what is Holy Ghost?

what is Holy Ghost?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @jacob-verville
Yeah like I cna see going...

"... So what's the deal with the four tassels on the cloak that we wear..?"

But this is an exercise along the lines of wondering if there is a deeper significance or something, or contemplating the mystery of the order...

I never, say, accuse God of having a bad plan.

Would you agree?
Possibly, if I had even the foggiest idea of what you are talking about.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Feb 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]Oh no we are not talking about a lifeless energy are we? We are talking about God's energy and one that he directs and uses to do his will.
So comparing it to a random bolt of lightning is not even close.

It is an energy so powerful that, by and large, Christians are no more moral than non-Christians.

Its evident that there is something really amiss with your conception of how things actually work.[/b]
OK. Whatever you believe.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Feb 18

For FMF: Again I just know this, and that's not just for the accuracy of the NWT but as a religion as a whole. So you ask how I know this? Right? Because by this and many other scriptures that speak of the "fruit" it would produce:
Jesus related to his apostles. He said: “I am the true vine, and my Father is the cultivator. Every branch in me not bearing fruit he takes away, and every one bearing fruit he cleans, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Remain in union with me, and I in union with you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can you, unless you remain in union with me. I am the vine, you are the branches. . . . My Father is glorified in this, that you keep bearing much fruit and prove yourselves my disciples. Just as the Father has loved me and I have loved you, remain in my love. If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love.”​—John 15:1-10.

So do you get the point from this scripture? This is the crux of why I know beyond a shadow of a doubt is that the JW's are inline (as well as our bible) with what Jehovah wants and what Jesus also commanded. "Bear much fruit" and to clarify "MUCH GOOD FRUIT".
Do you have any idea what this fruit is? If you ever learned this scripture and others like it, you would then understand.
Let me know what you think about this before you change the subject......

I'm still waiting for a comment on you from this. You asked me a question, I answered, now your silent on this. Am I just wasting my time on my answers to you?

F

Moves
09 Feb 18

Originally posted by @galveston75
For FMF: Again I just know this, and that's not just for the accuracy of the NWT but as a religion as a whole. So you ask how I know this? Right?
I am asking you, if, as you claim, no one has told you that the NWT is the best translation according to "God", and if you are not fluent in Biblical languages, then how do you "just know" that the translation team did the best job that anyone has ever done, according to you? How do you know?

F

Moves
09 Feb 18

I'm still waiting for a comment on you from this. You asked me a question, I answered, now your silent on this. Am I just wasting my time on my answers to you?
Just saying "I just know" is not an answer. You haven't answered my question. If "no one told [you] that "God thinks the NWT is the best translation of the Bible, how can you possibly know? Answer the question. "I just know" is a dodge.

Moves
09 Feb 18
1 edit

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Just saying "I just know" is not an answer. You haven't answered my question. If "no one told [you] that "God thinks the NWT is the best translation of the Bible, how can you possibly know? Answer the question. "I just know" is a dodge.
It absolutely is not a dodge. I've never taken for granted what I call to be the truth with this religion I'm a part of. Not by force or being tricked but by serious study and as the Bible says, "test the scriptures continually" by the Bible I trust, the NWT. I have done that all my life.
Yes no one is perfect in this religion, and they make mistakes just as ever other human on this planet does, including you. If you think because of who we claim to be, then we should be perfect or it doesn't cut it with you.
So if you can't conceive the possibility that I know by testing the scriptures on every belief we have, that is not my problem, it's your lack of faith in what the bible says or that it can be corrected from the other bibles..
I 100% believe in the Bible first, then I believe in my hearth that this is where God's direction is focused is with the JW's.

Now answer my question as this answer to you is all your going to get! Of course unless you can't answer it because of lack of knowledge on the Bible?

F

Moves
09 Feb 18

It absolutely is not a dodge.
Yes, it is a dodge. A textbook example of a dodge. If you cannot or will not substantiate your "No one did" and "I just know" in 'answer' to the very specific question ""Who told you that God thinks your organization's version is "the most accurate bible to date"?" then so be it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Feb 18

Yes, it is a dodge. A textbook example of a dodge. If you cannot or will not substantiate your "No one did" and "I just know" in 'answer' to the very specific question ""Who told you that God thinks your organization's version is "the most accurate bible to date"?" then so be it.
#2... It absolutely is not a dodge. I've never taken for granted what I call to be the truth with this religion I'm a part of. Not by force or being tricked but by serious study and as the Bible says, "test the scriptures continually" by the Bible I trust, the NWT. I have done that all my life.
Yes no one is perfect in this religion, and they make mistakes just as ever other human on this planet does, including you. If you think because of who we claim to be, then we should be perfect or it doesn't cut it with you.
So if you can't conceive the possibility that I know by testing the scriptures on every belief we have, that is not my problem, it's your lack of faith in what the bible says or that it can be corrected from the other bibles..
I 100% believe in the Bible first, then I believe in my hearth that this is where God's direction is focused is with the JW's.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Feb 18

My apologies to Cosmos for letting this thread be high jacked....

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Feb 18
1 edit

The Holy Spirit has life.
"For the law of the Spirit of life ..." (Rom. 8:2a)

In fact in Christ was life.
"In Him was life ..." (John 1:4a)

And the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of life (Rom. 8:2)
So the Spirit of Jehovah is as much a Person as Christ in whom was life.

He has life and gives life.
He is Jesus Christ Who has life and gives life.

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

F

Moves
09 Feb 18

#2... It absolutely is not a dodge. I've never taken for granted what I call to be the truth with this religion I'm a part of. Not by force or being tricked but by serious study and as the Bible says, "test the scriptures continually" by the Bible I trust, the NWT. I have done that all my life.
Yes no one is perfect in this religion, and they make ...[text shortened]... rst, then I believe in my hearth that this is where God's direction is focused is with the JW's.
If you decide you want to give an answer about who told you that your god figure thinks the version of the Bible that your non-stock, non-profit corporation commissioned and customized with the help of non-Biblical languages scholars, then I will be here waiting, as always.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Feb 18

If you decide you want to give an answer about who told you that your god figure thinks the version of the Bible that your non-stock, non-profit corporation commissioned and customized with the help of non-Biblical languages scholars, then I will be here waiting, as always.
I gave it too you twice. Sorry you can't understand it or is it you can't answer mine? I think that's the issue.

F

Moves
09 Feb 18

I gave it too you twice. Sorry you can't understand it or is it you can't answer mine? I think that's the issue.
So, who told you that 'God' thinks your organization's customized version of the Bible is "the most accurate bible to date? Just say who it was and that will lay the matter to rest. You have dodged it. "I just know" is a dodge. Did "God" tell you?

Moves
09 Feb 18

Why can’t you just answer his simple question?It’s a brilliant question which highlights your entrenchment in your cult and how you have been spoon fed all the stuff your church believes. If you are honest with yourself you will admit, at least silently.