1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 18:47
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What is your organisation currently doing with regard to the famine in East Africa?
    I know in each area of the world the WTS does what it can as well as the local brothers.
    I grew up on the Texas coast and I still remember all the congregations that were not in the affected areas would rent all the Uhaul trucks they could and would drive for hours to take releif supplies where ever needed. Even into Mexico. And it just wasn't to the JW's in those areas but who ever needed them. And it was the local brothers that would take time off work and use their own $$$$$ to pay for this.
    In fact until anything like Fema was somewhat organized which still has it's problems it was almost always the JW's that were showing up first in areas that were hit with disastors.
    Sooooo any more questions?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 19:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I know in each area of the world the WTS does what it can as well as the local brothers.
    I grew up on the Texas coast and I still remember all the congregations that were not in the affected areas would rent all the Uhaul trucks they could and would drive for hours to take releif supplies where ever needed. Even into Mexico. And it just wasn't to the J ...[text shortened]... at were showing up first in areas that were hit with disastors.
    That is good that your local brothers did these things. But do you know
    what the watchtower Society organization itself did to support the charity?
    Did they provide any of their funds that the would normally use for
    printing publications and such to help your efforts?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 20:192 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    'faith without works is dead', please explain this verse to us. Indeed, i have always
    found it quite interesting when watching nominal christians talk about this verse, it
    seems to irk them, perhapsd they know deep down that they should be out helping
    others apply Biblical knowledge in their lives and yet, they are saved, how cosy and
    comfor s curl, its enough to make you rip your
    garments in two and weep in sack cloth and ashes!
    What you do is NOT good works - how many times do I have to state my opinion on this. You are the double glazing salesmen of religion peddling a faulty product. You do not teach; you proselytize.

I'm not impressed by your vain-glorious attempts to set yourselves on your own pedestal of falsehood.
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    04 Jan '12 20:34
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I grew up on the Texas coast and I still remember all the congregations that were not in the affected areas would rent all the Uhaul trucks they could and would drive for hours to take releif supplies where ever needed. Even into Mexico. And it just wasn't to the J ...[text shortened]... at were showing up first in areas that were hit with disastors.
    Your answer doesn't answer my question.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '12 22:52
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Josephw wrote: [b]"His name is Jesus. Jesus of Nazareth. The Bible tells us quite a bit about Him."

No, it isn't. If his mother called him "Jesus", he wouldn't recognize his name. This has been discussed recently, and I thnk we all agree that Jesus is a name given to him way after his death.

Josephw wrote: "One very striking thing about Jesus ...[text shortened]... b]"Do you know as much about anyone else?"

This question is hereby obsolete.[/b]
    "If his mother called him "Jesus", he wouldn't recognize his name."

And if your mother called you, you wouldn't answer because you wouldn't recognise your name.

Anal!

Matthew 1:21 - And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS:

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree