Originally posted by wolfgang59
Many of my recent threads have been asking theists to examine
their god. I am by-passing the question of existence and asking
why worship, why do you think he is good, what would make
you stop worshipping etc. All valid questions.
Nobody has had the courage to face them seriously.
Your reply is no different.
I think the only answer you will ever get on this question boils down to:
1) God is perfect, by definition.
2) So he cannot do anything to become imperfect.
3) This includes actions some might call atrocious. I cannot explain that.
4) So, when I say "God is perfect", I have no idea what that means.
5) Nevertheless, I am quite confident that God IS perfect.