1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 08:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He would also be a gun owner. 😏
    I think you are confusing the Messiah with John Wayne.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 02:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have no idea what sort of society the Son of God would be sent into. That however is not what is being discussed. It is clear however that you do not want to discuss what is being discussed. So why not just keep quiet? Or do you not want anyone else to discuss it either?
    If you are so eager to indulge yourself in mental masturbation, be my guest.

Just don't pretend it has any meaning.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 06:45
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    If you are so eager to indulge yourself in mental masturbation, be my guest.

Just don't pretend it has any meaning.
    What gives you the right to decide whether or not what I am thinking or discussing has any meaning? Sorry, but the only person pretending here is you. You are pretending you are the final authority on meaning. You are not. You are just pissed that people would dare to speculate about what would happen if Jesus had been born today.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 02:56
    What gives you the right to decide whether or not what I am thinking or discussing has any meaning? Sorry, but the only person pretending here is you. You are pretending you are the final authority on meaning. You are not. You are just pissed that people would dare to speculate about what would happen if Jesus had been born today.
    Maybe she believes masturbation is not a good use of your time and effort. 😏
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 03:06
    Isn't that inconsistent with his attitude towards swords, c.f. the garden of Gethsemane story?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 03:25
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Isn't that inconsistent with his attitude towards swords, c.f. the garden of Gethsemane story?
    I am not good at hypothetical conjectures and make believe. 😏
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 08:33
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Yes, i had also thought of that example. Giving Jesus a gun is akin to handing Gandhi a rocket launcher. It's illogical.

I would though be interested to hear the grounds for Hinds belief that a modern Jesus would be a gun owner. What is there in the bible that would support such a conclusion?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 09:11
    Maybe she believes masturbation is not a good use of your time and effort. 😏
    Well that's none of her business, nor yours. Nor can either of you rightly declare it meaningless.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '16 11:00
    You're not exactly proving your case that the Republicans are the lesser of two evils.

In fact, I'd hazard a guess and say that if you actually believe this nonsense then the meaning and purpose of the entire New Testament is completely unintelligible to you. No wonder you say some of the stupid things you say.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jan '16 11:111 edit
    Well that's none of her business, nor yours. Nor can either of you rightly declare it meaningless.
    I think you yourself declared it meaningless when you decided that you were an atheist. Can you honestly say that this question has a profoundly deep value that deserves pages of rumination? The life and teachings of Jesus are as profound today as they were in his own time. Musing on what he would do had he been born into in this world is of such minor importance in comparison to the deeper assurances of eternal life one can gain by following him. This is the same thinking that drives modern man to celebrate his birth more than his death simply for the financial profit that can be made. It's entirely missing the point of the Gospels. Yes, I think I can indeed deem it meaningless, just like you can, albeit for an entirely different reason.

If you are really looking for meaning, you can start with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Follow that up with Acts, Romans and Hebrews.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    06 Jan '16 12:23
    I think you yourself declared it meaningless when you decided that you were an atheist. Can you honestly say that this question has a profoundly deep value that deserves pages of rumination? The life and teachings of Jesus are as profound today as they were in his own time. Musing on what he would do had he been born into in this world is of such minor i ...[text shortened]... you can start with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Follow that up with Acts, Romans and Hebrews.
    Celebrating his death would be a little odd don't you think? Assuming you meant the resurrection then I tend to agree as that is the more important festival. However, aside from Easter eggs, there isn't much scope for capitalist exploitation of Easter. From a Christian point of view I'd have thought that was welcome to you, as there's something endlessly crass about the way Christmas is exploited to make profits.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jan '16 13:22
    I think you yourself declared it meaningless when you decided that you were an atheist.
    You think wrong.

Can you honestly say that this question has a profoundly deep value that deserves pages of rumination?
    No. But that does not equate to being meaningless.

The life and teachings of Jesus are as profound today as they were in his own time.
    To you, maybe. Not to me.

Musing on what he would do had he been born into in this world is of such minor importance in comparison to the deeper assurances of eternal life one can gain by following him.
    So its all relative?
    Well given that anything you have to say is of such minor importance compare to what Mandela has to say, I declare every single one of your posts utterly meaningless. Or so your logic dictates.

Yes, I think I can indeed deem it meaningless, just like you can, albeit for an entirely different reason.
    And you would be wrong.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 05:502 edits
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes, i had also thought of that example. Giving Jesus a gun is akin to handing Gandhi a rocket launcher. It's illogical.

I would though be interested to hear the grounds for Hinds belief that a modern Jesus would be a gun owner. What is there in the bible that would support such a conclusion?
    In Luke 22:36 NASB the following is what Jesus is reported to have said:
    And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 05:53
    You're not exactly proving your case that the Republicans are the lesser of two evils.

In fact, I'd hazard a guess and say that if you actually believe this nonsense then the meaning and purpose of the entire New Testament is completely unintelligible to you. No wonder you say some of the stupid things you say.
    Why do you continue to persecute me?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Jan '16 16:17
    Before I comment on Luke 35-38 I would say Christ BORN Today is exactly what the will of God is, throughout all the ages since His resurrection.

God intends that Christ be BORN within those who receive His Holy Spirit.

Paul says Christ was revealed in him -

" But when it pleased God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me through His grace,

To reveal His Son in me that I might announce Him among the Gentiles ..." (Gal. 1:15,16a)

This man understood why he was born into the world. He grasped why he existed. It was that Christ might be revealed in him too. That is Christ the living Lord, might also be BORN in his own personality.

When you read the writings of the matured Paul you are seeing Jesus Christ born and revealed in him in Paul's age. The same should be the case for every believer in Christ.

God wills that the world would see how Christ would live by calling men and women to implant Christ into the; impart Christ's life and nature into them, and reveal Christ living in them.

The Christ imparted and the Christ lived is to be the Christ announced to the nations.
    Go to next post.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree