1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 11:59
    When Jesus was alive people wanted to kill him, but now that he is dead every religion seems to want a piece of him and everyone seems to revere him. Everyone seems to agree that if there is a heaven, Jesus is there as are his followers. At the same time, his message seems to bring the same wrath of those that wanted Jesus dead when he was alive.

Crazy.

Who is like him?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 12:32
    Originally posted by @whodey
    When Jesus was alive people wanted to kill him, but now that he is dead every religion seems to want a piece of him and everyone seems to revere him. Everyone seems to agree that if there is a heaven, Jesus is there as are his followers. At the same time, his message seems to bring the same wrath of those that wanted Jesus dead when he was alive.

Crazy.

Who is like him?
    "Everyone seems to agree that if there is a heaven, Jesus is there as are his followers..."

I'll ask you to substantiate that.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 12:46
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    "Everyone seems to agree that if there is a heaven, Jesus is there as are his followers..."

I'll ask you to substantiate that.
    I can't think of a religion that disowns him or says that he was not inspired by God, can you?

That is, those who are familiar with him.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 12:51
    I can't think of a religion that disowns him or says that he was not inspired by God, can you?.
    Judaism. They think he was dangerous imposter.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 13:01
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Judaism. They think he was dangerous imposter.
    Curses!

Well, it beats taking a murder wrap I reckon.

Any others?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 13:04
    What is so special about Jesus?
    I would suggest that the most special thing about "Jesus" is the mythology that has been built up atound him by corporate Christianity in order to create a cult of personality.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 13:07
    Curses!

Well, it beats taking a murder wrap I reckon.

Any others?
    He was a Jew and a rabi and even the Jews thought he wasn't what people have claimed he was. The Jews still think he was an imposter 2,000 years later. It's not a detail that can be swatted away with a facetious remark.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 13:09

Crazy.

Who is like him?
    Considering that you persistently contribute to other people's threads with the bland frivolity of a teenager, it is surprising to see you here expecting intelligent responses.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 13:53
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Considering that you persistently contribute to other people's threads with the bland frivolity of a teenager, it is surprising to see you here expecting intelligent responses.
    You sound angry

You don't want to punch me do you?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 14:031 edit
    You sound angry

You don't want to punch me do you?
    If you're absolutely determined to poison the well when it comes to one of your non-fans, whodey, and try to attribute his 'not being impressed by you' to some grotty flaw in his character, please take a moment, have a think, and do it with a bit more humorous craft. You sound like you just couldn't think of a witty comeback but felt compelled to post as quickly as you could anyway. 😉
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 14:20
    If you're absolutely determined to poison the well when it comes to one of your non-fans, whodey, and try to attribute his 'not being impressed by you' to some grotty flaw in his character, please take a moment, have a think, and do it with a bit more humorous craft. You sound like you just couldn't think of a witty comeback but felt compelled to post as quickly as you could anyway. 😉
    Determined to poison the well?

Who is derailing who's thread again?

If you kids don't want to participate that is fine.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 14:261 edit

If you kids don't want to participate that is fine.
    Bit ironic, coming from you.

I have participated.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 14:29
    Determined to poison the well?

Why would divegeester want to punch you?

Do you even know what "poisoning the well" means?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 16:251 edit
    Why would divegeester want to punch you?

Do you even know what "poisoning the well" means?
    It was in reference to his thread, "Do you want to punch a Nazi".

Lots of anger that Dive
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 17:12
    It was in reference to his thread, "Do you want to punch a Nazi".

Lots of anger that Dive
    Huh? So because of a thread he started on another forum about pitched battles on the streets of a U.S. city, you actually think that divegeester might want to actually punch you because he's angry about what you have said on this thread? Why are you being so utterly poisonous?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree