What is TRUTH in the Bible?

What is TRUTH in the Bible?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes your correct. I never use the NWT just so they can possibly learn what their bible's actually say. Yes some have been tweaked by trinitarians but most have the truth in them if one is really looking for it.
Its very close, which translation is it, the Bible in living English?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its not from the New World Translation at all, the Gman very rarely uses the New world
Translation for he is sensitive of your prejudices, I on the other hand, dont care, its
the most accurate English translation and of course if you knew anything about
translation, which you dont, that's why you make dufus statements like your latest one,
yo ...[text shortened]... at the productive land of his earth, and the
things I was fond of were with the sons of men.
Fantastic Robbie. How can a trinitarian not understand this description about Jesus and that he was created by his Father?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 12

Its very close, which translation is it, the Bible in living English?
I believe it is...I can't remember now but will look it up.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jan 12

The entire chapter Proverbs 8 is about WISDOM . Solomon has personified wisdom throughout the chapter ..

Pro 8:1-3 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths. She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

It can be applied to Christ but chances are that Solomon did not necessarily intend it to be so.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 12

its not from the New World Translation at all, the Gman very rarely uses the New world
Translation for he is sensitive of your prejudices, I on the other hand, dont care, its
the most accurate English translation and of course if you knew anything about
translation, which you dont, that's why you make dufus statements like your latest one,
yo ...[text shortened]... anslation, such beauty cannot be hidden! but like a
song or a butterfly it must be released!
I was wrong, it's a copy/paste from somewhere else. And here you are with the JW version right on cue.

My 'prejudice' as you call it is not towards different scripture versions, it's not even towards your pompous self-righteousness, it's towards the JW organisation, what it stands for and how it goes about it.

No persecution for you here I'm afriad.

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12

I believe it is...I can't remember now but will look it up.
I have a copy in my library i think we own the rights or something and used to use it
before the New world Translation, i even new some brothers who used to take the King
James version with them on the house to house work, because like you, they were
sensitive to prejudice against the New world Translation, now vindicated as the most
accurate English translation available on the planet!

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
I was wrong, it's a copy/paste from somewhere else. And here you are with the JW version right on cue.

My 'prejudice' as you call it is not towards different scripture versions, it's not even towards your pompous self-righteousness, it's towards the JW organisation, what it stands for and how it goes about it.

No persecution for you here I'm afriad.
what can i say, it did seem rather pompous, i admit it and i say sorry, but we still rock
and are pure awesomeness! You cant touch us man, your messin with Jehovah himself!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 12

what can i say, it did seem rather pompous, i admit it and i say sorry, but we still rock
and are pure awesomeness! You cant touch us man, your messin with Jehovah himself!
Don't sweat it, I can empathise; it must be hard to show a degree of humility when you think you are 100% right.

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12

Don't sweat it, I can empathise; it must be hard to show a degree of humility when you think you are 100% right.
nah, its not so hard, try it! Its the course of wisdom.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Jan 12
1 edit

It's funny how ones all thru history that do not understand the truth of God are always the first to speak up in distain. Is it jealosy or frustration that takes them over because they can't see or mad at God for not letting them see and they can't take it out on him?
But the simple truth us we want all to see and are so willing to help them as a servant. But it has to be in the heart and we can't make that happen.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jan 12

its actually Proverbs, the Gman made a small mistake in quoting the verse, which
prophetically speaks of Christ as being beside God as a master worker! Beautiful
verses to be honest. Chapter 8 of Proverbs i believe.
Thank you, robbie.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Jan 12
2 edits

You JW's think you are the bastions of Jehovah's truth, that you hold the only route to God and that the rest of Christendom (if that's what you are part of) are wrong, and big wrong. Your organisation has no "fringe", no middle ground of people just looking or just leaving but still seeking Him. You offer an ultimatum, join our organisation or perish.

Where is the humility of recognition of sin, or acknowledgement of error, or of simply knowing what we are in our humanity? Where is the open heartedness of a people willing to learn from God? Where is the mercy that triumphs over judgement?

No all I see and hear is: we know it all. It must be hard to be humble when you are that good.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Jan 12

It's funny how ones all thru history that do not understand the truth of God are always the first to speak up in distain. Is it jealosy or frustration that takes them over because they can't see or mad at God for not letting them see and they can't take it out on him?
But the simple truth us we want all to see and are so willing to help them as a servant. But it has to be in the heart and we can't make that happen.
But, like all organized religion, you bring your over-abundant baggage with you, and that gets in the way of heart-to-heart discussion.

rc

Moves
03 Jan 12

You JW's think you are the bastions of Jehovah's truth, that you hold the only route to God and that the rest of Christendom (if that's what you are part of) are wrong, and big wrong. Your organisation has no "fringe", no middle ground of people just looking or just leaving but still seeking Him. You offer an ultimatum, join our organisation or ...[text shortened]... l I see and hear is: we know it all. It must be hard to be humble when you are that good.
Where is the open heartedness of a people willing to learn from God?

we are the only organisation that started by asking ourselves what the Bible actually
teaches, while you people are bound by traditions of men handed down through
persons who were not inspired by God, we are not termed Calvinists after a certain
individual, are we, we have not adopted Neoplatonic teachings from the early church
fathers, have we? Indeed we are constantly revising our teaching, can you tell, a single
instance where Christendom have done the same? No i didn't think so.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jan 12

You JW's think you are the bastions of Jehovah's truth, that you hold the only route to God and that the rest of Christendom (if that's what you are part of) are wrong, and big wrong. Your organisation has no "fringe", no middle ground of people just looking or just leaving but still seeking Him. You offer an ultimatum, join our organisation or ...[text shortened]... l I see and hear is: we know it all. It must be hard to be humble when you are that good.
Well yes we do believe we are simply doing what God and his son Jesus has told us to do.
And yes we feel we are doing that and have been blessed with learning the deeper things of God and what he has written for us in the Bible.
But pride, I don't think so. I am a sinful human and fight with this sin that we all have and pray for the day that we can all be free of it and live the life that God intended for us all to have, if he finds me worthy enough.
The teaching work we do is hard and it's usually not liked but it's something we are willing to do and will do just as Jesus told us to do.
If there were a middle ground and Jehovah said "whatever" with our worship to him then yeah "whatever" would no doubt work.
But that's not the case and satan has done one heck of a job conviencing the majority of the world that "whatever" will do.
So the only reason we preach an "ultimatum" as you put it, is because that is the case.
The Bible clearly says he would HAVE A PEOPLE FOR HIS NAME, which is Jehovah, load and clear.
So yes I'm proud and feel very blessed to be a part of the religion that uses Jehovahs name, and it's one that anyone here could be a part of too.