to a greater extent
    pre-determined at birth.

So if you say that god made people, then he also made gay people gay.

And then told everyone else to kill them....

And this is fair/just/kind/loving how?

If I die, and find mysel ...[text shortened]... ss of how 'good' a life you lead otherwise...
    Is not a god worth worshipping, even if real.
    you'll never get to give God a piece of your mind...

God does not make you gay, nor a murderer etc. What you should do is look at that persons parents, childhood and friends. It is your own decision to be gay. Being gay is just morally wrong and now they and you want to point fingers at God in which you do not even belief in "but want to blame". Your head is not screwed up right. Blame the parents, blame the friends - they are the ones responsible for it, not God.

God is no person whom you think can be mocked.
  10. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God did not make Gay people. I am sure you must have heard someone
    say, "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve." All defects in man
    has come about due to the fall of man from his higher state to his
    present state. It is not any type of evolution that has taken place,
    as you seem to think.
    Evolution from normal to gay should be called "your stupid!" And someone believing in evolution and is gay, is way passed stupid. If I was a bit harsh on someone here, at least you know I am talking the truth.

I agree with RJHinds, man is to be blamed themselves for the defects, not God.
  11. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    This whole thread is not worth the effort to study. Since there won't be any judgement, since the idea of judgement was invented by men to control other men and subjugate women, the idea of some afterlife is so much poppycock. All this christian BS was invented by Paul not Jesus. Paul wanted to start a religion that would be accepted by the Romans since he ...[text shortened]... countries around the world, you christians have not even broached that subject. Too sensitive?
    HA HA HA you have got guts. Who are you to lecture any Christian on the invention of Christianity? Your poor effort here proof you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Christians? Destruction? In countries around the world?
    Why have you forgot to ask Hitler, Islam, Vedas and ALL the other false religions the same question? Why only for Christians?

Too sensitive?
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:22
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    HA HA HA you have got guts. Who are you to lecture any Christian on the invention of Christianity? Your poor effort here proof you have absolutely no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Christians? Destruction? In countries around the world?
    Why have you forgot to ask Hitler, Islam, Vedas and ALL the other false religions the same question? Why only for Christians?

Too sensitive?
    As far as major religons go Christianity and Islam has been by far the most violent or so the history books tell us
  13. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:35
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    As far as major religons go Christianity and Islam has been by far the most violent or so the history books tell us
    Yes fighting has been going on from Biblical times and will still continue, but it is not what is causing destruction in the world today. Maybe 100's of years ago but not today.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 05:40
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Yes fighting has been going on from Biblical times and will still continue, but it is not what is causing destruction in the world today. Maybe 100's of years ago but not today.
    Still you can see why those barbaric practices, which were clearly accosiated with theism, can make religon an easy target for enquiring people.
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 06:16
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    indeed, but the most violent overall have been political ideologies and mismanagement.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree