What would identify a God backed religion?

What would identify a God backed religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jun 13

First Manny it is very obvious who you were speaking of....It really doesn't bother me because that in itself says something to me.

Second how do you know we are not the one if indeed their is truly one, which we honestly believe?
You disagree on many things as well as does most of the world. We understand that and from our viewpoint and what the Bible says about his people we actually welcome it, and we never expect that to change.
But you are so sure we are wrong and believe it or not I do understand all those reasons.
If I persoanally did not 100% know this is the true religion or way of life, I would probably feel exactly as you do.
But I completely know even with the baggage so to say, as we are imperfect, that this is the only organization God has to approve of on so many levels.
IF we were like all other religions I would have nothing to do with it.

So just because you or even the majority of the world doesn't agree with us or even hate us as many do, that does not at all mean we are wrong.
We are just wrong with the humans and their ideas of what a religion should be and do and be willing to compromise with.

So yes we are happy to have a relationship with God that we honesty don't feel most have. But that is something that anyone on this planet can have "IF" they are willing to do the things the above post are telling all to do.
Those scriptures and the conditions explained there are from our God Jehovah. If you doe not want to do those things, that is your decision. But do not condemn us for doing them the best we can and are willing to give or life's for....

PDI

Moves
08 Jun 13

I used to know somebody who moved to a compound in rural Iowa they called Shiloh. He called this church The Walk or The Living Word, or would say he was "in The Body." The alpha male John Robert Stevens would "bring the Word" in services.

Members were expected to do labor for nearby farmers, and the money from the farmers went to the leadership of the church, which in turn bought food and supplies for people living in the compound.

As is the case with all denominations, I suppose, they thought they were the true Christians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Living_Word_Fellowship

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jun 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
I used to know somebody who moved to a compound in rural Iowa they called Shiloh. He called this church The Walk or The Living Word, or would say he was "in The Body." The alpha male John Robert Stevens would "bring the Word" in services.

Members were expected to do labor for nearby farmers, and the money from the farmers went to the leadership of ...[text shortened]... they were the true Christians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Living_Word_Fellowship
Sounds like a peaceful life and probably good to raise children in. Kind of a preview of the paradise the Bible speaks of that God going to restore on this earth.

PDI

Moves
09 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Sounds like a peaceful life and probably good to raise children in.
One hopes that in these sorts of compounds not ALL of the children are sired by the alpha male.
🙁

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jun 13

Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
One hopes that in these sorts of compounds not ALL of the children are sired by the alpha male.
🙁
Agreed. And usually when you have a single person governing a society like this, it can turn out bad in the end sometimes.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
09 Jun 13
1 edit

What would be the requirements of a religion to be approved by God and used by him?
What does the Bible say?

1) They base their teachings on the Bible. Jesus said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality ...[text shortened]... ject teachings based on human wisdom or tradition.—Isaiah 29:13; Matthew 15:3-9; Colossians 2:8.
Taking care of orphans and widows.
James 1:27

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
09 Jun 13

Originally posted by menace71
BY the way I never once mentioned the J-Dubs in my answer yet you assumed immediately that I was speaking of your organization.

Manny
You said New York City?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jun 13

So why didn't you just call this thread "Reasons Why JW is better than YOUR religion"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jun 13

First Manny it is very obvious who you were speaking of....It really doesn't bother me because that in itself says something to me.

Second how do you know we are not the one if indeed their is truly one, which we honestly believe?
You disagree on many things as well as does most of the world. We understand that and from our viewpoint and what the B ...[text shortened]... do not condemn us for doing them the best we can and are willing to give or life's for....
More vanity. I thought you guys were supposed to be "not of this world"?

And then we get this.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jun 13
1 edit

Manny has a right to his opinion about any and all religions he wants. Does not mean he's right, partially right or even wrong, just his opinion as everyone here has his or her own opinions.

>snipping out of what appears to be mainly nonsense<

Except that I agree with Manny's opinion maybe 90+% of the time, which has got to be at least twice, if not three times, as much as I agree with either you or robbie.

I find Manny to be perhaps one of the most consistent posters here. I agree with him nearly all the time. With him, there's none of this agreeing with one post and then in the next post you wonder what he's been smoking. That's what I mean when I say he's consistent.

PDI

Moves
09 Jun 13

Agreed. And usually when you have a single person governing a society like this, it can turn out bad in the end sometimes.
Your topic has me looking around the Net.

I found an item on the Iowa cult I was writing about above that sort of ties it to the Beatles, in the sense that Yoko Ono's first husband got into it, only to become disillusioned.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20092860,00.html

Surely there have been books written on another compound, the one near Waco, where David Koresh functioned as alpha male. I hope to read one some day.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
09 Jun 13

What would identify a god backed religion ?
Hmmm, let me think.
It must be logical. Since, if nothing else, god must be logical.
That eliminates all Abrahamic concept religions.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Jun 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
Except that I agree with Manny's opinion maybe 90+% of the time, which has got to be at least twice, if not three times, as much as I agree with either you or robbie.

I find Manny to be perhaps one of the most consistent posters here. I agree with him nearly all the time. With him, there's none of this agreeing with one post and then in the next post you wonder what he's been smoking. That's what I mean when I say he's consistent.
Manny does make some good points at times and other here also do.
My thread is not meant to be looking for agreement from anyone. That was not the purpose of it.
The reason for it was to show the Bible's words which of course are God's words and shows what he expects.
If I had been looking for some or all to agree with this post I would have asked for it. But I did not qoute anything in it but was simply letting the Bible speak for itself.

So now I would like to ask if anyone here feels like their religion actually does "all" the things mentioned in those scriptures, or do they feel that their religion is falling short on some or all of these requirements the Bible lays out?

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
10 Jun 13

What identifies a God-backed religion?

Why, the Divine Watermark® of course.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 13

Originally posted by SwissGambit
What identifies a God-backed religion?