1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 01:43
    Any thoughts on what the world would be like now if Adam & Eve would not have sinned?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 03:04
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Any thoughts on what the world would be like now if Adam & Eve would not have sinned?
    Better, apparently. Why would you ask such a question?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 03:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Better, apparently. Why would you ask such a question?
    Just wanting peoples thoughts on that. The world is doing so bad right now and the Bible promisses that someday it will be brought back to that condition...
  4. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 03:581 edit
    Half woman, half snake. 😉
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:01
    Just wanting peoples thoughts on that. The world is doing so bad right now and the Bible promisses that someday it will be brought back to that condition...
    Hmfff! could be worse. I think there is a lot of internal change happening now. The outer effects of the inner change may take time
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:08
    What is it exactly you think they did when they "sinned"?
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:112 edits
    I believe(whether or not any theist wants to listen) that the "fruit" of the Tree of Knowledge alludes to language which is further alluded to in the story of the Tower of Babel.

In the bible God doesn't want Adam and Eve to also eat of the tree of life or else they will be like him. In the bible God makes the multitudes speak many different languages so that they cannot make a tower to heaven.

Language is the fruit of knowledge. How else would one partake of knowledge fruit?
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is it exactly you think they did when they "sinned"?
    Obviously God didn't want them to bite off more than they could chew, and hence make the utter mess the world is in nowadays. 😀

-m.

p.s. For man to have grown and spread from Adam and Eve, does that mean that their children, and thus being siblings, were incestuous?? 😕
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:15
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    In the bible God doesn't want Adam and Eve to also eat of the tree of life or else they will be like him.
    This is parodoxical, because the bible clearly states that God deliberately made man in his own image, i.e. like him.

What say ye to this paradox of your words, or the words of the same book of your belief??

-m.
  10. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:16
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Obviously God didn't want them to bite off more than they could chew, and hence make the utter mess the world is in nowadays. 😀

-m.

p.s. For man to have grown and spread from Adam and Eve, does that mean that their children, and thus being siblings, were incestuous?? 😕
    The Bible mentions people in other lands during the time of Adam and Eve so I don't think Adam and Eve were the only people God created if the events in the Bible are assumed to be facts.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:171 edit
    This is parodoxical, because the bible clearly states that God deliberately made man in his own image, i.e. like him.

What say ye to this paradox of your words, or the words of the same book of your belief??

-m.
    "Like" him as in having his understanding and thus his abilities.

PS This is NOT the book of my beliefs.

Edit: I am also not clear what "in his image" should be taken to mean. If I take a picture of the forest the trees are "in the forest's image."
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:22
    "Like" him as in having his understanding and thus his abilities.

PS This is NOT the book of my beliefs.

Edit: I am also not clear what "in his image" should be taken to mean. If I take a picture of the forest the trees are "in the forest's image."
    So you agree that the bible simoultaneously maintains that God didn't want man to be like him, and that God wanted man to be like him?

I'm rather confused, but then so does the bible appear to be. The authors didn't realise people would be clever enough 2,000 years later to tear it apart with rationale! 😀

-m.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:23
    I believe(whether or not any theist wants to listen) that the "fruit" of the Tree of Knowledge alludes to language which is further alluded to in the story of the Tower of Babel.

In the bible God doesn't want Adam and Eve to also eat of the tree of life or else they will be like him. In the bible God makes the multitudes speak many different languages s ...[text shortened]... heaven.

Language is the fruit of knowledge. How else would one partake of knowledge fruit?
    I've heard this, or versions of it, I resonate with it, but I'll be dammed if I can get many Jehovas Witnesses to agree with me along those lines at all!! 😉
  14. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 04:281 edit
    So you agree that the bible simoultaneously maintains that God didn't want man to be like him, and that God wanted man to be like him?

I'm rather confused, but then so does the bible appear to be. The authors didn't realise people would be clever enough 2,000 years later to tear it apart with rationale! 😀

-m.
    It seems to be so if it is all part of God's arrangement.

I was always confused by his omnipotence.

googlefudge points out the heavy rock paradox but I would like to point out that it would be impossible for an omnipotent being to "create" free will in a logical working world. For example, if he is omnipotent then he would know every single choice that every single person would make before he even created us... that sounds like destiny, not free will. Also, many theists claim that God has a wonderful plan for me but maintain that I have free will.
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    14 Oct '11 05:02
    It seems to be so if it is all part of God's arrangement.

I was always confused by his omnipotence.

googlefudge points out the heavy rock paradox but I would like to point out that it would be impossible for an omnipotent being to "create" free will in a logical working world. For example, if he is omnipotent then he would know every single choice ...[text shortened]... , many theists claim that God has a wonderful plan for me but maintain that I have free will.
    Too too heavy for me...

I bow out graciously at this point. 🙂

-m.

Before we get into the God's plan for me rubbish, that is. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree