1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 02:56
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]it was a question without a good answer which is what we
    run into with the universe.

Well, there are at least two very obvious problems with your stance.

For one, if you really think there are no good answers to the question of the cosmological origins, then you should of course simply withhold judgment on the matter, pending further analy ...[text shortened]... ative or lazy. You've turned your brain off; you've stuck your head in the sand.[/b]
    My GOOD answer has already been given.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 02:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]... divorcing yourself or standing back far enough to see how inconsistent and hypocritical your stance is.

I'm not really following the thread, but..

God, what a beautiful call to arms for self-inspection these sixteen words are.
    Thanks, bro.[/b]
    Something the atheists and evolutionists should do. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Oct '12 22:00
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Is that cryptic talk for "Physician, heal thyself"?
    No slight of hand intended.
    You can apply as you see fit.
    I used it on me.
    You help me grow.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 04:30
    Originally posted by finnegan
    But I have just pointed out that God does not answer your questions AND DOES NOT CONSIDER YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AN ANSWER so you are talking nonsense. Your inability to make sense of Job is not my problem any more.

The statement "God created the universe" does not tell us a single thing about the origins of the universe. The discovery that classical phys ...[text shortened]... . The only important gap I can see is in what you understand. That is one very big gap indeed.
    "Your inability to make sense of Job is not my problem any more."

I have been waiting for you to tell me why I am supposed to have an issue
    with Job, you have not given me anything to even think about outside of saying
    I have a issue with Job.
    Kelly
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 06:05
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    "Your inability to make sense of Job is not my problem any more."

I have been waiting for you to tell me why I am supposed to have an issue
    with Job, you have not given me anything to even think about outside of saying
    I have a issue with Job.
    Kelly
    He clearly said it several times even quoting a verse and you responded to those posts.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '12 08:061 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He clearly said it several times even quoting a verse and you responded to those posts.
    I do not recall him saying why there should be an issue with Job for admitting that he was wrong to question God like atheists often do. Maybe you could state that reason more clearly. We have a hard time thinking like atheists, don't you know?
  7. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 08:36
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I do not recall him saying why there should be an issue with Job for admitting that he was wrong to question God like atheists often do. Maybe you could state that reason more clearly. We have a hard time thinking like atheists, don't you know?
    Why?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 09:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 12:00
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Thank you. Sometimes the circularity gets too much for me. If he "can't remember" why can't he just read back through earlier posts? Perhaps a bit slower.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Oct '12 16:39
    Thank you. Sometimes the circularity gets too much for me. If he "can't remember" why can't he just read back through earlier posts? Perhaps a bit slower.
    Because your earlier posts are nonsense. 😏
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 10:49
    I was responding to your argument that we have to explain why if we are to understand the cosmos and your complaint that science fails to tell us why. You were arguing that only religion can tell us the answer to that question. I referred to Job as one example of the impossibility - in biblical terms - of ever understanding or explaining why anything. You ...[text shortened]... here is one thing religion fails to do it is to tell us why. So religion fails your own test.
    What test does my religion fail? Why, God created the universe? I've not attempted
    to talk about why, I've been sticking with the when and how. My major point in
    most of the discussions has been if you don't know when or how a thing started
    you have no way of knowing what to look at for age markers.

Unlike Job, through Jesus Christ we get the Spirit of God so our insight into the
    Holy Spirit of God is much better than what Job had.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 10:52
    But I have just pointed out that God does not answer your questions AND DOES NOT CONSIDER YOU ARE ENTITLED TO AN ANSWER so you are talking nonsense. Your inability to make sense of Job is not my problem any more.

The statement "God created the universe" does not tell us a single thing about the origins of the universe. The discovery that classical phys ...[text shortened]... . The only important gap I can see is in what you understand. That is one very big gap indeed.
    Man cannot demand of God; however, where things have changed from Jobs' time
    is Jesus Christ who made away for us to share the Spirit of God. Without the
    Spirit of God you've only the spirit of man within, which is cool while attempting
    to understand the world of man, but not the things of God.
    Kelly
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 12:02
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Man cannot demand of God; however, where things have changed from Jobs' time
    is Jesus Christ who made away for us to share the Spirit of God. Without the
    Spirit of God you've only the spirit of man within, which is cool while attempting
    to understand the world of man, but not the things of God.
    Kelly
    And you would know that how? Have you ever had your prayers answered?
    A recent study of prayer aimed at the sick shows zero correlation with any positive result. I suppose the religious answer to that was god deliberately did nothing when a scientist was monitoring, eh.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 12:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    BTW, atheists don't question god, they question the men who insist there is a god. God is out of the equation, since atheists put the concept of a god on a very low level of probability. They also for the most part don't absolutely deny the possibility of a god, just don't think it likely there is one. So it is other men they question not god since other men invented god in the first place.
  15. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    15 Oct '12 12:463 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    BTW, atheists don't question god, they question the men who insist there is a god. God is out of the equation, since atheists put the concept of a god on a very low level of probability. They also for the most part don't absolutely deny the possibility of a god, just don't think it likely there is one. So it is other men they question not god since other men invented god in the first place.
    Just an unsolicited clarification here, I don't absolutely deny the possibility of some little 'g' god but I am probably one of the rare ones that does absolutely deny the possibility of big 'G' "G"od (because it is a silly god! no way to take it seriously).

Reveal Hidden Content
    I deny it as firmly as I deny that all apples are purple (and I don\'t put much stock in the argument that the whole world is in on some big conspiracy to fool me, and that my eyesight has always been lacking at such points when I was looking at an apple - people could make that argument if they so wished but I would throw it out without pause for consideration).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree