1. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 00:39
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/13/daughter.for.sale/index.html

Reminds me of an Ivory Tower lesson on parenting given by the esteemed Professor K many years ago.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 03:20
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles

Reminds me of an Ivory Tower lesson on parenting given by the esteemed Professor K many years ago.
    Refresh my memory. I preach so many life changing sermons I can't keep up with them.
  3. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 03:34
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Refresh my memory. I preach so many life changing sermons I can't keep up with them.
    You said to give your kids regular names, so they don't turn out all messed up.

What kind of person sells his daughter for beer and meat? A dude name Jesus, for one.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 03:40
    You said to give your kids regular names, so they don't turn out all messed up.

What kind of person sells his daughter for beer and meat? A dude name Jesus, for one.
    It wasn't exactly a "loaves and fishes" story was it? That was one hell of a grocery list, but when you grow up with the name Jesus you kind of learn to expect anything you want.
  5. Break-twitching
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 05:05

Lots of Mexicans and other Hispanics name their male child Jesus, which is pronounce "Ha-sus", long 'a' and 'u'...
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 09:22
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Lots of Mexicans and other Hispanics name their male child Jesus, which is pronounce "Ha-sus", long 'a' and 'u'...
    Would that be a customary dowery in a Mexican wedding?
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 19:54

This is a stupid thread.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    14 Jan '09 21:07

baseball-reference.com lists eleven players with the first name of 'Jesus' who have made it to the major leagues. The most successful was Jesus Alou, who played 15 years in the big leagues, with a .280 lifetime batting average.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 01:31
    Originally posted by rwingett
    baseball-reference.com lists eleven players with the first name of 'Jesus' who have made it to the major leagues. The most successful was Jesus Alou, who played 15 years in the big leagues, with a .280 lifetime batting average.
    Have you noticed that all the Jesuses genoflex when they get in the batter's box?
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 01:54
    Give me the stats on the prison rolls. I bet there's more than eleven.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 03:24
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Have you noticed that all the Jesuses genoflex when they get in the batter's box?
    It seems like everyone does that these days. They get a hit and point to the sky. Why don't they shake their fist at the sky when they strike out?
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 03:34
    Give me the stats on the prison rolls. I bet there's more than eleven.
    The Tigers scouted Ron LeFlore while he was in Jackson State Prison in 1973. They signed him to a contract when he was paroled and he made his MLB debut in 1974. After retiring he's been arrested twice for failure to pay child support. I don't know, but maybe he named the child 'Jesus.'
  13. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 04:161 edit
    The Tigers scouted Ron LeFlore while he was in Jackson State Prison in 1973. They signed him to a contract when he was paroled and he made his MLB debut in 1974. After retiring he's been arrested twice for failure to pay child support. I don't know, but maybe he named the child 'Jesus.'
    I meant how many dudes named Jesus are in prison, not how many prisoners make it to the MLB.

If the Reverend's admonition regarding giving your kid a wacky name, like naming him after God's son, has merit, I'd expect there to be a lot more than eleven dudes named Jesus in prison.
  14. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 06:49
    I meant how many dudes named Jesus are in prison, not how many prisoners make it to the MLB.

If the Reverend's admonition regarding giving your kid a wacky name, like naming him after God's son, has merit, I'd expect there to be a lot more than eleven dudes named Jesus in prison.
    You should never give your male child the middle name of "Wayne." One of the most common middle names for people on death row. John Wayne Gacy, for example.
  15. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 11:20

Maybe people named Jesus are just naturally targeted for persecution.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree