1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    11 May '14 20:47
    Originally posted by josephw
    You first asked, "what would make your god imperfect?", and "what would change your opinion of your god?"

I answered, "what is known about God comes from God". You answered "no it doesn't". I'm assuming you mean that what is known about God comes from another source.

Like from where? From where else do you learn about God? From listening to other human ...[text shortened]... get through. What else do you want me to do? Be an ass and argue with you about it? Just sayin'!
    I posed a simple hypothetical question which you did not answer directly - instead your reply went off at a tangent and you made unsubstantiated statements which I challenged. That is debate.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 May '14 10:22
    What else do you want me to do? Be an ass and argue with you about it?
    Either agree with me or argue with me.
    The choice is yours.
    I wouldn't call you an ass for choosing either path.

But if the cap fits ................
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '14 11:05
    lets ask Robbie RHPs favourite JW
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '14 14:38
    Originally posted by redbarons
    lets ask Robbie RHPs favourite JW
    Oh, yeah, like that will lead to sensible answers.

🙄 <-- I wanted an 'eyeroll' emote, this is the closest thing we currently have.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    18 May '14 14:43
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Once again religious tells us we are not supposed to think too hard about it. 😕

How do you faithful deal with this limit on your intellect? It drove me bonkers when I was a Christian, back in the day.
    So, my intellect is "limited" simply because I disagree with you?

There's nothing wrong with my intellect, bub.

Wish I could say the same for your tolerance.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 May '14 14:54
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh, yeah, like that will lead to sensible answers.

🙄 <-- I wanted an 'eyeroll' emote, this is the closest thing we currently have.
    its not about sensible(non of this gainsaying is sensible its all pointless the for/against and fence sitters)
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 May '14 18:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We all look up to people; parents, friends, teachers, scientists etc.

But there could be things they would do that would change our opinion.

What would change your opinion of your god?
    The evil that's in this world 😲
  8. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    18 May '14 18:52
    I'm assuming you mean that what is known about God comes from another source.

Like from where? From where else do you learn about God? From listening to other humans? From talking to trees? Do the stars whisper to you in the night?

if my opinion of God were to change it would have to be caused by God, and that any other cause would be arbitrary and unreliable.
    What I knew about God came from a school, as I'm sure is the case for most people
    (unless your entire family is religious, then you are probably born into it)

I doubt anyone who learned of God actually heard it straight from the divine horses mouth.

However, my opinion of God would definitely change if the big G himself came down from the heavens and said:
    "Believe in me, or I shalt smite thine a$$es!"
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 May '14 11:06
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    What I knew about God came from a school, as I'm sure is the case for most people
    (unless your entire family is religious, then you are probably born into it)

I doubt anyone who learned of God actually heard it straight from the divine horses mouth.

However, my opinion of God would definitely change if the big G himself came down from the heavens and said:
    "Believe in me, or I shalt smite thine a$$es!"
    "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." -- John 20:29, KJV

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree