1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 16:20
    Why is God not visible ? Why the game of hide and seek ? I believe there is a God, but I have no idea as to why the hiding game. I know faith is suppose to enter into the whole thing according to the Christians, but it makes no sense to me. Why not expose yourself for all to see, and converse with, so that confusion about the nature of reality will no longer be confusion. Get the scoop from the horses mouth so to speak. Really why not come out for all to see, and set us straight as to what's going on in our little world. Please.
  2. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 16:31
    Originally posted by buckky
    Why is God not visible ? Why the game of hide and seek ? I believe there is a God, but I have no idea as to why the hiding game. I know faith is suppose to enter into the whole thing according to the Christians, but it makes no sense to me. Why not expose yourself for all to see, and converse with, so that confusion about the nature of reality will no longer ...[text shortened]... come out for all to see, and set us straight as to what's going on in our little world. Please.
    Perhaps he is shy.
  3. At the Revolution
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 16:42
    Why is God not visible ? Why the game of hide and seek ? I believe there is a God, but I have no idea as to why the hiding game. I know faith is suppose to enter into the whole thing according to the Christians, but it makes no sense to me. Why not expose yourself for all to see, and converse with, so that confusion about the nature of reality will no longer ...[text shortened]... come out for all to see, and set us straight as to what's going on in our little world. Please.
    Another argument for atheism. Or at least deism.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 22:322 edits
    =========================================

Why is God not visible ? Why the game of hide and seek ? I believe there is a God, but I have no idea as to why the hiding game. I know faith is suppose to enter into the whole thing according to the Christians, but it makes no sense to me. Why not expose yourself for all to see, and converse with, so that confusion about the nature of reality will no longer be confusion.

=====================================

God wants very much to be seen. Perhaps God wants that more than anything.

Now, what would it look like to see God? According to the Bible ultimately it looks like the Man Jesus Christ. He was God manifested in the flesh.

This is how God WANTS to be seen, as a glorious and holy radiant righteousness eminating from a human being.

The Apostle John was with Jesus for three and one half years and wrote in his Gospel:

"No one has ever seen God; the only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him" (John 1:18)

The man Jesus Christ defined God the Father, manifested God the Father, and expressed God so that God could be seen. This is the way God wants to be seen. He wants to be seen as the life lived out in the person who is one with Him.

"Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father and it is sufficient for us.

Jesus said to him, Have I been so long a time with you, and you have not known Me Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how is it that you say, Show us the Father?

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works.

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves." (John 14:8-11)

To see Jesus was to see God for He is the man united and mingled with God.

So what about today? God wants to manifest Himself not in one indivdual Man but in a corporate collective of those who follow Him to ALSO be one with the Father.

IF you are concerned about the seeing of God you should ask Christ to come into your life and wholely take over your heart. Then Jesus Christ will fill and saturate you - gradually more and more, and those around you will see God.

The key to seeing God is for us to allow God to come into our beings.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 06:49
    look what happened last time he did that
  6. England
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 10:30
    would not that be a bit too easy?? then we would not be debating on this site tho sometimes irittating think i learn more from all who particapate. From both sides of the belief
  7. weedhopper
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 11:571 edit
    "Prove to me that you're no fool,
    Walk across my swimmiing pool."----Herod, Jesus Christ Superstar.

And we all know what fate befell Herod. Blessed are they who believe, yet have NOT seen.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 12:13
    Originally posted by stoker
    would not that be a bit too easy??
    Why do you think it should be hard? What does that achieve? One obvious result is that a whole lot of people never make it to heaven. Is that compatible with a loving God?
    Any argument you raise as to why it must be hard should take into account the fact that a significant number of people die as babies (in the womb if we choose to call foetus' people). This means that either a whole lot of people get to heaven without the hard bit (unfair) or don't get to heaven (again unfair).
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 12:19
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Another argument for atheism. Or at least deism.
    i read once about deism but forgot. now searching on wikipedia on the definition, i must say "doctor, this is what i have". although i must say that jesus is such a cool concept that i can't let go of it. so i do believe jesus is the son of god.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 12:25
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why do you think it should be hard? What does that achieve? One obvious result is that a whole lot of people never make it to heaven. Is that compatible with a loving God?
    Any argument you raise as to why it must be hard should take into account the fact that a significant number of people die as babies (in the womb if we choose to call foetus' people). ...[text shortened]... t of people get to heaven without the hard bit (unfair) or don't get to heaven (again unfair).
    maybe this life is a vacation for the soul. the souls organize a lottery in heaven or let's say "in god's crib" to decide who is born into MrMonopoly family and who is born into "dirt poor family" with crappy genes. then they struggle in life to the best of their dealt hand and after death they get promoted or demoted on the ladder(higher being a better heaven and a better hell and lower meaning worse heaven or hell). and what would be even more cool is that the souls would get chances at another lottery after a period of "non-time".

this debate would be better on a marijuana-hash circle though.
  11. At the Revolution
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 13:57
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i read once about deism but forgot. now searching on wikipedia on the definition, i must say "doctor, this is what i have". although i must say that jesus is such a cool concept that i can't let go of it. so i do believe jesus is the son of god.
    Deism: The belief that God made the Earth like Genesis said, then left it alone.
  12. England
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 14:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Any argument you raise as to why it must be hard should take into account the fact that a significant number of people die as babies (in the womb if we choose to call foetus' people). ...[text shortened]... t of people get to heaven without the hard bit (unfair) or don't get to heaven (again unfair).
    all who are forgiven get to heaven, but as for the foetus inside womb,and babies i leave that to gods love. its not hard for anyone to get to heaven all we have to do is belive in god and do his works on earth, i do not concider that hard but we fail often in our own thinking.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Jun '08 14:27
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Deism: The belief that God made the Earth like Genesis said, then left it alone.
    from wiki

"What organized religions see as divine revelation and holy books, most deists see as interpretations made by other humans, rather than as authoritative sources. Deists believe that God's greatest gift to humanity is not religion, but the ability to reason."

"Deism is the belief that a god or gods exists, but does not interact with the known universe.[5]. It typically rejects supernatural events (prophecy, miracles) and divine revelation prominent in organized religion, along with holy books and revealed religions that assert the existence of such things. Instead, Deism holds that religious beliefs must be founded on human reason and observed features of the natural world, and that these sources reveal the existence of a supreme being as creator.[6]"

so your definition is still basing belief on an interpretation of humans rather than on science. which i think it is still a form of theism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree