What is Creation Science?

What is Creation Science?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Aug 15

Originally posted by CalJust
RJH, here's a challenge, one meant seriously and in good faith.

Pick any ONE subject from any ONE of your myriad videos and let's seriously discuss it.

In my experience, when I challenge any issue in your videos, like the one in your "Evidence if a young earth" and "Noahs ark" threads, you just ignore it or answer by posting ANOTHER, usually totally i ...[text shortened]... ge that there is merit in your case and say I am wrong.

How about it? It's August, after all!
What don't you understand about the videos?

Hyperbole Happy

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by whodey
Science is merely the study of the material universe.

Creation is what lies beyond the known material universe and what set it in motion........
I like,"Science is merely the study of the material universe". "Creation is what lies beyond the known material universe and what set it in motion" works also but I'd change known to knowable. So how to combine the two?

Merely study the material universe and Creation knows what lies beyond? This works well for Creationism and/or science, I think, but where does that leave Creation Science in your opinion?

Also, I'm still waiting to hear a Creationist view of the Creationism represented on this website please: http://www.oldearth.org/

It seems hard to justify,"Theory in crisis" when most evangelical colleges teach evolution. The oldearth.org site claims Creation Science is harming Creationism. Is it harming Creationism? Is it turning it's mislead youth away, when they go off to college and find out the truth about a theory in not so much of a crisis, but more like just annoyed?

To be fair, oldearth.org doesn't blame Creation Science but young earth creation. I think they missed this point. Young earth creation is not the problem. The beliefs they hold, they can hold. Just don't go around redefining things like science and then saying, "Science", when others hearing think you mean the other science. The one with all the scientists.

Is perhaps Creationism a religion in crisis?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Aug 15

Originally posted by JerryH
I like,"Science is merely the study of the material universe". "Creation is what lies beyond the known material universe and what set it in motion" works also but I'd change known to knowable. So how to combine the two?

Merely study the material universe and Creation knows what lies beyond? This works well for Creationism and/or science, I think, but where ...[text shortened]... other science. The one with all the scientists.

Is perhaps Creationism a religion in crisis?
The old earth creationists mean well by trying to compromise the word of God. However, they don't realize that that leads many astray from the truth of scripture. We YECs refuse to compromise the truth of the Holy Spirit inspired scriptures on this important issue. ๐Ÿ˜

HalleluYaH !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
The old earth creationists mean well by trying to compromise the word of God.
How is competent reading a compromise?

I think, rather, that creationists have compromised any truth offered by Scripture by layering cultural assumptions less than 200 years old over the top of the text. These cultural assumptions say a lot about a peculiar subculture of quasi-believers, but they do not reflect any of the worlds of the ancient Jews nor the early Christians.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by Wulebgr
How is competent reading a compromise?

I think, rather, that creationists have compromised any truth offered by Scripture by layering cultural assumptions less than 200 years old over the top of the text. These cultural assumptions say a lot about a peculiar subculture of quasi-believers, but they do not reflect any of the worlds of the ancient Jews nor the early Christians.
You have the free will to have a different opinion from the truth. ๐Ÿ˜

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Aug 15

You have the free will to have a different opinion from the truth. ๐Ÿ˜
Which you of course have first hand experience of.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Which you of course have first hand experience of.
You said it. Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Aug 15

You said it. Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜
That's, first hand experience of having a different opinion 'from' the truth.

Thanking me just makes my sarcasm fossilized and prehistoric.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
That's, first hand experience of having a different opinion 'from' the truth.

Thanking me just makes my sarcasm fossilized and prehistoric.
Hey, grammar alert, you are not supposed to end a sentence with a proposition๐Ÿ™‚

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
Hey, grammar alert, you are not supposed to end a sentence with a proposition๐Ÿ™‚
Hey, leave my grandma out of this.

๐Ÿ˜‰

W
Angler

River City

Moves
05 Aug 15

You have the free will to have a different opinion from the truth.
So do you. Now, give me back my lollipop.

If you would like to discuss the merits of anachronistic literalism vs. reading ancient texts in the light of ancient history, we can have a rational discussion.

Otherwise. Give me back my lollipop.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
05 Aug 15

So do you. Now, give me back my lollipop.

If you would like to discuss the merits of anachronistic literalism vs. reading ancient texts in the light of ancient history, we can have a rational discussion.

Otherwise. Give me back my lollipop.
I don't have your lollipop, and i would much rather discuss creation science and the stupidity of the theory of evilution.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 15

I don't have your lollipop, and i would much rather discuss creation science and the stupidity of the theory of evilution.
No, you do not DISCUSS creation science, you PREACH creation 'science'. Big difference. Your style is one way monologue.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
05 Aug 15

Originally posted by JerryH
Creationism is the doctrine in which the pronouncements of the Holy Bible are sacred beliefs held without question.
Is it possible to believe in creation, but not believe the Bible?

It is possible to believe the Bible wholly, but not fall into the literalism that enables young earth Creationism. Indeed, there are many Christians who find no conflict between their religious faith and science.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
05 Aug 15

Is it possible to believe in creation, but not believe the Bible?

It is possible to believe the Bible wholly, but not fall into the literalism that enables young earth Creationism. Indeed, there are many Christians who find no conflict between their religious faith and science.
Sure, I believe in creation all right, the whole universe was created, how I don't know but it seems to have happened about 14 billion years ago.

My guess is this universe is the result of the equivalent of a high school physics experiment and when this universe winds down, the student will be graded on its creation. Kind of like the student blows up this bubble from a tiny blob and being a multi-dimensional student, it can 'blow' into the tiny blob and that is our universe about to be made which we see as the big bang.

It might even end in the big BAM when the instructor says, NO GOOD KID, try again and hits the bubble with a BIG hammer.