1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 06:34
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Nothing has been observed accept your delusional thinking.
    oh right. how many heads does the creator have again? and who observed it creating anything?
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 06:39
    [b]The theory of evolution is not even an educated guess.......but a deception because simple honest observation denies evolution.

Actually the science is against evolution.

Observation 1. life comes from life...not chemicals.
    irrelevant. evolution makes no theories or predictions on how life came into being. it is the study of change over time.

Observation 2. there are no intermediate links showing the slow change of a species through evolution.........and whatever links have been given to us are but just similarities and not links at all.

false. there are plenty of intermediate links showing a slow change of a species through evolution. further, evolution, including the evolution of new species has been observed.

Observation 3. complex living systems do not evolve from non existent living systems spontaneously and without intelligent direction

false strawman argument. evolution theory makes no claims of complex living systems coming into existence spontaneously.

Observation 4. everything in this universe is showing us all that it has been designed by a designer..............and teaching that random chance accidents are the cause are absurd/dishonest/foolish.

false, this is not an observation. this is just an ignorant opinion.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 06:411 edit
    However if the Vedic society won the leadership of the present world - then they would stop many things that are now considered acceptable.

They would stop. [...]
    *introduce capital punishment and empty our jails.
    Apart from murder and rape - and presumably genital mutilation - what offences would be punishable by death in your hypothetical 'Vedic society'?
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 06:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK, so you have declared it to be "falsity". How would you stop "falsity", Dasa?
    Unfortunately we will all have to sit by and watch the Kali Yuga live out its years and also watch things only get worse.....it cannot be stopped because its too far into the Maya.

However those who are blessed to acknowledge the Vedic teachings can embrace them individually and benefit from that by raising their consciousness to love of God - because the Kali Yuga has over 400.000 years before it is finished and that is plenty of time for anyone to change their life and become devoted to God (it can happen in one life time actually) for the sincere and devoted soul.

After the Kali Yuga is finished the entire cosmos will be wound up and destroyed - and then a NEW creation will start all over again starting with a Vedic civilisation. - because when the creation is re-created it always starts with the Vedas being given to mankind.

Any souls that have not lived the spiritual life and returned to their home in Godhead - shall be impregnated back into this new creation when it starts - and once again begin living all over again - and they can have another opportunity to surrender to God and return home - or they can stay here for millions of births and deaths as they have done before.

For the soul is indestructible and eternal and the individual soul can never truly be happy unless he returns home back to Godhead - where birth, disease, old age and death do not exist.
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 06:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    Apart from murder and rape - and presumably genital mutilation - what offences would be punishable by death in your hypothetical 'Vedic society'?
    dasa yearns for the good old days of barbarism, religious intolerance and ignorance. ah, what fun days. he would've been right at home during the dark ages.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 06:56
    After the Kali Yuga is finished the entire cosmos will be wound up and destroyed - and then a NEW creation will start all over again starting with a Vedic civilisation. - because when the creation is re-created it always starts with the Vedas being given to mankind.
    I don't believe any of this.
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 07:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Its not a blanket reaction - and each crime is looked at for its severity and its motive.

In many cases if the person was remorseful and the crime not very severe - they could just do hard labour for a while so as to show they are returning something back to society.

You must understand that terminating a rebellious violent criminal is the highest compassion because they return in their next life without any bad karma.

Their giving their life removes their bad karma.

Not terminating these persons is the worst thing to do because when they return in their next life with very bad karma - it means it has to be played out on society and cause havoc and suffering for everyone.

I have said before when the person is terminated it is better for him - and society in the present and the future.

In Vedic society there was not very many terminations because everyone was peaceful and happy and knowledgeable............but if a band of thugs from an outside community came around and pillaged and plundered they would be dealt with.

I would say that in a Vedic community there would be zero persons who were violent criminals - and it would always be outside bands of wandering outlaws or something who came and performed their violent acts against the innocents.

No peaceful society wants to have jails full of violent criminals to take care of -........and they cannot let them go either so they can re-offend.

Vedic society knows full well, that the soul is eternal and there is no one actually being killed at all...........just removed for a while.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 07:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't believe any of this.
    Who actually cares what you believe..............because

You have no knowledge - so you cannot make an informed comment.

Thats always been your problem.

You don't know anything.

You have millions of ideas about secular knowledge ......but have no spiritual knowledge.

You have no spiritual knowledge because you have never embraced true spirituality from the Vedas....and when informed about the Vedas you simply and whimsically reject.

And you have a dishonest heart which makes it very difficult for you to understand anything at all.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 07:32
    This is what you and RJHinds believe in? This is your creation story?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 07:37
    Who actually cares what you believe..............because

You have no knowledge - so you cannot make an informed comment.

Thats always been your problem.

You don't know anything.

You have millions of ideas about secular knowledge ......but have no spiritual knowledge.

You have no spiritual knowledge because you have never embraced true spiritualit ...[text shortened]... you have a dishonest heart which makes it very difficult for you to understand anything at all.
    Just trying to insult me is not going to make me want to emulate you or adopt the belief system that has made you the way you are, Dasa.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 07:39
    Its not a blanket reaction - and each crime is looked at for its severity and its motive.

In many cases if the person was remorseful and the crime not very severe - they could just do hard labour for a while so as to show they are returning something back to society.

You must understand that terminating a rebellious violent criminal is the highest compassion because they return in their next life without any bad karma.
    I will ask again just once more. If you want to sidestep it again, that's fine by me. What offences would be punishable by death in your hypothetical 'Vedic society' apart from murder, presumably genital mutilation, and being "rebellious violent criminal"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 07:47
    Vedic society knows full well, that the soul is eternal and there is no one actually being killed at all...........just removed for a while.
    I think this gives us an interesting glimpse of your mindmap. Presumably you araae referring to reincarnation when you say "...there is no one actually being killed at all...........just removed for a while" when you talk about terminating or eradicating people.

So, I ask you, when you said this at the end of last year...

"There can be no peace in this world until false religion is eradicated and true religion established. The most vile excuse for a religion is Islam and it must be banned. ... The Governments of the world should be pre-emptive and abolish Islam from the face of the earth. To do this ..........force must be used and termination of all Muslims would be the rule. Muslims converting to other religions at the eleventh hour would not be accepted. Muslim children however would be sparred because you can teach them truth and how to be civilized. ... [Women] would be allowed to prove themselves. ... Genocide is only applicable when the persons are innocent. Islam is not innocent and is not worthy to exist among civilized people."

...were you thinking it was OK because "there is no one actually being killed at all...........just removed for a while"?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 09:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Just trying to insult me is not going to make me want to emulate you or adopt the belief system that has made you the way you are, Dasa.
    Did you ever think that Dasa may not trying to insult you? Perhaps,
    he is just telling you the truth as he sees it.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 09:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Did you ever think that Dasa may not trying to insult you? Perhaps,
    he is just telling you the truth as he sees it.
    He keeps calling me "dishonest" for disagreeing with him. It's just not going to work with me and doesn't seem to work with anyone else. In conjunction with all the other insults he fires off at seemingly everybody - it certainly isn't going to turn his subjective "truths" into a way of thinking that commands respect let alone amount to something that is genuinely thought provoking.
  15. Joined
    12 Oct '09
    Moves
    25 Jan '12 10:21
    In Vedic times no one taught evolution.

If some madman began to teach that we all came from apes he would be considered sick and taken to a mental hospital for rest.

Evolution was not a problem in Vedic times because people knew truth - lived truth and rejected falsity.

In this modern world where science is trying to become the God to the people - they ...[text shortened]... d tear him down and send him on his way to the fringe to live with the monkeys. (his brothers)
    The story changes again. You said in a previous tread that children would throw tomatoes at them

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree