1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 06:59
    A few verses from the New Testament that identifies Jesus is our Lord and Savior:

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

So all this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying: “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

(Matthew 1:20-23 NKJV)

To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

(1 Corinthians 1:2 NKJV)

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

For Moses writes about the righteousness which is of the law, “The man who does those things shall live by them.” But the righteousness of faith speaks in this way, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down from above) or, “‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

(Romans 10:4-13 NKJV)

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

(Acts 4:12 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 09:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    A few verses from the New Testament that identifies Jesus is our Lord and Savior:

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. [b] And she will bring forth a Son, and ...[text shortened]... 12 NKJV)

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    Ok..what does this have to do with this thread? It is not about Jesus but about the qualifications of a religion that are expected by God?
    Want to try again?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 10:03
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Ok..what does this have to do with this thread? It is not about Jesus but about the qualifications of a religion that are expected by God?
    Want to try again?
    The acknowledgement that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life is the main qualification of a religion expected by God, because no one comes to the Father except through Jesus.

The Instructor
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 13:381 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The acknowledgement that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life is the main qualification of a religion expected by God, because no one comes to the Father except through Jesus.

The Instructor
    Uh yeah but this thread is not about Jesus role is it? I think not as all those scriptures of this thread is is the pont being discussed is it not? Maybe re read the OP and see if you can comment on those or are you not able to because your church falls short of these points?
    "Just believe in Jesus and you are saved" Is this what your saying is all one has to do and forget ALL the other scriptures that clearly say otherwise?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 17:37
    Uh yeah but this thread is not about Jesus role is it? I think not as all those scriptures of this thread is is the pont being discussed is it not? Maybe re read the OP and see if you can comment on those or are you not able to because your church falls short of these points?
    "Just believe in Jesus and you are saved" Is this what your saying is all one has to do and forget ALL the other scriptures that clearly say otherwise?
    The whole idea of a 'GodBackedReligion' is contrary to the Bible. The idea of a person being inspired or guided by God is not contrary however.

God chose a people [the Jews] through which he worked his plan to bring a saviour into the world to do two things 1. die for man's sins and 2. justify all people through faith in his Son Jesus. Those two things are referred to the Grace of God and it is so called because nothing man did was worthy of that grace.

To benefit from that gift of God there is a price to pay and that is following the commandments of Christ the chief of which are to love God and to love your neighbour as yourself.

There is nothing else required .. there is no law of Moses to follow, no special place to worship, no special organisation to join, no special rituals etc etc. Nothing but the love that you show to others is going to count in the day of judgment.

If you people were to read what Christ said that much would be abundantly clear.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 19:40
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    You said New York City?
    My bad Brooklyn
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 19:58
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The whole idea of a 'GodBackedReligion' is contrary to the Bible. The idea of a person being inspired or guided by God is not contrary however.

God chose a people [the Jews] through which he worked his plan to bring a saviour into the world to do two things 1. die for man's sins and 2. justify all people through faith in his Son Jesus. Those two things ar ...[text shortened]... judgment.

If you people were to read what Christ said that much would be abundantly clear.
    Wow Manny. You are sure about that? Why do you feel that way? Is it because that idea fits your way of worship?
    I think you should go back to the OP and re-read those scriptures.

Many like the easy way that satan has put before them in watering down the truths in the Bible and fooling most as in the "broad and spacious road that leads to destruction" or down that easy road.
    It's the "cramped road that leads to life". Cramped refers to something not easy or comfortable or possibly even dangerous.

How does your belief fit those scriptures? Is it easy for you or is it cramped?

You should go back and read those scriptures and try to get the point being said there of what God expects, not what you think it should be..
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jun '13 20:56
    Wow Manny. You are sure about that? Why do you feel that way? Is it because that idea fits your way of worship?

Many like the easy way that satan has put before them in watering down the truths in the Bible and fooling most as in the "broad and spacious road that leads to destructi ...[text shortened]... ry to get the point being said there of what God expects, not what you think it should be..
    Obviously your idea fits your way of worship. You would like to think that the Watchtower organisation will be your salvation but the Bible says that every man will be judged on his own merit. Organisations and religions are of no consequence.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 04:35
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Obviously your idea fits your way of worship. You would like to think that the Watchtower organisation will be your salvation but the Bible says that every man will be judged on his own merit. Organisations and religions are of no consequence.
    I do not believe the WTS has any say in my survival into the future. They are not my judge as only Jehovah has that say. The WTS is only the instument that God uses to direct his will in helping to find ones who are looking for the right relationship with God and wanting to learn how to teach others his word. It is also his way of feeding his followers the needed and constantly updated spiritual food we need.
    And for another who takes care of your own spiritual needs and has removed yourself from any organized religion, your comment is to be expected.

I believe this scripture applies not only to you but to Manny and a few others.

Hebrews 10:25

Good News Translation (GNT)

25 Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, as some are doing. Instead, let us encourage one another all the more, since you see that the Day of the Lord is coming nearer.

It is sad that religion as a whole has made many leave it because of the hypocrisy that can be seen in it. But to go out on ones own is not the answer as the Bible cleary says in many scriptures. And sadly satan has fooled many into thinking like you do that it is not needed.
    If it were not needed then Jesus would not have formed the cogregations and all the support the elders supplied in dispensing the needed spiritual food that Jehovah gave out to them.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 05:12

Many like the easy way that satan has put before them in watering down the truths in the Bible and fooling most as in the "broad and spacious road that leads to destructi ...[text shortened]... ry to get the point being said there of what God expects, not what you think it should be..
    Wow Manny? Dude put down the crack pipe....wrong person

Manny
  11. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 05:19
    I do not believe the WTS has any say in my survival into the future. They are not my judge as only Jehovah has that say. The WTS is only the instument that God uses to direct his will in helping to find ones who are looking for the right relationship with God and wanting to learn how to teach others his word. It is also his way of feeding his followers t ...[text shortened]... pport the elders supplied in dispensing the needed spiritual food that Jehovah gave out to them.
    Hypocrisy yes that would be the entire history of the WTS why would God back your organization anyway ? Others can use your same argument and say oh are group is not perfect. How can you judge ? You sit on a high horse but your organization is just one of many false religions in the world today.

Manny
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 05:33
    I do not believe the WTS has any say in my survival into the future. They are not my judge as only Jehovah has that say. The WTS is only the instument that God uses to direct his will in helping to find ones who are looking for the right relationship with God and wanting to learn how to teach others his word. It is also his way of feeding his followers t ...[text shortened]... pport the elders supplied in dispensing the needed spiritual food that Jehovah gave out to them.
    The WTS is trying to convince you that it has replaced the Holy Spirit as God's helper and teacher and source of revelation for His people.

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you..."

“These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

(John 14:15-18, 25-26 NKJV)

The Instructor
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Hypocrisy yes that would be the entire history of the WTS why would God back your organization anyway ? Others can use your same argument and say oh are group is not perfect. How can you judge ? You sit on a high horse but your organization is just one of many false religions in the world today.

Manny
    That's your opinion and that's fine Manny.
    You want perfection, you'll never find it. If you had lived during Jesus's time and the time period right after, with your attitude of wanting only perfection and not willing to understand that God works thru humans as the apostles were and were also imperfect, I'm sure you would have complained about them and their faults and ran out sobbing. Right Manny?
    As I've said time will tell won't it?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 07:42
    What would be the requirements of a religion to be approved by God and used by him?
    What does the Bible say?

1) They base their teachings on the Bible. Jesus said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality ...[text shortened]... ject teachings based on human wisdom or tradition.—Isaiah 29:13; Matthew 15:3-9; Colossians 2:8.
    To be clear, do you mean a religion or a religious organisation?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '13 09:14
    2) They use and publicize God’s name, Jehovah. Isaiah foretold: “In that day you will certainly say: ‘Give thanks to Jehovah, you people! Call upon his name. Make known among the peoples his dealings. Make mention that his name is put on high. Make melody to Jehovah, for he has done surpassingly. This is made known in all the earth.’” (Isaiah 12:4, 5) J ...[text shortened]... (Acts 15:14) God is obviously pleased to back those who are proud to be “a people for his name.”
    You and robbie have stated in this forum that you have 2 saviours, Jehovah and Jesus. Here you say that only one of them should be raised up and glorified. The bible proves you in error at every turn:

Acts 4: 8f-12
    8Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! 9If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed, 10then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11Jesus is

' the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the cornerstone'

12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

There is one god, one saviour and one lord of all. One of the first signs of a false Christianity/religion is that they will demote The Lord Jesus Christ from his position of lord of all, as the alpha and the omega, as the embodiment of the fullness of the godhead. All scriptural Galveston, as you know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree