1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 11:10
    Originally posted by humy
    A person who believes in Atheism is obviously going to see things from an opposite viewpoint from someone like me, who believes in Christianity.

-and the more rational theists. “somebody” “who believes in Christianity” would not necessarily be as stupid as you. Remember that may theists, many of who are CHRISTIAN, are not so stupid a ...[text shortened]... find your fanatical insane religious rantings just as moronic, offensive and extremist as I do.
    I am not aware of any proven scientific facts I have dismissed. I have only dismissed evolution which is not a scientific fact unless you use the same definition as "adaptation" which is a scientific fact.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 11:15
    Originally posted by humy
    why not the big ones as well?
    not enough room? ( and yet we have elephants and giraffes -many extinct dinosaurs were much smaller than them )
    too ugly? ( and yet we have hippopotamuses and pigs )
    or just too scary? ( and yet we have tarantulas, snakes and tigers -many extinct dinosaurs were harmless herbivores )
    or what?
    Perhaps there were a couple big ones too. The Holy Bible does not give a detailed list of all the animals that came onto the boat. You will just have to imagine how that will work best for your understanding. We just know it happened. HalleluYah !!!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 13:02
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Perhaps there were a couple big ones too. The Holy Bible does not give a detailed list of all the animals that came onto the boat. You will just have to imagine how that will work best for your understanding. We just know it happened. HalleluYah !!!
    So how did Noah collect all those tens of thousands of species of baby dinosaurs. Sounds like a daunting task, I mean, sneaking into a Rex nest sounds a bit dangerous. Did he have a way to put them to sleep? Maybe he just killed mom and pop. Did he just take the eggs and had them incubate onboard? If so, he would have had to have a special section just for incubating eggs.

But why are there no dinosaurs now? Surely SOME of them would have survived a journey in time only a few thousand years.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 13:09
    I am not aware of any proven scientific facts I have dismissed. ...
    That is because you are not aware of any proven scientific facts.

Your spectacular levels of ignorance are... well spectacular.

Evolution is a proven scientific fact.

The entire scientific community says so, and they have the evidence to prove it.
    Which is why they say so.

You don't believe in the scientific method or in the evidence it has uncovered.

So you refuse to accept scientific facts as such and then claim that there are no scientific facts.

You don't get to decree what science has or has not found.

Science does.

You can believe what scientists say or not.

But what you are trying to do is tell scientists what they have or have not found, and to tell them
    what they do or do not think or believe.

This is a straw man attack.

And it is cowardice on your part.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 14:43
    Originally posted by googlefudge

The entire scientific community says so, and they have the evidence to prove it.

You don't believe in the scientific method or in the evidence it ha ...[text shortened]... do not think or believe.

His problem is he does not know the same scientific method is used for medicine, which he doesn't put down, or mathematics, or aerodynamics, or nuclear science. That same method of science is used in evolution but he doesn't know enough about the scientific method to understand that. Therefore, people who study evolution are all in a big conspiracy.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 16:20
    Originally posted by googlefudge

You don't believe in the scientific method or in the evidence it ha ...[text shortened]... do not think or believe.

I have yet to see any proof that the scientific method has been used to prove evolution is a fact, unless you are referring to adaptation, which I do not include as evolution as many of you Atheists do.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    His problem is he does not know the same scientific method is used for medicine, which he doesn't put down, or mathematics, or aerodynamics, or nuclear science. That same method of science is used in evolution but he doesn't know enough about the scientific method to understand that. Therefore, people who study evolution are all in a big conspiracy.
    You don't konw what I know, old man.

P.S. I will respect your opinion on those things you know something about and it is not what I know, evolution, and the Holy Bible.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 17:05
    I have yet to see any proof that the scientific method has been used to prove evolution is a fact, unless you are referring to adaptation, which I do not include as evolution as many of you Atheists do.
    Read a biography of Darwin and for example an account of the exhaustive studies of molluscs which he carried out over something like a ten year period, driving his family frantic because of the pervading smell throughout his house as a result. There you will note a highly systematic and methodical scientific research programme.

Notice also the systematic comparison of species, to identify common structures and determine how they relate to each other. For example, notice how the bone structure of the human hand is replicated in so many very different species, sometimes as a foot, sometimes a wing, sometimes a fin. National Geographic published a really interesting collection of illustrations this month for exactly that. The point to focus on is the way the same structure has been retained in different species for different purposes. It is both adaptation as you say and also evolution, since there is a clear path of ancestry from each species to a common ancestor (not always directly to each other note). That is to say, one form evolves over time through its descendents into another form. That is what evolution is.

One could persist with other examples of the scientific method. Lyells Geology and the mapping of species to specific layers of sedimentary rock is a good example, helping to clairfy the time sequence by which species are to be ordered in the evolutionary tree.

Lots of examples of the scientific method. Lots and lots and lots and lots of examples.

So go away you silly man and do something more useful with your time.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 19:371 edit

P.S. I will respect your opinion on those things you know something about and it is not what I know, evolution, and the Holy Bible.
    What you don't seem to understand is the scientific method is universal, it is used by many sciences to maximize the scientific return. We use something at our company called DOE, ever hear of it? No, it's not the Department of Energy.

The thing you continually mis-understand deliberately, is evolution workers use the exact same method as most other sciences, that is the point I have been trying to drive into your thick head.

The scientific method works. It doesn't matter if it is in the field of child psychology or astrophysics or mathematics. You refuse to understand the implications of that statement.

You see a phenomena, you observe it, record it, think about it. Make hypotheses,

make predictions, test the predictions with experiments. If they turn out to agree with observations, then you make further predictions, try to falsify the hypotheses and so forth.

This is done in medicine, math, history, aerodynamics, physics, chemistry, etc., all of which you have no problem with.

But the same scientific method is used in evolution work, leading to results undisputed by scientists for 150 years, the only changes are in the details.
    The main story has not changed.

So you are really attacking the scientific method with your objections.

You can't simultaneously say medical research is fine, it works, produces results, but at the same time deny any validity to evolution because they use the exact same underlying methodology.

You cannot with your cognitive dissonance understand the implications of what I am saying. It goes beyond your mental ability to figure that out.

That is obviously never going to change, you will die with that fundamental deliberate misunderstanding of science. You either have to dis all science research or accept what science says about evolution.

You can't have it both ways.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 20:102 edits
    Perhaps there were a couple big ones too.

you obviously know nothing about dinosaurs: there were thousands of different species so you would need a lot more than just “a couple big ones” 😛
    Unless you were talking about breasts -“a couple big ones” would be just fine.
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 20:162 edits

I think he has a clue. The words “a load of crap” just might come to his mind when trying to describe what he thinks you “know” -a bit like your spelling of the word "konw" above.
  12. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 20:273 edits
    I am not aware of any proven scientific facts I have dismissed. I have only dismissed evolution which is not a scientific fact unless you use the same definition as "adaptation" which is a scientific fact.
    I am not aware of any proven scientific facts I have dismissed.

Thank you for this excellent conformation that many Christians are not nearly as stupid as you are.
    This confirms what I just said.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 21:49
    your knowledge is a faulty copy of the real story.

what really happened is that the god ea wanted mankind to survive the coming flood so he approached utnapishtim and instructed him to build an ark on which to bring the seed of all living creatures. he was then taken to the mouth of the rivers and granted immortality.

then the savage hebrews came along and blundered their way into this wonderful story and retold it from their primitive point of view. this is what you believe. the wrong version of the story.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 21:59
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Read a biography of Darwin and for example an account of the exhaustive studies of molluscs which he carried out over something like a ten year period, driving his family frantic because of the pervading smell throughout his house as a result. There you will note a highly systematic and methodical scientific research programme.

Notice also the systemati ...[text shortened]... and lots of examples.

So go away you silly man and do something more useful with your time.
    I know what evolution is and it is not adaptation. An ape does not adapt enough to become a man. God has prevented it. It is in the Book! HalleluYah !!!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Apr '12 22:14
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What you don't seem to understand is the scientific method is universal, it is used by many sciences to maximize the scientific return. We use something at our company called DOE, ever hear of it? No, it's not the Department of Energy.

The thing you continually mis-understand deliberately, is evolution workers use the exact same method as most other sci ...[text shortened]... ence research or accept what science says about evolution.

You can't have it both ways.
    I have no problem with the scientific method when it is used correctly. It seems that most scientist use the scientific method correctly in most cases. However, when it comes to biology they do it fine as far as adaptation goes. But that is as far as it goes. Then they start imagining things, and assuming erroneous things in order to make their experiments seem reasonable to the ignorant. But I am not one of those ignorant people that they can fool so easily. That is because I believe in God's written word. Evolution from ape to man is prevented by God according to the Holy Bible. Man is not created the same as other creatures. Man is a unique creation of God and therefore can not have evolve from some other kind of creature. It's in the Book! HalleluYah !!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree