1. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 15:03
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Not just Catholics, but Orthodox Christians, Anglo-Catholics and Lutherans.
    All if which I am not. πŸ˜›
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 16:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    and you know 'nuts!'.
    (I had a fair point I thought)

Jehovahs Witnesses are nuts. Just ask RajkπŸ˜€
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 22:22
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    confessing stuff is only the start of changing behaviour. (If thats what the OP was getting at). If you think toddling of to a little confession box every now and then, or telling people you really love them, or whatever, is enough, then you're nuts.
    Well, yes. Even Catholics who must believe in the efficacy of confession and absolution do not believe that it 'changes behaviour'. They believe that it gives them grace and help to battle against sin, but they also acknowledge that temptation remains just as strong and that they will likely end up in the confessional next Saturday. What they do believe is that they are forgiven their sins, not that their behaviour is changed.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '09 22:25
    (I had a fair point I thought)

Jehovahs Witnesses are nuts. Just ask RajkπŸ˜€
    yes hes a great authority on most things, why dont I?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 00:10
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Well, yes. Even Catholics who must believe in the efficacy of confession and absolution do not believe that it 'changes behaviour'. They believe that it gives them grace and help to battle against sin, but they also acknowledge that temptation remains just as strong and that they will likely end up in the confessional next Saturday. What they do believe is that they are forgiven their sins, not that their behaviour is changed.
    Which is why I'm not a Catholic
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 00:10
    yes hes a great authority on most things, why dont I?
    Third party perspective
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 00:521 edit
    Third party perspective
    third party perspective? you mean you actually believe that Raj writes his own script? and i should be the recipient of what is third, fourth, fifth, sixth and a thousandth hand opinions of persons who have nothing but ill will and axes to grind, no thanks, i have my own evaluations to make, that sort of bilge i can get on the net any time!
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 03:00
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I must confess that I have never gone to confession.
    For all we know you're a priest and hear confessions everyday.
  9. England
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 11:55
    confessing stuff is only the start of changing behaviour. (If thats what the OP was getting at). If you think toddling of to a little confession box every now and then, or telling people you really love them, or whatever, is enough, then you're nuts.
    im nuts, but my point ...you missed.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Nov '09 14:03
    Originally posted by stoker
    im nuts, but my point ...you missed.
    Maybe,(I'm a bit tired). So what was your point? Specifically do you mean confessing in a religous context or to a compadre?
  11. England
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 10:442 edits
    in pray or to another human???
    as you see the post "what was your last confession?" i asked if in pray or to another human???. was the original question to be taken in praying to god or as get it off your mind in a converse with another person, [not always a priest}.
    you seemed to take another view of my answer.
    confessing is only a part of the solution to cleaning of sins, if you confess a sin then repeat the sin thinking ive been washed so i will be washed again so i can reoffend, then they do not understand.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Nov '09 22:22
    as you see the post "what was your last confession?" i asked if in pray or to another human???. was the original question to be taken in praying to god or as get it off your mind in a converse with another person, [not always a priest}.
    you seemed to take another view of my answer.
    confessing is only a part of the solution to cleaning of sins, if you confe ...[text shortened]... king ive been washed so i will be washed again so i can reoffend, then they do not understand.
    Right, Sorry.
    My last confession is this-I didn't read your post properly, please forgive me ,dear StokerπŸ™‚
  13. England
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 10:37
    Right, Sorry.
    My last confession is this-I didn't read your post properly, please forgive me ,dear StokerπŸ™‚
    im quite cheap realy..
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 13:571 edit
    third party perspective? you mean you actually believe that Raj writes his own script? and i should be the recipient of what is third, fourth, fifth, sixth and a thousandth hand opinions of persons who have nothing but ill will and axes to grind, no thanks, i have my own evaluations to make, that sort of bilge i can get on the net any time!
    i have my own evaluations to make

As long as they fit with doctrine as set by the Governing Body.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Nov '09 13:58
    im quite cheap realy..
    That went over my head too...πŸ˜• .Sorry my sense of humour is not one of my strong pointsπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜΅πŸ˜΅πŸ˜²πŸ˜΄πŸ˜΄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree