1. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 19:19
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Rajk999 is back. Have you done some more prayer and studying ?

All I did was indicate some places as in practical congregations where I served the Christian church over some decades.

Everybody around here is so anonymous.
    You don't say a peep about where you served.
    Divegeester disdains to say where he meets.
    Most everyone I know here over ...[text shortened]... team approach can be, I'd like to see what ThinkofOne would say without you standing in for him.
    Is this thread about your good works? If someone asked you what good works you did then by all means answer them.

Offering this personal information in order to elevate yourself is boasting.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 19:221 edit
    ThinkofOne, are you maybe not sure if you should laugh or cry?
    Do either.

But you quoted Matthew 6;1,2 as the gospel Jesus preached.
    All I did was use the very [b]same
    chapter a couple of sentences latter.

Is this the same gospel preached by Jesus?
    Then maybe I can give some take on the different emphasizes of the two passages.
    Its not a bad question.[/b]
    Let's see.

First you created a straw man as a way of side-stepping my assertion.

Then you claimed that my calling you out for creating a straw man was a red herring and have been hurling other accusations along the same lines.

To top it off, now you're pretending that you have no idea whether or not I consider the passage you cited from Matthew 5 as being a part of the gospel preached by Jesus during his ministry?

So you're not only continuing to side-step actually addressing my assertion, but you've taken to hurling all manner of inane accusations / insinuations to do it.

Take a deep breath and stop embarrassing yourself.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 19:251 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Is this thread about your good works? If someone asked you what good works you did then by all means answer them.

Says the guy with the "Woe's me! I'm the ONLY one left who knows how to be a Christian!" tone, for umpteen threads and hundreds of posts over the years.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 19:26

Think the penny will drop for him anytime soon?
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 19:28
    Says the guy with the [b] "Woe's me! I'm the ONLY one left who knows how to be a Christian!" tone, for umpteen threads and hundreds of posts over the years.[/b]
    Seriously jaywill. Take a deep breath, set aside your pride and stop embarrassing yourself.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 19:47
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    Think the penny will drop for him anytime soon?
    Doubt it 🙁
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 21:01
    Says the guy with the [b] "Woe's me! I'm the ONLY one left who knows how to be a Christian!" tone, for umpteen threads and hundreds of posts over the years.[/b]
    Actually many here seem to know how to be a Christian .. just not you.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 00:126 edits
    Seriously jaywill. Take a deep breath, set aside your pride and stop embarrassing yourself.
    Yea, yea.
    Artful dodging.

Were you really good at dodge ball as a kid?

Matthew 5 and 6 all part of the same gospel preached by Jesus, right?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 00:211 edit

Take a moderately deep breath and get some control over your wild wishful thinking.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 00:47
    Yea, yea.
    Artful dodging.

Were you really good at dodge ball as a kid?

[b]Matthew 5 and 6
    all part of the same gospel preached by Jesus, right?[/b]
    Tell you what jaywill. How about a little wager?

If rajk999 can't correctly determine whether or not I consider the passages from Matthew 5 and 6 to be part of the gospel preached by Jesus during his ministry, I'll agree to admit that I haven't been clear about that

However, if rajk999 can correctly determine it, then you'll agree to admit that you've been hurling all manner of inane accusations / insinuations in order to side-step actually addressing my assertion.

Are you in?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 00:48
    Doubt it 🙁
    Penny still hasn't dropped 🙁
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 07:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Ok as you seem determined to troll my thread and ignore the specifics of the OP, let’s argue about this boring OCD shlt then.

So, you think that using the phrase “old chestnut” to describe my point about altruism is incongruent with your definition of ad hominem. Well perhaps it is, but it is still a weak as piss comment which tries to undermine my P ...[text shortened]... e age of the argument rather then the content of it. But hey, you knew this right?

Your go...
    Sigh. What a thin-skinned paranoia-monger you've become.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 08:191 edit
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Sigh. What a thin-skinned paranoia-monger you've become.
    Is that an ad hominem by your definition? 😛
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 12:26
    Tell you what jaywill. How about a little wager?

If rajk999 can't correctly determine whether or not I consider the passages from Matthew 5 and 6 to be part of the gospel preached by Jesus during his ministry, I'll agree to admit that I haven't been clear about that

However, if rajk999 can correctly determine it, then you'll agree to admit that you ...[text shortened]... cusations / insinuations in order to side-step actually addressing my assertion.

Are you in?
    I think you're complicating the matter much.

Me:
    Hey ToO, Umm, is that the gospel preached by Jesus too ?

You:
    What do you discern is the difference between what Jesus is saying in the two passages?

Me:
    Is that question an admition then that it is the same gospel preached by Jesus ?
    Answer that first, how about ?
    Yea, Nada ?

At this point you could simply have said -
    "YES same gospel, now what is the difference to you in the two passages?"
    Or you could have said that, "NO, they were not the same. What is the difference?"

I could ASSUME that you think Matthew 5 and 6 are the same gospel.
    I don't see why you're shy to admit it.

I take it that your tone is "Sonship, OF COURSE they are the same."
    Then again, I don't see what the problem was in simply answering me before posing a question to me.

Then we have this from you.
    Let's see.

First you created a straw man as a way of side-stepping my assertion.

? ? ?
    You lost me here. Comes off like wishful thinking to me.
    One part of that Gospel says essentially "Don't show off".
    Another part of the Gospel says essentially "Let your good works be seen that the Father may be glorified, Don't hide them."

I ask "Same Gospel ?"
    There is not much need to belabor this - there is a time for everything.
    You do the right thing at the right time with the right motive in the right way.

You again:
    Then you claimed that my calling you out for creating a straw man was a red herring and have been hurling other accusations along the same lines.

Sounds like another thread. Now it gets complicated more.
    In THIS HERE thread I simply asked at your scolding me with Matthew 6 IF Matthew 5 was ALSO that precious gospel preached by Jesus.

I guess you really didn't want to say so.
    So you turn to ie. "What do you think is the difference?"

"What do you think is the difference?" [paraphrased] is not a direct answer to my question.

This stuff ?
    To top it off, now you're pretending that you have no idea whether or not I consider the passage you cited from Matthew 5 as being a part of the gospel preached by Jesus during his ministry?

So you're not only continuing to side-step actually addressing my assertion, but you've taken to hurling all manner of inane accusations / insinuations to do it.

Comes off as more wishful thinking to me.

Now I have to see a kid to the bus stop and take my morning walk.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 13:124 edits
    Are you in?

Rajk999 the umpire? Oh that's not fair. He's a buddy of mine. .... NOT. lol.

Whatever. However I think that the discussion can move forward if I take it that you have no problem with seeing that the Gospel Jesus preaches contained both chapters 5 and 6 of Matthew.

Now the interesting part comes in showing that the Apostle Paul preached THE SAME THINGS. That is what I gather, you don't agree with. The old "Jesus we like but Paul messed it all up " line.

C'mon ThinkOfOne. Paul was faithful in teaching, preaching and experience to his Lord Jesus. Everything you find in Matthew 5 and 6 you can find in the epistles of Paul.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree