1. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    13 Dec '07 23:04
    What is the most complicated machine man had ever made?
    Is it a nuclear power plant, or the space shuttle, or the computer?
  2. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    1514
    13 Dec '07 23:15
    Probably the global economy. It's vast and complex and purposeful, and has trillions and trillions of moving parts of all kinds, and it represents enormous efficiency and power, all toward to goal of creating profit and increasing value.

    The most amazing thing about it is that it wasn't designed, but is simply an manifestation of many smaller agents working toward smaller short-term goals.
  3. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    3637
    13 Dec '07 23:25
    Originally posted by darthmix
    Probably the global economy. It's vast and complex and purposeful, and has trillions and trillions of moving parts of all kinds, and it represents enormous efficiency and power, all toward to goal of creating profit and increasing value.

    The most amazing thing about it is that it wasn't designed, but is simply an manifestation of many smaller agents working toward smaller short-term goals.
    ROFLMAO
  4. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    13 Dec '07 23:37
    Originally posted by snowinscotland
    ROFLMAO
    ROFLMAO

    What's that?
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Joined
    13 Dec '04
    Moves
    49088
    14 Dec '07 00:27
    Originally posted by josephw
    What is the most complicated machine man had ever made?
    Is it a nuclear power plant, or the space shuttle, or the computer?
    A nuclear power plant.
  6. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49979
    14 Dec '07 00:31
    Originally posted by josephw
    What is the most complicated machine man had ever made?
    Is it a nuclear power plant, or the space shuttle, or the computer?
    Who cares?
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12622
    14 Dec '07 00:361 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    What is the most complicated machine man had ever made?
    Is it a nuclear power plant, or the space shuttle, or the computer?
    Good question.

    IBM's MVS Operating System was suppose to be the longest computer program ever written. It required hundreds of man years to put together.

    MVS stands for "Multiple Virtual Storage".
  8. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    3637
    14 Dec '07 00:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    ROFLMAO

    What's that?
    Roll On Floor Laughing My Ass Off
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    14 Dec '07 02:56
    Originally posted by josephw
    What is the most complicated machine man had ever made?
    Is it a nuclear power plant, or the space shuttle, or the computer?
    Electric can openers. I can never get them to work!!!
  10. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    14 Dec '07 12:57
    Robosapien.

    No question.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    3992
    14 Dec '07 14:04
    Originally posted by darthmix
    Probably the global economy. It's vast and complex and purposeful, and has trillions and trillions of moving parts of all kinds, and it represents enormous efficiency and power, all toward to goal of creating profit and increasing value.

    The most amazing thing about it is that it wasn't designed, but is simply an manifestation of many smaller agents working toward smaller short-term goals.
    Also a metaphor for evolution, it would seem.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    45179
    14 Dec '07 16:21
    What is the Spirituality here?
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    14 Dec '07 16:24
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What is the Spirituality here?
    Probably something to do with how complex a human is compared to any machines we can build... and saying that GOD made us and he's FANTASTIC!@

    P-
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    14671
    14 Dec '07 16:271 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Probably something to do with how complex a human is compared to any machines we can build... and saying that GOD made us and he's FANTASTIC!@

    P-
    There are posters here who are clearly less complex than Robosapien.
  15. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    14 Dec '07 16:32
    Originally posted by dottewell
    There are posters here who are clearly less complex than Robosapien.
    Robosapien needs to be programed to drool, mouth-breath and remain cross-eyed while many humans do it naturally.

    P-
Back to Top