1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:48
    If Jesus appeared in the sky so that all on earth could see, and he told the masses down here that Christianity sort of messed up the story about his stay here on earth. He corrected a few of the obvious misconceptions, about Hell, and the nature of the Father as being this blood thristy angry guy. Many other ridiculous things held within the Christian religion that no thinking individual could buy into. Do you think the Christians would still think that this must be some kind of trick from the Devil, and still hang onto the crazy belief system they so seem to find rational ?
  2. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 16:54
    Originally posted by buckky
    If Jesus appeared in the sky so that all on earth could see, and he told the masses down here that Christianity sort of messed up the story about his stay here on earth. He corrected a few of the obvious misconceptions, about Hell, and the nature of the Father as being this blood thristy angry guy. Many other ridiculous things held within the Christian religi ...[text shortened]... rick from the Devil, and still hang onto the crazy belief system they so seem to find rational ?
    Yes, as they have hung on to it for the last 2000 years.
  3. SEMO
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 17:48
    If Jesus appeared in the sky so that all on earth could see, and he told the masses down here that Christianity sort of messed up the story about his stay here on earth. He corrected a few of the obvious misconceptions, about Hell, and the nature of the Father as being this blood thristy angry guy. Many other ridiculous things held within the Christian religi ...[text shortened]... rick from the Devil, and still hang onto the crazy belief system they so seem to find rational ?
    Don't you think that the Lord is able to make sure his children understand what is truth and what is not?
  4. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:11
    Originally posted by pritybetta
    Don't you think that the Lord is able to make sure his children understand what is truth and what is not?
    What Lord?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:19
    =======================================
    If Jesus appeared in the sky so that all on earth could see, and he told the masses down here that Christianity sort of messed up the story about his stay here on earth.
    =========================================

It wouldn't change who Jesus is or make Him more the Lord than He already is or more the truth than He already is.\

Whatever "corrections" to Christiandom you expect, given enough time could also be perverted by people so deceived.

It would have no bearing on the followers of Jesus who don't care how much Christianity is corrupted because the truth is in Christ Himself. And it always has been.

He essentially DID that with Judiasm already. Religious corruption is not something that was invented for the first time in the first few centries AD.

A more pure and truer form of the Christian community is not something you are likely to read about in the News Papers or see popularized on TV and mass media. The goals of Christ are essentially centered on God's kingdom. That is something basically that the world could not care less about.

Mankind and his media are interested in things that further the fallen Satanic world system. They usually only regard Jesus as someone who at most can provide the fallen human race with a few helpful bandaids of "self improvement."

Christ is too radical. Radical meaning going to the root of the problem. Most of mankind is only interested in patching up a few symptoms to make the world a better place.

=======================================
    He corrected a few of the obvious misconceptions, about Hell, and the nature of the Father as being this blood thristy angry guy.
    =========================================

Your concept of the Father being a blood thirsty guy is only due to your not paying attention to too much else about the nature of God. That problem could be largly addressed simply by carefully reading the Bible through.

It worked for me.

God is not only love. He is righteousness too.What I would pay attention to is how God coordinates His perfect righteousness with His powerful love.

We may want God to only be love and carelessly overlook unrighteousness. But that is our one sided view of the kind of Ultimate Governor WE would prefer - from the sinner's perspective.

[b]==================================
    Many other ridiculous things held within the Christian religion that no thinking individual could buy into. Do you think the Christians would still think that this must be some kind of trick from the Devil, and still hang onto the crazy belief system they so seem to find rational ?
    =====================================

Some of concentrate on the Person as a living One rather than a system. The tension between the living God and man's religious ideas did not start in the New Testament age. This conflict goes back to Genesis chapter 3.

Cain invented the first human religion. And religion and God have been much at odds with each other ever since.

I think Christ will prevail.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:35
    How do we know that he really is the new Messiah?
    Mental hospitals is filled with people that claim their holiness. Medicines can keep them quiet and calm.
    Try to prove that I (yes, me Fabian!) is *not* the Messiah?! Not easy...
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 18:49
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    How do we know that he really is the new Messiah?
    Mental hospitals is filled with people that claim their holiness. Medicines can keep them quiet and calm.
    Try to prove that I (yes, me Fabian!) is *not* the Messiah?! Not easy...
    It's easy. Don't take it personally; it would be easy for anyone.

There is no Messiah.

Therefore:

Fabian, you are not the Messiah.

Now an indirect proof:

Assume that Fabian is the Messiah. This would mean that there was a Messiah, which would contradict the fact that there isn't. Therefore Fabian is not the Messiah.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 19:47
    Originally posted by scherzo
    It's easy. Don't take it personally; it would be easy for anyone.

There is no Messiah.

Therefore:

Fabian, you are not the Messiah.

Now an indirect proof:

Assume that Fabian is the Messiah. This would mean that there was a Messiah, which would contradict the fact that there isn't. Therefore Fabian is not the Messiah.
    Agree totally, but I don't think any christian would agree to your base postulate: "There is no Messiah".

So if we have a base postulate: "There is a Messiah" then noone can prove nor disprove that I am that Messiah. If I say so, people whould have to believe me or disbelieve me but noone can no for sure that he is right.

Actually there is a messiah: User 306560 🙂
  9. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 20:34
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Agree totally, but I don't think any christian would agree to your base postulate: "There is no Messiah".

So if we have a base postulate: "There is a Messiah" then noone can prove nor disprove that I am that Messiah. If I say so, people whould have to believe me or disbelieve me but noone can no for sure that he is right.

Actually there is a messiah: User 306560 🙂

The American Fascist Party believes in white supremacy and death to all who aren't rich Lutheran white males or self-degrading females. Does that make it correct? Of course not. I can say that I'm looking at a purple unicorn right now, but does that make it correct? Actually ... HOLY CRAP THAT"S A UNICORN!!!!
  10. SEMO
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 20:46
    [b]Agree totally, but I don't think any christian would agree to your base postulate: "There is no Messiah".

The American Fascist Party believes in white supremacy and death to all who aren't rich Lutheran white males or self-degrading females. Does that make it correct? Of course not. I can say that I'm looking at a purple unicorn right now, but does that make it correct? Actually ... HOLY CRAP THAT"S A UNICORN!!!![/b]
    I have seen a purple unicorn before.

It was plastic and made in china.😛😉
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 21:25
    He hasn't made me understand anything.
  12. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 22:08
    Which "christians" do you mean? I bought out of all that years ago.
  13. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 22:17
    I think Jesus should come back. He'd piss off a good many Christians in the process, ironically. Further, Jesus should come back as a 5'1" Chinese lady with the spirit of God burning within her and the desire to kick butt. 😵
  14. At the Revolution
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 23:44
    I have seen a purple unicorn before.

It was plastic and made in china.😛😉
    No, I'm SERIOUS. There's a PURPLE UNICORN outside my WINDOW!! It must be a sign of Jesus' resurrection!!!!

I'm Christian now!!
  15. weedhopper
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 23:45
    What Lord?
    That would be the Lord Almighty, maker of heaven and earth...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree