1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulÀrer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 12:03
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It seems like everyone does that these days. They get a hit and point to the sky. Why don't they shake their fist at the sky when they strike out?
    đŸ˜”
  2. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    15 Jan '09 15:48
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    You should never give your male child the middle name of "Wayne." One of the most common middle names for people on death row. John Wayne Gacy, for example.
    Related to this, what's up with people giving entire names of famous people as first and middle names (like John Wayne Gacy, or the innumerable "Robert E. Lee [Surname]"s)? Is this a southern thing?
  3. Playing with matches
    Moves
    16 Jan '09 01:30
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/01/13/daughter.for.sale/index.html

Reminds me of an Ivory Tower lesson on parenting given by the esteemed Professor K many years ago.
    How many cases of beer would you pay for a nubile 18year old subserviant Latino chick?
  4. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    17 Jan '09 23:293 edits
    Refresh my memory. I preach so many life changing sermons I can't keep up with them.
    Lord have mercy, I think you need to go preach that sermon over here:

"What naming your kid Adolf Hitler gets you!"
    Thread 106727
  5. Joined
    26 Nov '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '09 16:00
    Originally posted by josephw
    This is a stupid thread.
    I agree - however, the news article is interesting. When I started to read it I was under the assumption it was a broke addict trying to get his next fix, but I was entirely wrong!

Do we know if the guy is still in prison?
  6. SubscriberRay Gunz I
    SEMI TALENTED NOVICE
    Bronx, New York
    Moves
    22 Jan '09 23:39
    Originally posted by dystoniac
    Lots of Mexicans and other Hispanics name their male child Jesus, which is pronounce "Ha-sus", long 'a' and 'u'...
    That be heh-zeus, short e.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 12:18
    It wasn't exactly a "loaves and fishes" story was it? That was one hell of a grocery list, but when you grow up with the name Jesus you kind of learn to expect anything you want.
    ==============================
    It wasn't exactly a "loaves and fishes" story was it? That was one hell of a grocery list, but when you grow up with the name Jesus you kind of learn to expect anything you want.
    ==================================

Maybe until you learn that the name Jesus is not a magic amulet.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jan '09 12:22
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==============================
    ==================================

Maybe until you learn that the name Jesus is not a magic amulet.[/b]
    Exactly.

People knw there is power in the name though, which is why it is used in vain or as a swearword so frequently.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 May '09 13:26
    funny..pointless thread..why not name him or her 'god'.
    .. or 'potato' for that matter
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    29 May '09 15:02
    One of the most bizarre and shocking performers of our era, GG Allin, was born as Jesus Christ Allin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GG_Allin

"Allin is best remembered for his notorious live performances that typically featured wildly transgressive acts such as Allin defecating and urinating onstage, rolling in feces and often consuming excrement, committing self-injury, performing naked, and committing violent actions toward the audience—often doing many of these things simultaneously. Although more notorious for his stage antics than for his wide body of music, he recorded prolifically, not only in the punk rock genre, but also in spoken word, country and Rolling Stones-influenced rock. His politically incorrect lyrics, which often covered subjects such as misogyny, pedophilia and racism, deeply divided opinions of him within the highly politicized punk community. Though he had a devoted cult following, Allin's music has received mostly negative reviews from critics."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree