1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 03:14
    If you do believe in the God of the Bible, just wanting to hear your opinions, views, ideas, wants, approvals or disapprovals of God? If he isn't what you want in a God, how would you change him or ask of him to do differently?
    No arguing here, just your thoughts.....
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 05:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If you do believe in the God of the Bible, just wanting to hear your opinions, views, ideas, wants, approvals or disapprovals of God? If he isn't what you want in a God, how would you change him or ask of him to do differently?
    I'd like god to appear more accessible.
    I wish there was no suffering.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 05:57
    Historical efforts to change something about God often involve burnings at the stake.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 16:31
    Originally posted by JS357
    Historical efforts to change something about God often involve burnings at the stake.
    I suspect it did not work.

The Instructor
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 17:561 edit
    Are all of you happy with the way he has God performed over the centuries or has he not met up with any of your expectations?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 18:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'd like god to appear more accessible.
    I wish there was no suffering.
    No arguing now but I'm just asking you, how would you like him to be more accessible?
    Just a thought but how accessible is a president or King, etc of most countries? Not an easy thing to usually do. But can we not instantly pray and talk to God thru his son?

And yes we all want less suffering......
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 18:182 edits
    No arguing now but I'm just asking you, how would you like him to be more accessible?
    Just a thought but how accessible is a president or King, etc of most countries? Not an easy thing to usually do. But can we not instantly pray and talk to God thru his son?

I wouldn't argue with you over something like this Galveston; my issue is primarily with your organisation (and others), not you personally.

In regard to the accessibility of god I want to be careful and say that I'm not criticising god, but in these discussions I usually recall the scripture that says somewhere "come let us reason together".

I would want to ask god about the value and purpose of suffering (yes I know the bigger picture 'gospel' perspective) and also I would ask him to be more accessible to us weakling humans. We are a flawed species whatever you believe, but we desperately need to change and religious dogma with the denominational sectarianism is not helping.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 19:17
    I wouldn't argue with you over something like this Galveston; my issue is primarily with your organisation (and others), not you personally.

In regard to the accessibility of god I want to be careful and say that I'm not criticising god, but in these discussions I usually recall the scripture that says somewhere "come let us reason together".

I wou ...[text shortened]... perately need to change and religious dogma with the denominational sectarianism is not helping.
    That is good and we shouldn't take it personal but it can't help but to usually turn out that way. I would like to keep all of our discussions non personal with no insults. I have been guilty of that too.

So that being said is that some here do criticise God, his son and even anyone who might profess to be under his favor. That is wrong as none of us have ever heard God say out load for all to hear who he does listen to and who he does answer and who he does or doesn't work his will thru.
    But the Bible gives very clear clues to this issue.

All he has given us is the Bible to read and pray to him to help us understand his ways and will. And even some here say the Bible is nothing and something we should not put our faith and hope in. Very sad indeed.

So in God's eyes the Bible is more then suffecient for all our needs and he has told us how to talk to him which is in prayer.

So as the example of trying to contact ones leader of the country they are in, which may actually be impossible, God is very easy to approach.

And the issue of us all suffering for many centuries now and wondering why he lets it go on, there is a very "fair and legal and a once to be settled" reason why he has had to allow this to happen for a period of time, his time.
    If you are interested let me know.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 04:10
    Are all of you happy with the way he has God performed over the centuries or has he not met up with any of your expectations?
    We were provided with the Holy Spirit, so what more could we expect?

The Instructor
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 04:51
    I think He is perfect as is. The times I don't like normally are those
    that I want my way over reality, or the will of others, but during those
    times if I trust God it always works out.
    Kelly
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 08:20
    ... If you are interested let me know.
    Sorry...interested in what?
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 10:33

You are equally well capable of instantly praying to your President etc ... They grant your wishes at the same rate as your god.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 15:24
    Originally posted by Agerg
    You are equally well capable of instantly praying to your President etc ... They grant your wishes at the same rate as your god.
    Really? You pray to him? Does he hear you?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 15:36
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think He is perfect as is. The times I don't like normally are those
    that I want my way over reality, or the will of others, but during those
    times if I trust God it always works out.
    Kelly
    Good comment. We all get impatient with the wickedness of this world and most of us really do care and want it to stop. Who wouldn't. But our time table and what we see is different then God's views, wisdom and timetable.
    To us this suffering has seeemd to go on forever ever since satan affected our first parents Adam and Eve and started this downward spiral for mankind.
    If it were not for what Jehovah immediately put into motion just after Adam sinned with the eventual life giving sacrifice his son Jesus would do for all humans that want to take advantage of it's power, we woud all be lost.
    But as long as it seems to be taking from our viewpoint, it is going exactly as God had planned and will be fixed exactly the second he has planned to stop all the pain and to bring this world back to the paradise he wants for us all.
    And what has been thousands of years for humans to deal with our imperfections and to deal wth satan, has only been a few days in God's eyes and time.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Sep '13 15:36
    Sorry...interested in what?
    In why has God allowed things to continue on and get so bad?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree