What is TRUTH in the Bible?

What is TRUTH in the Bible?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jan 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Yep I've also seen exaclty what you say here in the Mormons I know, and in people from many other denominations including the salvation army and the Catholics.

In fact I too have helped people with problems.
These other religions only do a small part of what Jesus said to do...
One biggy is we will never kill another human on this planet. What would they do if "their country told them too"?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
04 Jan 12

Correction, I have no issues about not being a JW. I could join tomorrow, easy. But never will.

The issue I have is for all the poor souls trapped in there!
Such a dumb comment. No one is trapped in anyway shape or form. We are free of all the worlds issues and not tied down to any man made paganistic beliefs that tie all of you down.
And if one decides this is not for them, the front door to the Kingdom Halls is always unlocked for anyone who wants to leave.
You really speak out of another hole in your body instead of your mouth don't you? It's really not helping your cause at all buddy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes, these guys have so many issues, isn't it strange that we dont have any? did not
Jesus himself say if your eye is simple (focused), your whole body will be bright, but if
its distracted (so many issues) it will be detrimental to ones spirituality?
The reason you two have no issues is because both of you are ignorant
of the truth of Christ.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
But who else is doing what Jesus said to do? Are you? Are you only saying you do his will but are you actually doing it?
Are you follwing all the commands in Matt the 24th and 28th chapters? Are you NO part of this world and remaining neutral with it politics?
I get so sick of hearing you bleating on about your "good works" - what you believe about Jesus is gross error - propagating gross error and that your church is the only church is NOT good works Galveston. It's just JW promoting yourselves and your organisation. It's not impressive and hearing you going on and on about it just makes my toes curl. What you do is no better than what double glazing salesmen do - you sell the JW organisation. If you realised how smug and self-righteous you sound, you would cringe.

What I would "sell" (just for comparison) is Christ and him crucified, nothing more.

Besides, I love the way you guys always avoid Matthew 8 when telling everyone about your good works!! Anyone can go door to door (which isn't "teaching" as you call it by the way, it's proselytizing) but who preaches the true Gospel of Christ with power? Not the JW organisation that's for sure.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jan 12
1 edit

These other religions only do a small part of what Jesus said to do...
So do you. Matthew 8.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jan 12

Such a dumb comment. No one is trapped in anyway shape or form. We are free of all the worlds issues and not tied down to any man made paganistic beliefs that tie all of you down.
And if one decides this is not for them, the front door to the Kingdom Halls is always unlocked for anyone who wants to leave.
You really speak out of another hole in your body instead of your mouth don't you? It's really not helping your cause at all buddy.
Touchy.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jan 12

But who else is doing what Jesus said to do? Are you? Are you only saying you do his will but are you actually doing it?
Are you follwing all the commands in Matt the 24th and 28th chapters? Are you NO part of this world and remaining neutral with it politics?
The ultimatum from JWs is 'join our organisation or perish'.

Christ's ultimatum is 'join with him or perish'

There is a universe and an eternity of difference.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jan 12
1 edit

... anything up to a year or two .
There is absolutely no instances in the Bible where one or two years of Bible study was required before one could learn or accept the correct teachings which God wants us to have.

From John the Baptist, to Christ and the disciples right down through Paul and the last Apostles .. ALL, preached the essential teachings of the Bible is a matter of minutes. Even in the case of the Gentiles who had no scripture and whose heads were full of false doctrines and belief in idols etc, they were converted in a very short time. People in those days were baptised by the thousands and thousands.

The WT and JWs are very far from the teachings of the Apostles, and is clearly an apostate religion.

rc

Moves
04 Jan 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
There is absolutely no instances in the Bible where one or two years of Bible study was required before one could learn or accept the correct teachings which God wants us to have.

From John the Baptist, to Christ and the disciples right down through Paul and the last Apostles .. ALL, preached the essential teachings of the Bible is a matter of minutes. E ...[text shortened]... WT and JWs are very far from the teachings of the Apostles, and is clearly an apostate religion.
clearly you have never sat down with someone and tried to teach them deep Biblical
concepts, perhaps that's why your own faith is wishy washy, perhaps that's why
Christendom produces such watered down Christians, Indeed, i know its true having
been brought up as a nominal Christian for the first twenty three years of my life,
having attended Sunday school on a regular basis, that is why even now you have no
idea what Gods Kingdom is, the central teaching of Christianity, that's why you do not
have a public ministry after the manner of the apostles, that's why you post excerpts
from hate sites denouncing Jehovah's witnesses without actually having read the article
yourself, you simply dont know any better, because you have never applied Biblical
knowledge in your life. Your a talker of Christ, not a walker in the way of the truth.

rc

Moves
04 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The reason you two have no issues is because both of you are ignorant
of the truth of Christ.
No the reason we have no issues is that we are happy in doing the will of the
Father while you are simply content to talk about doing the will of the father.

rc

Moves
04 Jan 12
1 edit

I get so sick of hearing you bleating on about your "good works" - what you believe about Jesus is gross error - propagating gross error and that your church is the only church is NOT good works Galveston. It's just JW promoting yourselves and your organisation. It's not impressive and hearing you going on and on about it just makes my toes curl. What eaches the true Gospel of Christ with power? Not the JW organisation that's for sure.
'faith without works is dead', please explain this verse to us. Indeed, i have always
found it quite interesting when watching nominal christians talk about this verse, it
seems to irk them, perhapsd they know deep down that they should be out helping
others apply Biblical knowledge in their lives and yet, they are saved, how cosy and
comforting it musty be for them, 'I am saved', yet they are not willing to lift a finger
to help others gain salvation themselves, I know, never has a nominal Christian
offered to help me come to a knowledge of Biblical truth, which is strange since i am
surrounded by thousands of them! How can one explain such apathy, ill tell you,

faith its a personal thing, its private, (not to Jesus it wasn't)
i dont want to discuss Jesus on my door step, (said to me by a clergy man, kind of
strange since Christ discussed spiritual things everywhere))
we are already christians here (then why am i at your door with a Bible in hand?)

yeah, its not only enough to make your toes curl, its enough to make you rip your
garments in two and weep in sack cloth and ashes!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jan 12

clearly you have never sat down with someone and tried to teach them deep Biblical
concepts, perhaps that's why your own faith is wishy washy, perhaps that's why
Christendom produces such watered down Christians, Indeed, i know its true having
been brought up as a nominal Christian for the first twenty three years of my life,
having attended ...[text shortened]... l
knowledge in your life. Your a talker of Christ, not a walker in the way of the truth.
Are there any instances in the Bible where someone, prior to baptism, was taught 'deep Biblical concepts' of the type JWs are teaching.

If so please quote the Book, chapter and verse. Thanks.

rc

Moves
04 Jan 12
6 edits

Are there any instances in the Bible where someone, prior to baptism, was taught [b] 'deep Biblical concepts' of the type JWs are teaching.

If so please quote the Book, chapter and verse. Thanks.[/b]
Again clearly you have never sat down with someone and attempted to impart any
Biblical knowledge to them, that is clear from your lack of knowledge of teaching,
indeed, how does one teach others, if one does not spend time with them, please
explain?

(Acts 20:31-32) . . .“Therefore keep awake, and bear in mind that for three
years, night and day, I did not quit admonishing each one with tears.
And now I
commit you to God and to the word of his undeserved kindness, which [word] can
build you up and give you the inheritance among all the sanctified ones.

three years long enough for you? day and night long enough for you? How anyone
can read the gospel and not get the sense of it is quite beyond me, it really is. Hear
that? its the sounds of the waves, wishy washing up the sea shore, all castles made
of sand, will fall into the sea, eventually.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Jan 12
2 edits

Again clearly you have never sat down with someone and attempted to impart any
Biblical knowledge to them, that is clear from your lack of knowledge of teaching,
indeed, how does one teach others, if one does not spend time with them, please
explain?

(Acts 20:31-32) . . .“Therefore keep awake, and bear in mind that [b]for three
years, nigh ...[text shortened]... hy washing up the sea shore, all castles made
of sand, will fall into the sea, eventually.
[/b]
Three years is the time Paul spent with the churches in that area. Its not the time he spent converting a person. Sometimes Paul spent 3 months with a church, sometimes a year. Thats the time spent with that congregation.

SO you cannot answer the question. Thats fine, because there are no cases in the Bible which support your position of intensive teaching of between one and two years.

There are many cases however in which people were taught and converted in a matter of hours. Paul routinely spoke in synagogues and churches for a few hours and after than many were baptised.

In Acts 8, Phillip spent a few hours with an Ethiopian eunuch and then baptised him.

Then there is Peter and the Centurion in Acts 10, again brief discussions and then conversion.

In all cases they were taught the things concerning Christ, death and resurrection and the Kingdom to come. But JWs preach a different gospel and according to Paul ..

Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

rc

Moves
04 Jan 12
6 edits

Three years is the time Paul spent with the churches in that area. Its not the time he spent converting a person. Sometimes Paul spent 3 months with a church, sometimes a year. Thats the time spent with that congregation.

SO you cannot answer the question. Thats fine, because there are no cases in the Bible which support your position of intensive teachin ...[text shortened]... If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.[/i]
what a pile of nothingness you produce, the verse clearly states, and i repeat,

for three years, night and day, I did not quit admonishing each one with tears

that is spending time, with individuals cultivating in them, as the verse states, the
word of truth. Its not my fault you dont know the scriptures nor their import. Not
only have the scriptures refuted your assertions, but time and again you prove that
you have not the slightest idea what they really teach, man you need a Bible study
with Jehovah's witnesses if you ever hope to make any progress other than the pure
fundamentals.

(Hebrews 5:12-14) . . .For, indeed, although you ought to be teachers in view of the
time, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary
things of the sacred pronouncements of God; and you have become such as need
milk, not solid food.  For everyone that partakes of milk is unacquainted with the
word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to mature people,

to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both
right and wrong.