1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 00:04
    Originally posted by stocken
    Zarathustra! Never type such an important name if you don't know how! 😠 I could agree on Zoroaster although that was the greek version of the name.
    I know everything you relayed in you post, I just made a typo, was tired....
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 06:55
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Love is the absolute virtue and benevolence of God's thinking and actions.
    love would be impossible.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 13:02
    There seems to be somewhat of a contradiction from the evolutionists perspective of love. On the one hand, love is the result of a evolutionary process to promote ones survival and quality of life. The theory revolves around the assumption that you have strength in numbers rather than fighting for survival on your own ect. This is true. However, why is it that when love turns inward and self serving that it fails? It seems the more one focuses on oneself, the less love one has to offer. Just look at the narcassistic relationships in Hollywood. If they last more than 5 years we are amazed. Conversely, the more one invests in others and is about self sacrifice rather than self preservation, the more love seems to abound.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 14:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    There seems to be somewhat of a contradiction from the evolutionists perspective of love. On the one hand, love is the result of a evolutionary process to promote ones survival and quality of life. The theory revolves around the assumption that you have strength in numbers rather than fighting for survival on your own ect. This is true. However, why is it ...[text shortened]... others and is about self sacrifice rather than self preservation, the more love seems to abound.
    ''Love'' is for everyone.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by OneFlewOvertheNest
    ''Love'' is for everyone.
    Love is a natural and innate thing to do. When we choose not to love problems arise. Problems arise in regards to those we choose not to love as well as for the person who chooses not to love. Psychological, emotional, and spiritual consequences occur on a personal level when we choose not to love. It is my definition of sin.
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 19:07
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Hence the poetic predilection for suicide. You are so right.
    I contend that it is reason rather than imagination that drives man insane -- just ask Nietzsche.
  7. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 19:321 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    just ask Nietzsche.
    Why? Nietzches breakdown was most likely not related to his work. Most educated people (I actually hate that phrase, but if it suites me) agree that it was probably a syphilitic infection or brain cancer of sorts, that brought on his insanity.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 20:46
    When we choose not to love problems arise.[/b]
    this also can happen when we choose to love.
  9. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 20:56
    Originally posted by Kaboooomba
    this [problems] also can happen when we choose to love.
    More often than not that is the case with romantic love.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '06 23:25
    More often than not that is the case with romantic love.
    well... why?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 00:56
    this also can happen when we choose to love.
    Yea, I guess we can see what happened to Christ.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 02:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yea, I guess we can see what happened to Christ.
    true... but imagine being there.
  13. Joined
    21 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 12:47
    hey dude i dont know really what love signify or what it purpose is .But i can tell you that it someting amazing that you feel it so pure and indulgant , but at the same time it can be very dangerious .Becuase people do strange things in the name of love .
  14. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 17:221 edit
    Why? Nietzches breakdown was most likely not related to his work. Most educated people (I actually hate that phrase, but if it suites me) agree that it was probably a syphilitic infection or brain cancer of sorts, that brought on his insanity.
    Yes, it would be awful to admit that it was his nihilism that drove him insane.
  15. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '06 17:25
    well... why?
    Exactly! That is the question.

Well done, Kaboooomba. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree