1. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 14:14
    There are a couple passages/teachings in the Bible which the opening post seems to ignore.

1. That the Earth is temporary place for man’s abode and not the permanent location of the Kingdom of Heaven. The advice from Christ and the Apostles therefore, has always been to focus on heavenly things and ignore earthly or temporal things. There are many Christians who cannot help but to seek after worldly things despite warnings from Christ and the Apostles. They have even interpreted the Bible’s description of God’s Kingdom so that it includes a lot of material earthly prosperity. It is their idea that the Kingdom will have lots to eat and drink, lots of nice things to enjoy, nice cars etc and lots of man-made luxury in general. And this they do because material things and worldly things bring happiness to them. But the teachings of the Apostles is clear .. that is to forget about this world. The life of the saint in the Kingdom is not meat and drink ..”but righteousness, and peace, and joy..”.

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. (1 John 2:15-17)

For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.) For our conversation [citizenship] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself. (Php 3:18-21)

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. (Col 3:1-4)

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Mat 6:20-21)

2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The abode of the righteous is not going to be on this planet Earth but would be the heavenly kingdom referred to in Revelation as the New Jerusalem. This is the Kingdom which the patriarchs saw afar off .. the new city built by God for the saints.

Hebrews 11:10-16 KJV For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God. (11) …. (13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. (14) For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. (15) And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. (16) But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

2. That mankind will cease to exist. True God made to Earth for the children of men to inhabit.

Psa 115:16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men. And, Isa 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

However mankind is a mortal temporal being that cannot exist in his present state and in this present location eternally. Man needs the protection that this Earth affords in order to survive. To be immortal man’s physical composition must be changed from a corruptible one to an incorruptible one. After the final judgment there will be two classes of people : the evil ones who will be destroyed in the lake of fire [Rev 21] and righteous ones who will be transformed into angels with bodies like Christ. So NO PEOPLE like what we are accustomed to will exist after that. That’s the end of mankind.

(Isaiah 65:17) – “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former things shall not be remembered or come to mind.”

Mat_22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

1Co_15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

(Php 3:20-21) For our conversation [citizenship] is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

The saints will be like Christ and the angels - NOT MEN. So it makes perfect sense and given the references quoted that God would not need this earth neither Eden because there are no more men to inhabit the earth. Hence the very clear statements that it will be destroyed [Peter 3 and Rev 21].

Proponent of the view stated in the opening post have not fully thought out and fit together all the pieces in the information given in the Bible regarding this era after the reign on Christ on the Earth. If the saints will have bodies like Christ and be like the angels then what exactly on this planet earth would angelic beings need. Beings with angelic saintly bodies have no need for sun or moon, light or air, water or food, cars or transportation, or material things in general. Angels move and live on the power of Holy Spirit. This planet will be useless and that is why it is stated so clearly that the earthly things are temporary or passing and that the earth will be destroyed.

It is a scientific certainty that the Earth will be destroyed sometime in the future. Astronomers have witnessed hundreds of suns which have imploded and destroyed the surrounding planets. True God can delay or stop it from happening by why do that when the righteous saints have been moved away from this frail planet into the New Jerusalem [Rev21].
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 14:171 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Those who submit to Gods authority. Those calling upon Gods name. Those who are
    evangelising. Shall I demonstrate with Biblical reference?
    Any particular group of Christians in mind?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 14:23
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Any particular group of Christians in mind?
    You know i believe that Jehovahs witnesses are those who are described as
    evangelising and calling upon Gods name and who have submitted to Gods
    sovereignty, but do not want to detract from the message that I gave by courting
    controversies.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 14:291 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    There are a couple passages/teachings in the Bible which the opening post seems to ignore.

1. [b]That the Earth is temporary place for man’s abode and not the permanent location of the Kingdom of Heaven.
    The advice from Christ and the Apostles therefore, has always been to focus on heavenly things and ignore earthly or temporal things. There are ...[text shortened]... the righteous saints have been moved away from this frail planet into the New Jerusalem [Rev21].[/b]
    That the Earth is temporary place for man’s abode and That mankind will cease to exist.

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

directly quoted by Christ at Matthew 5:5

(Matthew 5:5) “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

clearly the Bible teaches otherwise.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 14:38
    You know i believe that Jehovahs witnesses are those who are described as
    evangelising and calling upon Gods name and who have submitted to Gods
    sovereignty, but do not want to detract from the message that I gave by courting
    controversies.
    It's the elephant in the room though Rob. If you genuinely believe that your organisation is the key for people surviving Armageddon and living on the earthly paradise why are you always so mysterious about it? It's like getting blood out of stone for you to admit what you believe.

I'll detract no more.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 14:411 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's the elephant in the room though Rob. If you genuinely believe that your organisation is the key for people surviving Armageddon and living on the earthly paradise why are you always so mysterious about it? It's like getting blood out of stone for you to admit what you believe.

I'll detract no more.
    I am not mysterious about it, I simply keep needing to reel you people in, you are all so wired to da moon! 😛
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 14:54
    That the Earth is temporary place for man’s abode and That mankind will cease to exist.

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside [b]forever upon it.

(Matthew 5:5) “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

clearly the Bible teaches otherwise.[/b]
    Those verses must be refering to the new earth.

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
    And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind."

(Isaiah 65:17 NKJV)
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 15:012 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Those verses must be refering to the new earth.

“For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;
    And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind."

(Isaiah 65:17 NKJV)
    No its not, why?

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is
    standing even to time indefinite.

which means that your interpretation of what the Biblical terms 'a new heavens and a
    new earth', constitute must be wrong or at very least at variance with the verse quoted above.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 15:12
    No its not, why?

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is
    standing even to time indefinite.

which means that your interpretation of what the Biblical terms 'a new heavens and a
    new earth', constitute must be wrong or at very least at variance with the verse quoted above.
    Notice it says, "time indefinte" but that time is coming for notice what the apostle Peter writes:

But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

(2 Peter 3:7, 10-12 NKJV)
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 15:25
    I am not mysterious about it, I simply keep needing to reel you people in, you are all so wired to da moon! 😛
    Are you ever successful in your fishing? My observation of your behaviour on this forum and peoples reactions suggests that you mostly succeed in pushing them away.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 15:294 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Notice it says, "time indefinte" but that time is coming for notice what the apostle Peter writes:

[b]But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a ...[text shortened]... being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat?

(2 Peter 3:7, 10-12 NKJV)[/b]
    Did I say wired to da moon, yup, i said it.

Please note what the apostle stated in the verses immediately preceding those which you quoted,

(2 Peter 3:5-7) For, according to their wish, this fact escapes their notice, that there were heavens from of old and an earth standing compactly out of water and in the midst of water by the word of God and by those [means] the world of that time suffered destruction when it was deluged with water. But by the same word the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgement and of destruction of the ungodly men.

Clearly Peter is referring to the great flood, now let us ask ourselves the question, if such was the case, and let us make no mistake about it, he is, then when the heavens of old and the earth of old and that world suffered destruction, then why is the same heavens and earth and that world of old still here? The answer is that the terms heavens and earth, do not relate to the literal heavens and earth, but are applied in a figurative sense by the apostle. How do we know, for the apostle states that what in fact underwent destruction was the world of ungodly men, not the literal heavens and earth although described as that which constituted a world. So what do the heavens and earth refer to? the same world of ungodly men, the heavens representing those who rule and the earth to those who are subject.

Now not only is this self evident from the immediate context, it harmonises entirely with the verse of Ecclesiastes 1:4 which your interpretation could not and cannot do. Clearly the literal heavens and literal earth, beautiful as they are, are to remain forever.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 15:293 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Are you ever successful in your fishing? My observation of your behaviour on this forum and peoples reactions suggests that you mostly succeed in pushing them away.
    If you have anything to say about the content them please do so. Actually what do you
    think i am supposed to be fishing for, please explain, although its off topic, i am
    interested in your perceptions.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 16:00
    If you have anything to say about the content them please do so. Actually what do you
    think i am supposed to be fishing for, please explain, although its off topic, i am
    interested in your perceptions.
    People of course. I was replying to the post where you said you needed 'to reel you people in'. And you said this in response to Proper Knob who was asking why, when you believe you know the path to salvation, you make it so hard for anyone to find out what that path is. Its somewhat odd that you don't seem to be able to follow your own conversation.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 16:10

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside [b]forever upon it.

clearly the Bible teaches otherwise.[/b]
    Would you think that in the following passage 'for ever' also means for eternity?

Exo 21:6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he shall serve him for ever.

These 'forever' statements can be better translated 'for the age' or 'for as long as the present age lasts' etc.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 16:14
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    People of course. I was replying to the post where you said you needed 'to reel you people in'. And you said this in response to Proper Knob who was asking why, when you believe you know the path to salvation, you make it so hard for anyone to find out what that path is. Its somewhat odd that you don't seem to be able to follow your own conversation.
    Its a figure of speech used to indicate that certain members have a habit of going off on a tangent. You really were unaware of that I suspect. Do you really think that people become Christians be reading texts on an internet forum? Really think about it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree