1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:32
    Is love an intrinsic property that goes hand in hand with procreation, that makes you stay with your partner?
    So on an evolutionary standpoint the offspring has more chance of survival with two parents foraging and protecting than one parent?
    Is the explaination for love this utilitarian, this evoultionary/biological and this simple?
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:38
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Is love an intrinsic property that goes hand in hand with procreation, that makes you stay with your partner?
    So on an evolutionary standpoint the offspring has more chance of survival with two parents foraging and protecting than one parent?
    Is the explaination for love this utilitarian, this evoultionary/biological and this simple?
    God is Love.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:41
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God is Love.
    Love is the entity that sends a worldwide flood to wipe out nearly all of creation?
  4. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:442 edits
    Please guys lets not get the 'Godhead' figure, involved in this whether for or against.

Academic theories only, be it psychological, anthropological, biological or otherwise.......... thankyou
  5. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:451 edit
    Please guys lets not get the 'Godhead' figure, involved in this whether for or against.

Academic theories only, be it psychological, anthropological, biological or otherwise.......... thankyou
    Take it to Debates. We've already been kicked out of there for talking about God. You can't come here to our Spirituality refuge and demand that we not bring God into a discussion here.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:48
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Take it to Debates. We've already been kicked out of there for talking about God. You can't come here to our Spirituality refuge and demand that we not bring God into a discussion here.
    yea but if you look at your and the prvious post it looked like turning into a 'for' and 'agaiNst' god match, which is not what this thread is about........

WHAT IS LOVE?
  7. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:51
    yea but if you look at your and the prvious post it looked like turning into a 'for' and 'agaiNst' god match, which is not what this thread is about........

WHAT IS LOVE?
    Love is respectfully accepting the responses that people offer to your questions, without demanding that they conform to arbitrary restrictions inconsistent with the rules of the forum where the discussion is taking place.
  8. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '06 21:52
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 03:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    God is Love.
    ...or Love is God.
  10. Mississauga, Ontario
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 05:40
    baby don't hurt me,

don't hurt me... no more...

*dances*
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 06:261 edit
    .... ... ....... ....... .. ....... ...... love ..... ..... .. .. .....?
    There are at least two threads I can remember where we've had this discussion. This forum is really starting to lose its' appeal. Why can't we keep the few threads that actually had readable content in them alive, instead of continuosly starting the same discussions over and over again?

Edit: I mean, just look at the judas threads. Yesterday a thread was started on the subject. And today another one on the same subject. Had the first one been so poorly named that we couldn't possibly figure out its content based on the title, I would have understood it, but... ???
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 07:152 edits
    LOVE:

A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
    A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

Sexual passion.
    Sexual intercourse.
    A love affair.
    An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
    A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
    An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.

A strong predilection or enthusiasm: a love of language.
    The object of such an enthusiasm: The outdoors is her greatest love.
    Love Mythology. Eros or Cupid.
    often Love Christianity. Charity.
    Sports. A zero score in tennis.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=love
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 08:29
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]LOVE:

A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
    A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

Sexual passion. ...[text shortened]...
    Sports. A zero score in tennis.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=love[/b]
    Love is so interesting that the more you go after it, faster it runs.🙂
  14. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 09:31
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Love is the entity that sends a worldwide flood to wipe out nearly all of creation?
    "I only hurt you out of love son."
    "This will hurt me more than it hurts you."
    "Soon I'll be able to fit my entire hand in there!"
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '06 10:23
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    "I only hurt you out of love son."
    "This will hurt me more than it hurts you."
    "Soon I'll be able to fit my entire hand in there!"
    Love is Justice

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree