1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 03:09
    Orthodox view of...

The Person and Work of Christ

The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.

He accomplished our redemption through His spiritual death on the Cross as a substitutionary sacrifice.

Our redemption is made sure to us by His literal physical resurrection from the dead (John 1:1, 2, 14; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24, 25; 4:25; I Peter 1:3-5).

The Lord Jesus Christ is now in heaven, exalted at the right hand of God, where, as the High Priest for His people, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1, 2).
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 03:14
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Orthodox view of...

The Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man without ceasing to be God, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful man.

He accomplished our redemption through His spiritual death on the Cross as a substituti ...[text shortened]... y of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1, 2).
    It's an elaborate mythology that Christians have built up over the personhood of Jesus which largely obscures the actual content of his teaching.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 03:541 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It's an elaborate mythology that Christians have built up over the personhood of Jesus which largely obscures the actual content of his teaching.
    Well at least his message was not entirely wasted. At least someone gets it!! 😛
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 07:50
    obscures how? so the mythology built over how nice jesus was obscures the fact that he was nice and told us to do the same?
  5. England
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 11:34
    Orthodox view of...

He accomplished our redemption through His spiritual death on the Cross as a substituti ...[text shortened]... y of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; Romans 8:34; I John 2:1, 2).
    you have the begining and the end, the bit in the middle is his teachings in his time on earth
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:21
    Christ..., became man without ceasing to be God, ...
    Where does the Bible say this part?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:22
    Originally posted by stoker
    you have the begining and the end, the bit in the middle is his teachings in his time on earth
    Until one understands the person and the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, the teachings cannot be seen in the proper context.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:23
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Where does the Bible say this part?
    In various passages.

Interested, or just itching?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:24
    Implying, of course, that you understand His message apart from acknowledging who He is. Poppycock.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:29
    In various passages.

Interested, or just itching?
    Interested. Shoot.

Plus some time ago I asked you (and you ignored) to shpw how this verse fits into your conclusion that Christ is God :

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:30
    Until one understands the person and the work of the Lord Jesus Christ, the teachings cannot be seen in the proper context.
    Is it possible for one to do the will of Christ with even knowing Him?
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:31
    One thing I would challenge people with is that it's more than an intellectually/Scholarly understanding of the Christ that is needed. If He Christ is indeed living (which I believe He is) You can Know Him he invites us all.

Manny
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:33
    Interested. Shoot.

Plus some time ago I asked you (and you ignored) to shpw how this verse fits into your conclusion that Christ is God :

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
    If I ignored you, it was likely because the conversation wasn't going to be successfully resolved.

I'll answer your question with a question, if you don't mind too much. When a man and a woman are joined in marriage, are they considered one flesh?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:38
    Is it possible for one to do the will of Christ with even knowing Him?
    I assume you are asking if one can do the will of Christ without knowing Him.

"Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 14:50
    If I ignored you, it was likely because the conversation wasn't going to be successfully resolved.

I'll answer your question with a question, if you don't mind too much. When a man and a woman are joined in marriage, are they considered one flesh?
    So you ignore people who make points which you are unable to resolve. That suggests that your doctrine is weak.

When a man and a woman are married they are considered as one flesh in a figurative since as a married couple they have one purpose. They are not one flesh in the literal sense. They cannot be one person, they are still two distinct and separate entities.

The same with God and Christ. God is the head of Christ. They have one purpose and they are one in that sense but they cannot be one in the literal sense ie God is Christ and Christ is God. They are two separate and distinct entities.

Christ said he is one with the disciples. However he was still distinct and separate from his disciples.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree