1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10199
    18 Nov '09 00:53
    and why should you be forgiving and let into heaven when you die?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    18 Nov '09 01:06
    Originally posted by trev33
    and why should you be forgiving and let into heaven when you die?
    I must confess that I have never gone to confession.
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    34575
    18 Nov '09 01:24
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I must confess that I have never gone to confession.
    Ditto. Not being Catholic, confession means nothing to me.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    18 Nov '09 01:511 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    and why should you be forgiving and let into heaven when you die?
    you should be forgiving because we are human and prone to error. every body makes mistakes. Also it is the wise and even the healthy thing to do, for the harbouring of resentment can have a truly detrimental effect on a persons mental and even physical health. As for heaven, i have no idea, i am waiting for an earthly paradise 🙂
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10199
    18 Nov '09 02:02
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Ditto. Not being Catholic, confession means nothing to me.
    when when you make an 'error' as robbie puts it do not not seek forgiveness?
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10199
    18 Nov '09 02:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i am waiting for an earthly paradise 🙂
    good luck with that.
  7. tinyurl.com/ywohm
    Joined
    01 May '07
    Moves
    27860
    18 Nov '09 02:25
    Originally posted by trev33
    and why should you be forgiving and let into heaven when you die?
    Probably being impatient with my darling students. That tended to be a regular one. In context, I went at the same time that I had to take my students.
  8. Joined
    15 Sep '04
    Moves
    7051
    18 Nov '09 03:18
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Ditto. Not being Catholic, confession means nothing to me.
    Not just Catholics, but Orthodox Christians, Anglo-Catholics and Lutherans.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    19 Nov '09 09:08
    Originally posted by trev33
    what was your last confession?
    The last confession I made to my girl friend rendered me a black eye. No, never more...
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    19 Nov '09 09:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The last confession I made to my girl friend rendered me a black eye. No, never more...
    did you fess up to being gay?
  11. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    19 Nov '09 09:59
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you should be forgiving because we are human and prone to error. every body makes mistakes. Also it is the wise and even the healthy thing to do, for the harbouring of resentment can have a truly detrimental effect on a persons mental and even physical health. As for heaven, i have no idea, i am waiting for an earthly paradise 🙂
    I think he meant "why should you be forgiven". Also if we are 'prone to error' does that in some way mean we are incapable of error? If so, are we still guilty of the error, ie do we require forgiveness?
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    19 Nov '09 10:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    did you fess up to being gay?
    No, I'm not at all like you... 😠
  13. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    19 Nov '09 12:02
    in pray or to another human???
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    the Devil himself
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    91531
    19 Nov '09 14:22
    Originally posted by stoker
    in pray or to another human???
    confessing stuff is only the start of changing behaviour. (If thats what the OP was getting at). If you think toddling of to a little confession box every now and then, or telling people you really love them, or whatever, is enough, then you're nuts.
  15. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    19 Nov '09 14:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    confessing stuff is only the start of changing behaviour. (If thats what the OP was getting at). If you think toddling of to a little confession box every now and then, or telling people you really love them, or whatever, is enough, then you're nuts.
    and you know 'nuts!'.
Back to Top