What is the most important human capacity?

What is the most important human capacity?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Different people, different groups, different places, different times in history, different interpretations.
Same God. Unchanging. Immutable. Infallible.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Who are you thinking of?
Are you saying no one has ever been banned from this site?

ENGLAND

Moves
15 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @secondson
Are you saying no one has ever been banned from this site?
No I’m asking you who you were thinking of?

F

Moves
15 May 18
1 edit

Same God. Unchanging. Immutable. Infallible.
I don't think so. i don't see how you can claim sonship's torturer god, for example, is the same god as one that ISN'T torturing billions of non-Christians for eternity for thoughtcrimes. That's not a difference you can wish away with a little slew of slogans.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
15 May 18

I don't think so. i don't see how you can claim sonship's torturer god, for example, is the same god as one that ISN'T torturing billions of non-Christians for eternity for thoughtcrimes. That's not a difference you can wish away with a little slew of slogans.
What do you think? What do you think you know about God?

What you don't think don't matter.

F

Moves
15 May 18
1 edit

What do you think? What do you think you know about God?

What you don't think don't matter.
I am not talking about "God"; I am an atheist. I am talking about the various notions that different groups of people have of their personal god figures and the mundane ideologies attendant thereto.

ENGLAND

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
No I’m asking you who you were thinking of?
SecondSon?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

There’s only one God - and he doesn’t answer to humans or owe them anything. Read the closing chapters in the book of Job.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
There’s only one God - and he doesn’t answer to humans or owe them anything. Read the closing chapters in the book of Job.
Lord knows the spirit realm must conform to your opinion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 May 18

Originally posted by @apathist
Lord knows the spirit realm must conform to your opinion.
Not at all. The spirit realm is reflected in the Bible, which is the inerrant Word of God. My “opinion” is based on the inerrant Word of God.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 May 18

I am not talking about "God"; I am an atheist. I am talking about the various notions that different groups of people have of their personal god figures and the mundane ideologies attendant thereto.
If you are talking to me, then you are talking about the God of the Bible because that's who I am talking about.

I'm not talking about your particularly mundane ideological concept of a "god figure", nor am I talking about any other persons misconception about the God of the Bible.

The God of the Bible is immutable, and nothing you or anyone else can say will change that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 May 18

You seem to think that because you don’t believe in God, He doesn’t exist. His existence does not depend on you or anyone believing He exists. If the entire world was inhabited by atheists, God would still exist.

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
You seem to think that because you don’t believe in God, He doesn’t exist. His existence does not depend on you or anyone believing He exists. If the entire world was inhabited by atheists, God would still exist.
Conversely an Atheist could say:

You seem to think that because you believe in God, he exists. His existence or non-existence does not depend on you or anyone else's system of beliefs. Even if the entire world was inhabited by theocrats...Science would still prove that God does not exist.

Preach less.

F

Moves
16 May 18

If you are talking to me, then you are talking about the God of the Bible because that's who I am talking about.

I'm not talking about your particularly mundane ideological concept of a "god figure", nor am I talking about any other persons misconception about the God of the Bible.

The God of the Bible is immutable, and nothing you or anyone else can say will change that.
I am talking about an ideology you just so happen to have which is based on your notions of supernatural causality. It makes no difference to me whether these superstitions you have are 'changeable' or 'unchangeable'.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
16 May 18

Originally posted by @wolfe63
Conversely an Atheist could say:

You seem to think that because you believe in God, he exists. His existence or non-existence does not depend on you or anyone else's system of beliefs. Even if the entire world was inhabited by theocrats...Science would still prove that God does not exist.

Preach less.
You're half right and half wrong. God's existence isn't dependent on anyone's beliefs one way or the other.

Science cannot prove or disprove the existence of God.