1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    09 May '14 11:11
    We all look up to people; parents, friends, teachers, scientists etc.

    But there could be things they would do that would change our opinion.

    What would change your opinion of your god?
  2. Standard memberredbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    09 May '14 11:18
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We all look up to people; parents, friends, teachers, scientists etc.

    But there could be things they would do that would change our opinion.

    What would change your opinion of your god?
    nothing (how can u believe in something more elusive than rocking horse dung)
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    09 May '14 11:21
    demanding human sacrifice. the aztec kind, not a sacrifice made by a human (i sacrifice my love for chocolate).

    intentionally causing disasters to "test" us.

    making a bet with satan to see how much crap can one take.

    picking a favorite group of people and making them kill anyone else.


    pretty much, most of the old testament.
  4. Standard memberredbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    09 May '14 11:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    demanding human sacrifice. the aztec kind, not a sacrifice made by a human (i sacrifice my love for chocolate).

    intentionally causing disasters to "test" us.

    making a bet with satan to see how much crap can one take.

    picking a favorite group of people and making them kill anyone else.


    pretty much, most of the old testament.
    the old testament god is the real deal not a mamby pamby turn the other cheek type guy but an eye forb an eye smite em down bad ass dude.
  5. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    09 May '14 13:021 edit
    Deleted
  6. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110707
    09 May '14 14:57
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    demanding human sacrifice. the aztec kind, not a sacrifice made by a human (i sacrifice my love for chocolate).

    intentionally causing disasters to "test" us.

    making a bet with satan to see how much crap can one take.

    picking a favorite group of people and making them kill anyone else.


    pretty much, most of the old testament.
    Let's not leave out the New Testament. As Mark Twain said, God realized people were getting off too easy by dying and ending their suffering. The NT provided a way to torment them beyond the grave.
  7. Standard memberredbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    09 May '14 15:16
    if he picked his nose and ate the snot.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35525
    09 May '14 20:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We all look up to people; parents, friends, teachers, scientists etc.

    But there could be things they would do that would change our opinion.

    What would change your opinion of your god?
    1. So you invite blasphemy.

    2. Sorry, but on that reason, I won't be participating. The thread question is a non sequitur.

    3. Btw, God thinks you're trolling. (See #1.)
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    09 May '14 22:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    1. So you invite blasphemy.

    2. Sorry, but on that reason, I won't be participating. The thread question is a non sequitur.

    3. Btw, God thinks you're trolling. (See #1.)
    Many of my recent threads have been asking theists to examine
    their god. I am by-passing the question of existence and asking
    why worship, why do you think he is good, what would make
    you stop worshipping etc. All valid questions.

    Nobody has had the courage to face them seriously.

    Your reply is no different.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    10 May '14 05:581 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We all look up to people; parents, friends, teachers, scientists etc.

    But there could be things they would do that would change our opinion.

    What would change your opinion of your god?
    "What would make your god imperfect?"

    Has anybody answered 'Not existing," so far?

    That would seem ti be a pretty much universal downer.

    Unless it really isn't.
  11. Standard memberredbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    10 May '14 09:26
    if he farted at the dinner table
  12. SubscriberBigDoggProblem
    The Advanced Mind
    bigdogghouse.com/RHP
    Joined
    26 Nov '04
    Moves
    110707
    10 May '14 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Many of my recent threads have been asking theists to examine
    their god. I am by-passing the question of existence and asking
    why worship, why do you think he is good, what would make
    you stop worshipping etc. All valid questions.

    Nobody has had the courage to face them seriously.

    Your reply is no different.
    I think the only answer you will ever get on this question boils down to:

    1) God is perfect, by definition.
    2) So he cannot do anything to become imperfect.
    3) This includes actions some might call atrocious. I cannot explain that.
    4) So, when I say "God is perfect", I have no idea what that means.
    5) Nevertheless, I am quite confident that God IS perfect.
  13. Standard memberredbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    10 May '14 17:59
    if he sexually assaulted stellspalfy
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '13
    Moves
    18093
    10 May '14 18:00
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Many of my recent threads have been asking theists to examine
    their god. I am by-passing the question of existence and asking
    why worship, why do you think he is good, what would make
    you stop worshipping etc. All valid questions.

    Nobody has had the courage to face them seriously.

    Your reply is no different.
    Nobody has had the courage to face them seriously.


    Maybe is less about courage and more about wisdom.
  15. Standard memberredbarons
    BADGER BANNED
    Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Feb '14
    Moves
    1339
    10 May '14 18:33
    if he snorted coke
Back to Top