1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 01:57
    Originally posted by @secondson
    The "ideas" i propagate are not my own. They are God's ideas.

That is the crux of the matter. For the sake of the argument let's pretend that "thus sayeth the LORD" is really real, that God has spoken.

If so, as this debate was about that at the start, (page 7-8) who in their right mind is going to tell God what He means by what He says?

The Bible, if the above is true, is not open to personal interpretation.
    From where you get the ideology you propagate is not especially important to me. I'm just interested in the claims you make about things. Whether you have internalized tenets of Hinduism or Islam or Judaism or Christianity, it is all much of a muchness to me. Message board. Topics. You post your ideas. There is or there isn't discussion. There is no god or gods posting their ideas here.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '18 02:25
    Originally posted by @apathist
    If neurons produce consciousness, and there are billions of brains like yours, and bug neurons outweigh human neurons, and plants outweigh bugs and they have no fancy brain shiit, and then the internet kicks in, wait I had a question here.
    Dang those cat videos, or maybe even the surfing dogs. I could watch that all day.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '18 02:29
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I am not talking about "God"; I am an atheist. I am talking about the various notions that different groups of people have of their personal god figures and the mundane ideologies attendant thereto.
    When did this happen?

It wasn't that long ago that you were adamant that you were NOT an atheist. Now you are?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 May '18 02:39
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Pretty sure he means God’s ideas as revealed in the Bible.
    How many interpretations are there now? Look, he didn't express an understanding, he expressed fact.. I called bull.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 May '18 03:01
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    When did this happen?

It wasn't that long ago that you were adamant that you were NOT an atheist. Now you are?
    You must have missed it when I explained it 2-3 times last year. One of those occasions was in a conversation involving you and Ghost of a Duke.
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    20 May '18 16:161 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Do you believe you are demonstrating religious tolerance by mocking Christians about worshipping God?
    It gets complicated. I'm aware of the damage that religion does. I'm aware of the good it does also. You're aware that logic reason facts science knowledge understanding

do not support faith, right? Faith is in a box and it should stay there. Just own it. Which means be quiet when people talk about logic reason facts science knowledge understanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree