1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 18:20
    whats the connection between curse words and christianity? christians dotn like to curse but its not in the ten commandments so theres nothing wrong with it right?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:39
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    whats the connection between curse words and christianity? christians dotn like to curse but its not in the ten commandments so theres nothing wrong with it right?
    The Bible does not only consist out of the ten commandments.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:40
    Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."

Does this answer your question?
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:40
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    The Bible does not only consist out of the ten commandments.
    theres more rules? thats great. (sarcasm)
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Proverbs 18:21 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof."

Does this answer your question?
    but why are these chosen words bad?
  6. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:46
    It's not the specific words but the spirit behind the words--the hate, the spite, the anger, the selfishness, the disregard for everything and everyone around you. Even us non-christians can understand that. Stop wasting time baiting christians and start focusing on what is in your head and what kind of cleaning products you need to use.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    It's not the specific words but the spirit behind the words--the hate, the spite, the anger, the selfishness, the disregard for everything and everyone around you. Even us non-christians can understand that. Stop wasting time baiting christians and start focusing on what is in your head and what kind of cleaning products you need to use.
    how am i baiting christians i am a christian. i was asking a question that i did not know the answer to.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 20:48
    Are words in and of themselves bad? It is how these words are used that is bad. Sin is merely abuse of what naturally exists, no? Therefore, stop abusing the use of words if that is what you are doing.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 20:50
    Are words in and of themselves bad? It is how these words are used that is bad. Sin is merely abuse of what naturally exists, no? Therefore, stop abusing the use of words if that is what you are doing.
    Somebody say hell yeah!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:00
    How about another scripture. Matthew 12:35 says, "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things and an evil man out of the evil trasure brings forth evil things. But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. For by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned." Therefore, what comes out of your mouth is an indictment as to the condition of your heart and you are subsequently judged according to the condition of your heart. Upon reading the Bible through it is painfully obvious that God looks at the hearts of men to judge them and is what is most important to him. It reveals to him what makes us tick and what is most important to us. Words are merely the evidence of the condition of our hearts.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:03
    Matthew 12:35,36,37.

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and and evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it on the day of judgement. By your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

These are the words of Christ. If you claim to be a Christian you bear the name of Christ, and should take note of what he says.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:04
    How about another scripture. Matthew 12:35 says, "A good man out of the good treasure of the heart brings forth good things and an evil man out of the evil trasure brings forth evil things. But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgement. For by your words you will be justified and by y ...[text shortened]... d what is most important to us. Words are merely the evidence of the condition of our hearts.
    Seems you beat me to it. 😉
  13. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 21:43
    Vulgarity was the english language of the common people. The use of vulgar english was frowned upon by the upper classes in England only because it was thought that it lacked refinement. It was also referred to as ordinary people's language.

A curse of Biblical proportion would sound something like, " May your womb be barren that you may have no heirs" or " May the flees of a thousand camels infest your armpits"

We say things like "WTF" It may be vulgar, but not a curse!
  14. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 22:35
    how am i baiting christians i am a christian. i was asking a question that i did not know the answer to.
    My apologies for the misunderstanding. I don't post enough in these forums to keep up with all the personalities, and your question is not one that I would think a christian would need to ask. But now that I think about it, I know of a few christians who swear like pirates, so perhaps there is some confusion.

My point about the voice and intent behind the words being the deciding point still stands.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '06 22:461 edit
    Originally posted by spiritmangr8ness
    Vulgarity was the english language of the common people. The use of vulgar english was frowned upon by the upper classes in England only because it was thought that it lacked refinement. It was also referred to as ordinary people's language.

A curse of Biblical proportion would sound something like, " May your womb be barren that you may have n amels infest your armpits"

We say things like "WTF" It may be vulgar, but not a curse!
    Unfortunatly, all words mean something. If we use these words in vain we are still held accountable for saying them in vain. You may not mean literally what you are saying, such as saying you want to send someone to hell, but you are saying it nonetheless. As I said before, every idle word will be held accountable that you speak by God himeself. This was a promise.

BTW what do you think of people who curse and what do you think of people who do not curse? Do you not respect people who do not curse more than people who do? This has been my expereince. When I became a Christian I made a conceded effort not to curse and I noticed a change in how people recieved me. I began to be treated with more respect due to my conversation becoming more respectfull. I say act the way you wish to be treated. I also think it is a better witness to those who are lost if you do not curse. As has been pointed out by others on this thread, you notice who claims to be a Christian and continues to curse and those who do not. Trust me, you are being watched.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree