1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    05 Aug '15 22:23
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't have your lollipop, and i would much rather discuss creation science and the stupidity of the theory of evilution.
    The problem, aptly pointed out in the reference to the lollipop, is that you have zero interest in discussing anything. You post nauseating videos and you offer the same inane declarations over and over (most refuted at talkorigins.org).

Arguing with you is never a discussion, never a true argument, but rather a quarrel. It's like two kids on the playground: "it's mine," "no, it's mine," you're wrong, it's mine, I saw it first," "you're stupid," "you're ignorant," "give me back my lollipop".

If you want to discuss, or argue, present some evidence. Discuss that evidence rationally.

I've offered for your consideration my assessment of the problem: your reading of Genesis is rooted in a kind of literalism that no one anywhere in the world used to approach literary texts prior to about 200 years ago.

If you disagree, fine. Assert that you're right and I'm wrong, and give me back my lollipop.

If you want to make the case that I'm wrong, put forth a cogent argument for employing modern literalism in the understanding of ancient texts. Demonstrate why the conventions of Hebrew poetry are in fact literal assertions of fact.

I've been gone from this site for several years. Coming back now for a visit, I find that the only thing that has changed in your presentations stems from Russ's technical improvements to the site: you are able to post direct links to YouTube.

You have not grown in my absence (Rev 3).
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 09:00
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    The problem, aptly pointed out in the reference to the lollipop, is that you have zero interest in discussing anything. You post nauseating videos and you offer the same inane declarations over and over (most refuted at talkorigins.org).

Arguing with you is never a discussion, never a true argument, but rather a quarrel. It's like two kids on the playgro ...[text shortened]... site: you are able to post direct links to YouTube.

You have not grown in my absence (Rev 3).
    I have never encountered you in the past, so you must be hallucinating.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 10:30
    Either that or you have the memory of a goldfish.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 11:47
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Either that or you have the memory of a goldfish.
    Hey, don't insult Goldfish.
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 12:45
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=146791&page=2#post_2862724
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 19:20
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=146791&page=2#post_2862724
    So the following was posted on 29 May 2012:

Originally posted by RJHinds to sonhouse
    Darwin's "Origin of Species" is a good book. The only real mistake he made was at the end when he started to speculate on a common ancestor rather than let scientific findings speak for themselves. Now however, all new scientific discoveries are view from that false worldview and it has resulted in many stupid scientists.

Nobel laureate James Watson stated, “In contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid”
    (The Double Helix, p. 14).

Originally posted by Wulebgr to RJHinds
    Wow! Now, I am beginning to remember why I regained portions of my sanity when I left this site for several years. The forums are toxic with fundamental factual and reasoning errors so profound that FAUX SPEWS seems almost rational in comparison.

Darwin made several errors. You failed to identify any in this post. From one false conclusion you derive another that is not even logically connected. Then, you cap it with an appalling non-sequitur divorced from its original context.

Originally posted by RJHinds to Wulebgr
    Intelligent Design,DNA and NeoDarwinism

YouTube

Originally posted by Wulebgr to RJHinds
    I expect to die sometime in the next few decades, which does not leave me enough time for YouTube videos that spew nonsense. Summarize the "argument" in 1000 or so words and I can read it in a few seconds.

Originally posted by RJHinds to Wulebgr
    Sorry, I can't do it. Just die ignorant.

No wonder you did not annoy me enough with your ignorance for me to remember you.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 20:54
    [b]So the following was posted on 29 May 2012:

Originally posted by RJHinds to sonhouse
    Darwin's "Origin of Species" is a good book. The only real mistake he made was at the end when he started to speculate on a common ancestor rather than let scientific findings speak for themselves. Now however, all new scientific discoveries are view from ...[text shortened]... nt.

No wonder you did not annoy me enough with your ignorance for me to remember you. [/b]
    I'm sitting on my hands.. I am sitting on my hands. I keep saying that.....
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '15 22:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I'm sitting on my hands.. I am sitting on my hands. I keep saying that.....
    Oh, I remember you alright. 😏
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 14:25
    Oh, I remember you alright. 😏
    We know our enemies much better than our friends. Just in case you were wondering, you are not a friend.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 01:22
    We know our enemies much better than our friends. Just in case you were wondering, you are not a friend.
    We may not be friends now, but we don't have to agree on everything to become friends; and certainly you cannot consider me a real enemy for what I say on these forums.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 10:24
    We may not be friends now, but we don't have to agree on everything to become friends; and certainly you cannot consider me a real enemy for what I say on these forums.
    I say you are not my friend not for your belief in YEC but because you refuse to even consider the slightest crack in your logic, you are ALWAYS right on that subject and we are ALWAYS wrong.

That is not something that to me can ever lead to friendship.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Aug '15 23:13
    I say you are not my friend not for your belief in YEC but because you refuse to even consider the slightest crack in your logic, you are ALWAYS right on that subject and we are ALWAYS wrong.

That is not something that to me can ever lead to friendship.
    I am not ALWAYS right, but just MOSTLY right because I am ...

The Near Genius 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree