1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 17:57
    Pretend you have 2 minutes to explain salvation to an enquiring unbeliever. What are the key facts assuming the person has the ability to believe what you say - what indeed would you say. A question to all faiths and denominations especially:

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

I'm looking for straight forward but all encompassing responses please. No cop outs or scenarios, just the facts: what do I have to believe, and what if anything should I do to prevent myself going to hell?

Thank you.
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 18:03
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Pretend you have 2 minutes to explain salvation to an enquiring unbeliever. What are the key facts assuming the person has the ability to believe what you say - what indeed would you say. A question to all faiths and denominations especially:

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

I'm looking for straight forward but all encompassing respo ...[text shortened]... ave to believe, and what if anything should I do to prevent myself going to hell?

Thank you.
    Follow The Ten Commandments.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 18:133 edits

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

I'm looking for straight forward but all encompassing respo ...[text shortened]... ave to believe, and what if anything should I do to prevent myself going to hell?

Thank you.
    To have eternal life one must become one with the eternal: truth, love, compassion, justice, etc. Eternal life is living in the domain of the eternal. One must BE righteous to have eternal life.

Those who believe that they need only profess the proper beliefs, perform the proper rituals, etc. ultimately do so in order to feel secure in self-centeredness and are deceiving themselves as well as others.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 19:581 edit
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Follow The Ten Commandments.
    Is that it...2000 years of evangelism and that's it?

Edit: are you a muslim?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 20:031 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    To have eternal life one must become one with the eternal: truth, love, compassion, justice, etc. Eternal life is living in the domain of the eternal. One must BE righteous to have eternal life.

Those who believe that they need only profess the proper beliefs, perform the proper rituals, etc. ultimately do so in order to feel secure in self-centeredness and are deceiving themselves as well as others.
    My apologies for being direct friend, but this is exactly the type of pseudo spiritual mumbo-jumbo I'm trying to evade in this discussion. Would you really say that a person you thought was going to hell, and you only had 2 minutes to get you message of salvation across.

Perhaps you can explain concisely and with specific detail? I'm going to hell in 2 minutes so I'm on a schedule...
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 20:211 edit
    My apologies for being direct friend, but this is exactly the type of pseudo spiritual mumbo-jumbo I'm trying to evade in this discussion. Would you really say that a person you thought was going to hell, and you only had 2 minutes to get you message of salvation across.

Perhaps you can explain concisely and with specific detail? I'm going to hell in 2 minutes so I'm on a schedule...
    Yes, that's what I'd say.

Perhaps you can explain the following:
    "Perhaps you can explain concisely and with specific detail."

Both concise and detailed?

If you have specific questions, ask them instead of giving ambiguous parameters of what you deem to be acceptable.

I'm glad you like "direct".
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 21:271 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Yes, that's what I'd say.

Perhaps you can explain the following:
    "Perhaps you can explain concisely and with specific detail."

Both concise and detailed?

If you have specific questions, ask them instead of giving ambiguous parameters of what you deem to be acceptable.

I'm glad you like "direct".

Please don't mistake directness for agression. This is about life and death after all. I guess what I'm asking you is what exactly does the above mean please. How do I become one with the eternal ... etc?

Are you part of an named religion or oganisation btw?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 21:29
    Sorry, I dont reckon there is any hell. Maybe purgatory for a really long time for really stupid people, but not 'eternal damnation'.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 21:51

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

Thank you.
    JW's: Very basic.

Heb 5:9. Realize that salvation is only thru Jesus.
    Matt 24:13. Only one that endures to the end will be saved. Salvation is not assured until then.
    Eph 2:8,9. & Phil 2:12. It is undeserved. You can never earn it.
    James 2:14,26. Salvation without works is not accepted.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 22:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    JW's: Very basic.

Heb 5:9. Realize that salvation is only thru Jesus.
    Matt 24:13. Only one that endures to the end will be saved. Salvation is not assured until then.
    Eph 2:8,9. & Phil 2:12. It is undeserved. You can never earn it.
    James 2:14,26. Salvation without works is not accepted.
    Thanks galveston75.

I get point one, this gives me a name and a focal point.

If salvation cannot be earnt because it is undeserved (I get that bit too), then how and by what means of 'endurance' and 'works' do I qualify?
  11. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 23:09

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

Thank you.
    You mean you don't know? We are already in hell pard.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 23:23
    Thanks galveston75.

I get point one, this gives me a name and a focal point.

If salvation cannot be earnt because it is undeserved (I get that bit too), then how and by what means of 'endurance' and 'works' do I qualify?
    Endurance is pretty much what it says. Satan and this world makes it very hard at times to remain faithful to God's laws and standards. We are imperfect too and that's always with us.
    The Bible says to stay close to him and he'll stay close to us.
    The works would include finding out what God and Jesus expects of us. We all want to please him and want his favor but there are a few things he wants in return. Most know to obey his laws and to accept them but this is not all that is required of us, there is more then that. Jesus gave us work to do to not only help us out in that endevor but to help others too. That's only fair. Right? Jesus told his followers to let others know what we know and to help them come to know him and his Father. Matt 24: 14. Another scripture to express this more is at Rom 10:14,15.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 23:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Endurance is pretty much what it says. Satan and this world makes it very hard at times to remain faithful to God's laws and standards. We are imperfect too and that's always with us.
    The Bible says to stay close to him and he'll stay close to us.
    The works would include finding out what God and Jesus expects of us. We all want to please him and want ...[text shortened]... him and his Father. Matt 24: 14. Another scripture to express this more is at Rom 10:14,15.
    Sorry to press you, but what works and level of endurance do I need to do, to ensure my salvation? It all sounds very subjective so what assurance do I have that I've done enough of the right things?
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Aug '09 23:46
    Sorry to press you, but what works and level of endurance do I need to do, to ensure my salvation? It all sounds very subjective so what assurance do I have that I've done enough of the right things?
    Well there are no gauges or test if that's what you mean but once you do find out what is required of us then do the best you can at that and stay clean from the world's pagan teachings and practices. Satan is very good at hiding them in our everyday life's and we may not know we are even having something to do with them. The Bible speaks of using discernment in all or ways. 2Tim 2:7.
    But if you are looking for a simple way to have this favor from God it's not just a couple things to do. It is not always easy to follow his laws and principles. So it takes alot of study as well as commitment.
    John 17:3.
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Aug '09 01:00
    [b]To have eternal life one must become one with the eternal: truth, love, compassion, justice, etc. Eternal life is living in the domain of the eternal. One must BE righteous to have eternal life.

Please don't mistake directness for agression. This is about life and death after all. I guess what I'm asking you is what exactly does the above mea ...[text shortened]... become one with the eternal ... etc?

Are you part of an named religion or oganisation btw?[/b]
    I'm still not sure what you are finding difficult to understand, but I'll try this. It isn't about acting truthful, loving, compassionate, just, etc. It's about being truthful, loving, compassionate, just, etc. Here's an example that might help you understand the distinction. There are many people who, under most circumstances, would not murder anyone. However, in certain situations they would. There are also people who would not murder anyone under any circumstances. For them, murder is not an option. They have no desire to murder anyone and there is no situation that would incite such a desire.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree