1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 05:01
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Why then do you seem to have a problem with sonship sharing his views?
    What problem is it you think I have? I have made some observations about the argument he is using, that's all. I am responding to him in much the same way as you are responding to me. How is there a "problem"?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 05:12
    Originally posted by @fmf
    What problem is it you think I have? I have made some observations about the argument he is using, that's all. I am responding to him in much the same way as you are responding to me. How is there a "problem"?
    You seem to be having a problem with him 'preaching to the choir'.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 05:22
    On the contrary, you seem to have some kind of problem with me observing that he is preaching to the choir and that his admiration for Jesus is evidence or an argument that works.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 05:27
    On the contrary, you seem to have some kind of problem with me observing that he is preaching to the choir and that his admiration for Jesus is evidence or an argument that works.
    I said you are welcome to your subjective opinions. If you want to view that as me having a problem with your observations that fine by me.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 05:30
    What "problem"?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 05:33
    What 'problem'?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 05:482 edits
    What 'problem'?
    It was you who put it to me: "Why then do you seem to have a problem with sonship sharing his views?".' What is the nature of this "problem" that you are referring to? As for the problem you appear to have: you seem to think I shouldn't have responded to sonship.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 06:13
    It was you who put it to me: "Why then do you seem to have a problem with sonship sharing his views?".' What is the nature of this "problem" that you are referring to? As for the problem you appear to have: you seem to think I shouldn't have responded to sonship.
    If you have no problem with him 'preaching to the choir', why do you have to repeatedly whine about it?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 06:19
    Originally posted by @apathist
    what reason to believe in a creator god

and which one
    Another dud sonhousian thread by you.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 06:22
    If you have no problem with him 'preaching to the choir', why do you have to repeatedly whine about it?
    Would you have us believe that you are opposed to posters saying something "repeatedly"?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 09:12
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Imagine the awe that people felt toward the first people who could predict an eclipse.

But once they got to know them they quickly realized that they were as flawed in character as everybody else.

Ie. Einstien unfaithfully ditching his first wife.
    The smart ones are those who get us to believe things they say will happen after we die.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 09:20
    Would you have us believe that you are opposed to posters saying something "repeatedly"?
    It would seem that you are.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 17:371 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    The smart ones are those who get us to believe things they say will happen after we die.

He is the God of the living not the dead.

He is the "Judge of the living and the dead."
    But He is the God of the living (Mark 12:27)

American Standard Version
    He is not the God of the dead, but of the living: ye do greatly err.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You therefore do greatly err.

The whole idea that you have to go into death in order to meet God is way overdone.
    The New Testament talks much more about the enjoyment of Christ while living.

Now granted, He is the God of resurrection. And the final enemy of God, death, is to be completely vanquished, He would that we "reign in life" through Jesus Christ.

" ... those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ." (Rom. 17b)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 18:482 edits
    Debate of the month - (two against two, including ... )

Debate - Christer Sturmark vs John Lennox - Christianity and Science - 2012

YouTube
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Aug '17 18:59
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What reason to believe in your Mother Nature goddess?
    Nature exists. What is in a name?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree