1. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 18:54
    Originally posted by josephw
    What is the most complicated machine man had ever made?
    Is it a nuclear power plant, or the space shuttle, or the computer?
    The Hadron Elektron Ring Anlage and similar particle accelerators are pretty complicated.
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 18:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Probably something to do with how complex a human is compared to any machines we can build... and saying that GOD made us and he's FANTASTIC!@

P-
    Can we accelerate particles and cause nuclear fission? Each thing has its own use. Ours is to reproduce. Our survival mechanisms are complicated, and that is all that we consider our psyche. However, we are not better than machines... they just are put to different uses. Animals will never be able to do the things machines can.
  3. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '08 18:59
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    Yep--of the 3 choices, gotta go with the NPP
    Why does everyone say that? It's not a multiple-choice question. He's suggesting things, I believe. And even of the choices, look at how much more useful a computer is? It's more modern and much more focused on, and far more useful, and the way it works is much more complex than the one-use NPP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree