What if ........

What if ........

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Since you do not agree with "anything goes" as far as speech, do you think people who favor mass murder of other people on religious grounds should be allowed to post on RHP?
The difference between me and an Islamic fundamentalist is that I don't track where people live when they disagree with me and kill them. And I don't behead people.

If you think me presenting Christianity to you in an online forum is "forcing", I shudder to think how up in arms you were when evolution was presented to you as a fact rather than a theory. I'm sure there was an uproar.

Am I right?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
01 Mar 05

I'm not taking a position, just asking a hypothetical question. And I've never said that "anything goes" on RHP as you well know.

I didn't say that .... 😉

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by Darfius
The difference between me and an Islamic fundamentalist is that I don't track where people live when they disagree with me and kill them. And I don't behead people.

If you think me presenting Christianity to you in an online forum is ...[text shortened]... ther than a theory. I'm sure there was an uproar.

Am I right?
Your bigotry is showing as usual. You are claiming ALL Muslim Fundamentalists kill people which is an outright lie. And you would behead people, even an infant, if your God commanded you to, wouldn't you Darfius?

f

Moves
01 Mar 05

Your bigotry is showing as usual. You are claiming ALL Muslim Fundamentalists kill people which is an outright lie. And you would behead people, even an infant, if your God commanded you to, wouldn't you Darfius?
LOL, If you thought God Was commanding to kill a person, Then Its Saten. He acts like hes God somtimes

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
LOL, If you thought God Was commanding to kill a person, Then Its Saten. He acts like hes God somtimes
Your God never commanded anyone to kill another person?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
01 Mar 05

Here we go again ... please pass the bourbon no1 ... I desperately need it .... 😛

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Here we go again ... please pass the bourbon no1 ... I desperately need it .... 😛
As usual you have nothing constructive to say. Although you are making things up, as usual, I'll paraphrase WC Fields and say, "Tomorrow I'll be sober but you'll still be an idiot."

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
01 Mar 05

There are many instances in the Bible of God-ordained killing of other
people. Why was it permissible 3000 years ago but not now? Because
you think 'God' spoke to 'your' people and 'Satan' speaks to 'those'
people?

Hardly sounds fair, doesn't it?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
01 Mar 05

As usual you have nothing constructive to say. Although you are making things up, as usual, I'll paraphrase WC Fields and say, "Tomorrow I'll be sober but you'll still be an idiot."
I thought it was Churchhill who said this...

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
There are many instances in the Bible of God-ordained killing of other
people. Why was it permissible 3000 years ago but not now? Because
you think 'God' spoke to 'your' people and 'Satan' speaks to 'those'
people?

Hardly sounds fair, doesn't it?
There is a difference between self defense from barbaric people who would kill you if given the chance and beheading an innocent contractor in Iraq because they're from a country you hate.

I'm sorry you can't see the difference. I really am.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nemesio
I thought it was Churchhill who said this...
He stole it from the great WC. Damn limeys!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Mar 05
1 edit

There is a difference between self defense from barbaric people who would kill you if given the chance and beheading an innocent contractor in Iraq because they're from a country you hate.

Really? I wonder why those people in Iraq hate the US, maybe because the US invaded Iraq and killed a ton of Iraqis? And was it self-defense to slaughter the Midianite prisoners, Darfius?

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
01 Mar 05

I wouldn't say that the virgin women and children were a
'barbaric' people, would you?

And don't you dare suggest that I am not opposed to Islamic
terrorists!

Nemesio

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
01 Mar 05

Labels are so easy...

You would be surprised just how many Christians are labelled as fundamentalist, both by non-Christians and by fellow Christians from the more 'liberal' end. Heck, in some people's eyes I'm probably one of them the minute I say I believe something miraculous in the Bible.

And you'd be surprised just how many Muslims are strong believers in their faith yet have no more inclination to behead people than you do.

One of the points of this thread, I think, is the bigotry and racism that is often present in ourselves when we don't realise it. It's remarkably easy to see the 'other' as a bloc while insisting that we are very much individual people.

Statements like the one you've made are illustrating the point, sadly.

Please do NOT assume that the next person you see in your neighbourhood with a beard and a turban is up to no good. And bear in mind that the 9/11 hijackers were respectable middle-class people who generally had been living in the West for a number of years while blending in beautifully.

The Apologist

Moves
01 Mar 05

Originally posted by orfeo
Labels are so easy...

You would be surprised just how many Christians are labelled as fundamentalist, both by non-Christians and by fellow Christians from the more 'liberal' end. Heck, in some people's eyes I'm probably one of them the minute I say I believe something miraculous in the Bible.

And you'd be surprised just how many Muslims are strong ...[text shortened]... e who generally had been living in the West for a number of years while blending in beautifully.
I'm not racist at all. And it's amusing to me that my comments came off as such. Because I was merely observing a fact.

I mean, are we going to pretend that it doesn't say in the Koran to "smite the head from the unbelievers?"

Name me a fundamentalist Christian group that has killed people. A Biblically-based group, mind you.