Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:042 edits
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:061 edit
    Originally posted by Spacemonkey7
    A cult is no more or less valid then any other religion in terms of doctrine or right to truth. In essence a cult is simply a religion with fewer numbers and therefore less social exposure than a mainstream religion.

This means it' ...[text shortened]... it does to your social life, is judged on a case by case basis.
    Spacemonkey: "right to truth"

Suppose I apply this notion to the scientific world, in a scientific debate, in a scientific context. What would it mean and what consequenses would it have for science ?
  3. Moving on...
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:07
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    thats the most intelligent thing you've ever wrote on this site...keep up the good work!
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:26
    Christian don't need to hope, they know where they are goinging, that is what Christianity is all about the saving power of Jesus.

The truth hurts doesn't it, but Jesus says the truth will set you free, and he is the truth so he will set you free.
    I have to show you this again?

1 John 3:18
    Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

No.1 Lawyer has some reading for you also, as well as me remembering Nemesio telling you there is more than being Christian than just saying your prais.

I'd like you to also read Corinthians 12. Here is one of the many lines that are good:

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

What I believe this is all saying is we live by Christ's words if we do right by Christ. You are trying to butcher God's children into separate sects, and say you are saved while others will burn.

Jesus wouldn't like that: (More from Corinthians 12)

4 ¶ Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

5. Oz
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Spacemonkey: "right to truth"

Suppose I apply this notion to the scientific world, in a scientific debate, in a scientific context. What would it mean and what consequenses would it have for science ?
    Sure it means the proof is in the pudding, to modify an old quote 'science determines how the heavens go, not how to get to heaven'. Science is concerned with the tangible physical world, the metaphysical place religion refers to is heresay, and it's one's religions word against the other.

Christians- orthodox, protestants, catholics, sects,
    Muslims- moderate, militant, sufists, Jews- conservative, progessive, Buddhists- Zen, Mahayana, others, Daoists, Jainists,
    Hindus- with as many sects as Christians,
    Wiccans, Satanists, Polytheists, Pagans, Druidism, Scientologists, those guys in Japan who eat nothing but prawns and watermelons and drink their leaders bath water,
    muffies, dream time, guru cults and not to mention all the other things floating around like the Bahai.

This is the fruit salad that is 'right to truth' in religion, a battle fought on hypotheticals and bits of paper, and no group has in essence more legitimacy or right to supremacy (their respective members will say differently of course). Science is simply concerned with determinable evidence, and is dynamic because of it, new evidence must be taken into acount when constructing a theory. As a general rule religion has no evidence, so no new evidence can come and change existing doctrine, so it is undynamic. Just in case you were going to site religions unchanging nature as a rockbed of truth.
  6. Not Kansas
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:29
    What is a cult? or should I saw this is what a ciult is.

A cult is any group which teaches doctrines or beliefs that deviate from the biblical message of the Christian faith. It is very important that we recognize cults and avoid any involvement with them. Cults often teach some Christian truth mixed with error, which may be difficult to detect. There are ...[text shortened]... Witnesses, Mormons, the Unification Church, Unitarians, Spiritists, Scientologists, and others.
    Cripes, even his cut'n'paste has a typo
  7. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:40
    What sort of read to you get on this fellow? http://www.restoremagazine.org/volume%2014/53_36.htm
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:41
    Originally posted by Spacemonkey7
    Sure it means the proof is in the pudding, to modify an old quote 'science determines how the heavens go, not how to get to heaven'. Science is concerned with the tangible physical world, the metaphysical place religion refers to is heresay, and it's one's religions word against the other.

Christians- orthodox, protestants, catholics, sects,
    Mu ...[text shortened]... ndynamic. Just in case you were going to site religions unchanging nature as a rockbed of truth.
    I love Schopenhauer's essay "On Religion." It has all sorts of valuable thoughts about the very things combat in this forum. Here's a quote I found most appropriate for this thread:

"How completely an ordinary mind is paralyzed by that early preparation in metaphysics is seen in the most vivid way and on its most ridiculous side, where such a one undertakes to criticise the doctrines of an alien creed. The efforts of the ordinary man are generally found to be directed to a careful exhibition of the incongruity of its dogmas with those of his own belief: he is at great pains to show that not only do they not say, but certainly do not mean, the same thing; and with that he thinks, in his simplicity, that he has demonstrated the falsehood of the alien creed. He really never dreams of putting the question which of the two may be right; his own articles of belief he looks upon as à priori true and certain principles."

9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 00:43
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I have to show you this again?

1 John 3:18
    Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

No.1 Lawyer has some reading for you also, as well as me remembering Nemesio telling you there is more than being Christian than just saying your prais.

I'd like you to also read Corinthians 12. Here is one of the many lines that are good:
    ...[text shortened]... y the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

no no no no
    they use Paul's writiing's to give them the spin they want to Christ's words.

expect a flood of Paul quotes.
    and you will be told you are going to hell, like everybody else that don't make that silly speech of theirs has been.
  10. Not Kansas
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 01:05
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    What sort of read to you get on this fellow? http://www.restoremagazine.org/volume%2014/53_36.htm
    Don't worry, be happy ...
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 02:02
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Cripes, even his cut'n'paste has a typo
    Smart one I had added it to it.

And so what if it is a cut and paste it is the truth.

(should I saw this is what a ciult is) THIS IS WHAT I ADDED I WAS JUST TYPING TO FAST BECAUSE I WAS EXCITED FOR THE LORDS TRUTH.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 02:03
    For dinner I am having a lamb loin roast 😛
  13. Not Kansas
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 02:06

(should I saw this is what a ciult is) THIS IS WHAT I ADDED I WAS JUST TYPING TO FAST BECAUSE I WAS EXCITED FOR THE LORDS TRUTH.
    Sorry, make that *two* typos ...
    You shouldn't present other people's work without crediting the source, nor alter the source work without indicating that it is altered.
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 02:14

Excited about the Lord's truth... glad you read and enjoyed my post.

ES
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Jun '05 03:08
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    Sorry, make that *two* typos ...
    You shouldn't present other people's work without crediting the source, nor alter the source work without indicating that it is altered.
    I could careless, I have the truth and Christ has set me free of my paranioa and addictions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree