1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 16:16
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Would you think that in the following passage 'for ever' also means for eternity?

Exo 21:6 Then his master shall bring him unto the judges; he shall also bring him to the door, or unto the door post; and his master shall bore his ear through with an aul; and he [b]shall serve him for ever.

These 'forever' statements can be better translated 'for the age' or 'for as long as the present age lasts' etc.[/b]
    Its hard to say, its a parable and is not meant to be taken literally.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 16:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its hard to say, its a parable and is not meant to be taken literally.
    Exodus 21:6 is a parable?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 16:45
    Do you really think that people become Christians be reading texts on an internet forum?
    How many people have "become Christians" because of talking to you on their doorstep?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 17:091 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Exodus 21:6 is a parable?
    no sorry my mistake, but even so, it proves nothing, the scriptures clearly indicate that the earth is to stand forever.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 17:128 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    How many people have "become Christians" because of talking to you on their doorstep?
    how is that relevant to the theme of this thread? If its not relevant then why are you
    introducing irrelevancies, take your incessant trolling elsewhere. But to answer your
    question, none, you cannot become a Christian until you study and make an informed
    decision but then again, that was the whole point and the reason i asked Whitey to
    think about his words. Obviously he was harbouring some strange ideas about the whole conversion process, the point being that people convert to Christianity because they themselves want to because they see some value in it.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 17:31
    Its a figure of speech used to indicate that certain members have a habit of going off on a tangent. You really were unaware of that I suspect.
    I see. It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense in context.

Do you really think that people become Christians be reading texts on an internet forum? Really think about it.
    I don't know. I do know several posters have expressed interest in 'becoming Christian' or something to that effect, and several posters have become atheist. So there is certainly potential.
    It still seems odd that you would want to discuss things on the internet, but keep secret what you believe to be the most important message, and presumably believe everyone should hear. Or are you worried about overpopulation after the resurrection?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 17:362 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I see. It still doesn't make a whole lot of sense in context.

[b]Do you really think that people become Christians be reading texts on an internet forum? Really think about it.

I don't know. I do know several posters have expressed interest in 'becoming Christian' or something to that effect, and several posters have become atheist. So there is c ...[text shortened]... elieve everyone should hear. Or are you worried about overpopulation after the resurrection?[/b]
    kept secret, what have I kept secret? Is English your first language? the point that you fail to understand that unless you are making reference to forced conversion, people become Christians of their volition because they see some value in it, not because they are persuaded to do so by others, a point that you consistently fail to understand or at very least are harbouring some strange ideas about.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 17:37
    how is that relevant to the theme of this thread? If its not relevant then why are you
    introducing irrelevancies, take your incessant trolling elsewhere. But to answer your
    question, none, you cannot become a Christian until you study and make an informed
    decision, but then again, that was the whole point and the reason i asked whitey to
    think about his words.
    Your organisation has told you that only members of your organisation will be "saved" [quite a selling point], and presumably you HAVE to accept this if you want to be a member of your organisation. You have succeeded in making NO people embrace Christianity on your terms here at RHP. And you have succeeded in making NO people embrace Christianity on your terms on the doorsteps ~ in 20 years ~ including all the hundreds of already-Christians that you have presumably tried to convert. You just have the assertions of your organisation and your loyalty to it and to them. That's all you have, as admirable as your corporate devotion may be. This is surely relevant?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 17:508 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your organisation has told you that only members of your organisation will be "saved" [quite a selling point], and presumably you HAVE to accept this if you want to be a member of your organisation. You have succeeded in making NO people embrace Christianity on your terms here at RHP. And you have succeeded in making NO people embrace Christianity on your ...[text shortened]... That's all you have, as admirable as your corporate devotion may be. This is surely relevant?
    First of all we are not selling anything, we are teachers of the Bible and i can prove Biblically what I profess. Please get your facts correct before you attempt to tell me about an organisation that you have never been in, close to or know anything about other than a few persons you claim to have known who were witnesses or what you have gleaned from the internet. I have not attempted to nor expected to make any converts on this forum, why? because I understand that people become Jehovah witnesses through their own volition after study, a point that you fail to grasp because you dont know anything about it but as usual purport to offer some kind of opinion.

People rarely if ever have Bible studies on their doorsteps, but you of course would not know that because you have NO EXPERIENCE, NO KNOWLEDGE OF and yet remain somehow knowledgeable enough to proffer an ill informed and somewhat ignorant opinion of my public ministry and what i have managed to achieve and then to attempt to draw some inference upon that ignorance. Its laughable and I laugh at your text. People become witnesses after a period of study which does not take place on a doorstep, I did not say that i have not helped anyone embrace the Bible truth, I stated that it did not take place on a doorstep as you have rather clumsily assumed, because thats all you have, assumption, lacking both experience and knowledge.

No your text is irrelevant, a complete shambles of assumption, ill informed opinion and silly assertions. All future irrelevancy will be ignored, i will not have my time wasted by you, its far too precious for that.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 17:591 edit
    First of all we are not selling anything, we are teachers of the Bible.
    But ~ apparently ~ if people do not BUY into joining your organization, they will not survive the End Times ~ according to your organization. Your organization makes this abundantly and explicitly clear in its literature. Only MEMBERS of your organization will survive the End Times. You cannot claim you "are not selling anything".
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 18:01
    No your text is irrelevant, a complete shambles of assumption, ill informed opinion and silly assertions. All future irrelevancy will be ignored, i will not have my time wasted by you, its far too precious for that.
    You are famous for dishing out personal abuse. The more on-topic my comment or view, the more you utilize the ad hominem.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 18:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    But ~ apparently ~ if people do not BUY into joining your organization, they will not survive the End Times. Your organization makes this abundantly clear in its literature. Only MEMBERS of your organization will survive the End Times. You cannot claim you "are not selling anything".
    So according to you I am 'selling', salvation? Nope i do not think that I have ever highlighted personal salvation as some kind of attempt to persuade anyone, no never! In fact i have never tried to persuade anyone of anything. Why not? because i understand that those persons who are interested in what I have to say are conscious of their spirituality prior to me saying anything. What we offer is Biblical knowledge through a personal study of scripture, John 17:3, you may want to look it up in a Bible. What a person does with that knowledge is entirely up to them.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 18:132 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are famous for dishing out personal abuse. The more on-topic my comment or view, the more you utilize the ad hominem.
    I am not as famous as you. Just the other day I heard you described as and I quote, ' a legendary troll', ironic dont you think? How do you feel having reached legendary status?
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 20:31
    I congratulate robbie on his OP.

To the point, and well on target.

To the atheists trying to pick him apart for it, well, I know it's what you 'do', so I really can't fault you for that.

To the Christians finding fault with robbie over it, I say 'get over yourselves'. I am a Christian, and yet not of robbie's denomination, and yet I find no fault with his post. It may be considered as an introduction to 'The Bible for Dummies', in that this is merely a starting point, and any carefully considered Christian viewpoint discussion would quickly move past these obvious starting points. For others, it is succinct and true. My Christian ideals are obviously not exactly the same as robbie's but as I said, I have no problem with his OP. It is what it is. A starting point.
  15. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Apr '13 21:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I congratulate robbie on his OP.

To the point, and well on target.

To the atheists trying to pick him apart for it, well, I know it's what you 'do', so I really can't fault you for that.

To the Christians finding fault with robbie over it, I say 'get over yourselves'. I am a Christian, and yet not of robbie's denomination, and yet I find no fault ...[text shortened]... 's but as I said, I have no problem with his OP. It is what it is. A starting point.
    That's all very well if you buy into the idea that
    what he says is true and you can rely on that
    text as factual and unambiguous but,

If it is all a fairy tale and people place faith and hope in it
    to the detriment of themselves and others and they are wrong.
    What then?

You are asked to believe three things.

1. There is a God and he created the heavenly angels and the world and man.

2. There were those of heaven who questioned this God.

3. Those Satanic agents who questioned this God decided to turn his creation
    ( man ) against this God. So in order to redress the balance, this God
    who allegedly had a son born of a human female, decided to use this son to
    act as an intermediary between humans and this God.

Believe this intermediary and you would gain your reward.
    Do not believe him and your fate is sealed. You would be
    destroyed along with the so called Satanic agents who questioned
    this God in the first place and his authority to rule over all.

It's a bit far fetched don't you all think?

No one can prove any of it.

If it had any credence then it would be still made plain today
    as it was allegedly made plain back then in the old testament.
    But it hasn't and it doesn't and no one can say it does without
    any shadow of doubt. No one has any proof that this God
    exists or ever existed or that he has a son and that he had
    magical powers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree