1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 06:27
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Any thoughts on what the world would be like now if Adam & Eve would not have sinned?
    This is what the world would be like.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 07:071 edit
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 11:44
    Here are a few scriptures that speak of our earth and what it will be like. These conditions are what the earth and humans should have been like all this time.
    Thanks to our loving God Jehovah and for his son Jesus and the love they have for us.

Psalm 46:9. “He is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth.”

Isaiah 35:1. “The wilderness and the waterless region will exult, and the desert plain will be joyful and blossom as the saffron.”

Isaiah 65:21-23. “The work of their own hands my chosen ones will use to the full. They will not toil for nothing, nor will they bring to birth for disturbance.”

John 5:28, 29. “The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear [Jesus’] voice and come out.”

Revelation 21:4. “[God] will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.”
  4. Utrecht
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 13:59
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Any thoughts on what the world would be like now if Adam & Eve would not have sinned?
    Can we see them as brother and sister? Made from the same DNA?
  5. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 18:42
    Originally posted by mikelom
    This is parodoxical, because the bible clearly states that God deliberately made man in his own image, i.e. like him.

What say ye to this paradox of your words, or the words of the same book of your belief??

-m.
    according to the biblical narrative, god is terrified of humans becoming like him ergo we have the expulsion from eden and the tower of babylon debacle.

it's not necessarily a paradox. if a mentally deranged individual created clones of himself to worship and adore him, he would not want them to become of equal ability.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:05
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    according to the biblical narrative, god is terrified of humans becoming like him ergo we have the expulsion from eden and the tower of babylon debacle.

it's not necessarily a paradox. if a mentally deranged individual created clones of himself to worship and adore him, he would not want them to become of equal ability.
    Interesting.

Your argument is the same as the serpent's.
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:06
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Interesting.

Your argument is the same as the serpent's.
    Serpents can't talk... so there. I just proved the Bible completely ludicrous.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:15
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    In the bible God doesn't want Adam and Eve to also eat of the tree of life or else they will be like him.
    This is also the argument of the serpent.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

But of the fruit of the tree which [is] in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat." -- Genesis 3:1-6, KJV

The sin is not in "becoming like God".

The sin is in disobeying God's command. Simple. Just as the atheists here would have the Christians here do.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:22
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    This is also the argument of the serpent.

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

But of the fruit of the tree which ...[text shortened]... eying God's command. Simple. Just as the atheists here would have the Christians here do.
    No, read further. I am referencing the part after they eat when they are being banished. God does not want them to eat of the tree of life or else they will know good and evil and live forever and become like him. Simple. I even used short sentences.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:481 edit
    No, read further. I am referencing the part after they eat when they are being banished. God does not want them to eat of the tree of life or else they will know good and evil and live forever and become like him. Simple. I even used short sentences.

What profit would it be to know good and evil and not have the life power to perform the good or resist the evil ?

Would you be satisfied to forever just know good and evil and yet be powerlessly enslaved to sin ?
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:50
    Originally posted by jaywill

What profit would it be to know good and evil and not have the life power to perfo ...[text shortened]... uld you be satisfied to forever just know good and evil and yet be powerlessly enslaved to sin ?
    With time comes understanding. To make it clearer imagine living forever... you would eventually figure everything out and even understand it all just like god does.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 20:571 edit
    With time comes understanding. To make it clearer imagine living forever... you would eventually figure everything out and even understand it all just like god does.

Adam lived 900 some years .

It seems that in the record time only eventually brought death.
    With the exception of Enoch who walked with God and was raptured away, the total majority lived and died.

Also the society grew progressively worst morally. A downhill slide into moral wickedness resulted in the righteous God having to judge man.

In the record, did TIME work for them ? What evidence in the record do you point to that indicates the longevity would have given them the life power to avoid the downward slide of morality ?

They had a new master now - Sin - Satan the Devil.
    Satan was not about to let his subjects become righteous as God.
  13. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:04
    What profit would it be to know good and evil and not have the life power to perform the good or resist the evil ?

Would you be satisfied to forever just know good and evil and yet be powerlessly enslaved to sin ?[/b]
    "Would you be satisfied to forever just know good and evil and yet be powerlessly enslaved to sin ? " - UNQUOTE!!!

Do you constantly live in sin? You must be a bad man!

Do you assume all men live in sin?

If so, you are blind to your own cravings.

Go find yourself!

-m.
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:041 edit

Adam lived [b]900 some years

With the exception of Enoch who walked with ...[text shortened]... ow - Sin - Satan the Devil.
    Satan was not about to let his subjects become righteous as God.[/b]
    Even 900 years pales in comparison to forever, jaywill, and I am sure you are aware of this fact. Furthermore, time can't bring death if you live forever.
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    15 Oct '11 21:06

Adam lived [b]900 some years

With the exception of Enoch who walked with ...[text shortened]... ow - Sin - Satan the Devil.
    Satan was not about to let his subjects become righteous as God.[/b]
    If you believe Adam lived for 900 years...... my opinion of you is going to be flushed down the bog! You're unreal! 🙁

-m.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree