1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 17:52
    What if someone who is a confessed christian, accepted Christ as his savior and worships the paper god suddenly suffers from memory loss and can only recall a time before he found Christ? Would he then be damned until he can find Christ again? What if he gets dementia or Alzheimer's and simply isn't able to make that connection anymore and only seems to recall that summer at the hippie commune worshipping Thor? Is he damned by accident?

... --- ...
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    19 Mar '05 18:43
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    What if someone who is a confessed christian, accepted Christ as his savior and worships the paper god suddenly suffers from memory loss and can only recall a time before he found Christ? Would he then be damned until he can find Christ again? What if he gets dementia or Alzheimer's and simply isn't able to make that connection anymore and only seems ...[text shortened]... ll that summer at the hippie commune worshipping Thor? Is he damned by accident?

... --- ...
    Working on the premise that God is all-knowing and all-loving, that person would be assured of salvation based on his/her previous conscious, volitive act.
  3. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 20:47
    Originally posted by eagles54
    Working on the premise that God is all-knowing and all-loving, that person would be assured of salvation based on his/her previous conscious, volitive act.
    So someone could make that volitive act and the change his mind in a flurry of doubt on his death bed and then still make it into heaven?

Also, that person would be assured of salvation even if his last breath is used cursing God and praising the all powerful Zeus?

Following this same train of thought, is someone who is considered insane even capable of making that volitive choice?

... --- ...
  4. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 11:37
    Originally posted by eagles54
    yeah - but does he still love God? if i was to turn to a live of pure evil now and stop lving anf following God, would i still go to heaven? no! becoming a christain is not so mucha decision, it is (in most cases) a lifestyle change. i'm not overly sure about people with amnesia, but would they still not keep their old lifestyle? they meerly have lost their memory, not the way they think.
  5. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 11:20
    ...in retrospect, i don't actually know. God is loving, forgiving and understanding. so, yeah...ignore my previous post as i pretty much don't have a scooby 🙂
  6. Standard memberAlcra
    Lazy Sod
    Everywhere
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 13:32
    Originally posted by genius
    ...in retrospect, i don't actually know. God is loving, forgiving and understanding. so, yeah...ignore my previous post as i pretty much don't have a scooby 🙂
    a rec for saying "i don't have a scooby" made me smile....
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 16:321 edit
    What if someone who is a confessed christian, accepted Christ as his savior and worships the paper god suddenly suffers from memory loss and can only recall a time before he found Christ? Would he then be damned until he can find Chri ...[text shortened]... ommune worshipping Thor? Is he damned by accident?

... --- ...
    God wouldn't just say because you have Alzheimer's and you started swearing and using my name in vain you are going to hell even though you accepted my son. That is way O.S.A.S. is true. Because Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
  8. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 15:06
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God wouldn't just say because you have Alzheimer's and you started swearing and using my name in vain you are going to hell even though you accepted my son. That is way O.S.A.S. is true. Because Romans 8:1 - There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
    What is O.S.A.S. please.
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 15:12
    So someone could make that volitive act and the change his mind in a flurry of doubt on his death bed and then still make it into heaven?

Also, that person would be assured of salvation even if his last breath is used cursing God and praising the all powerful Zeus?

Following this same train of thought, is someone who is considered insane even capable of making that volitive choice?

... --- ...
    Remember that thief on the cross,that asked to be with CHRIST, when he was dying on the cross. We may never know the multitudes of people that lived unsaved lives all their lives, until the moments before their death. When at the last moments acceptted the Salvation that CHRIST offers.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 16:20
    What is O.S.A.S. please.
    Once Saved Always Saved
  11. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 11:25
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Once Saved Always Saved
    No! Surely not.

I'd always been told that OSAS meant "Once a Sucker Always a Sucker"
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    02 Apr '05 05:37
    RBHILL
    Jesus Loves you!
    1 edit

Moves : 24043
    Total recs : 209

Heaven is where you make!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree