1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 20:28
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Universal flow is interrupted by unnecessary vulgarity.

And are you sure you want to go to battle against the Duke?!
    I've always had time for u but please dont diss me like that again

And I literally cant lose
    The ball ,sir, Is in your court.

I'm str8 up everytime,you'll know if I'm joking
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 20:32
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I've always had time for u but please dont diss me like that again

And I literally cant lose
    The ball ,sir, Is in your court.

I'm str8 up everytime,you'll know if I'm joking
    Your comments to sonship were vulgar and completely unnecessary.

I will always pull you up on that. Get used to it.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 20:41

How will you put a stop to me?

And why defend sonship?

I really dont get u sometimes ...
    U could actually learn something here but u refuse to.

Go on, run to the mods, poor misguided sir
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 20:45

"completly unecessary"

Please refrain from pretending to know me or my motives. B skeptical by all means but Do Not poke a bear.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 21:093 edits
    Originally posted by @js357
    "Does anything happening in the departed soul in any way effect the record before God of that person?

I don't know.
    Everything I am told by God's word emphasizes the life
    lived before physical death."

I find it interesting that there isn't more specific information in religious doctrine on when (or at what point) physical death occurs and it becoming ...[text shortened]... e some charlatan could swoop in hawking a salvation salve or atonement tonic. That could happen.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 21:131 edit
    "That could happen"

Is it possible ? Is it plausible ?
    I’d rather that you consider and comment on the following: “I know that some religions place weight on a baptism and acceptance of a creed, but I'd think that such a supposedly important event (repentance) would leave the dying person with more certainty in his last days, as to his fate.”
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 21:30
    There is much talk of when life begins, but when does it end? Assuming that we pass into an “afterlife,” imagine some different situations. Assuming this, when are the “books” closed? At our last conscious moment?
    It's the 'assuming' part that throws all that into an endless Popper loop. Can't falsify a supernatural event so it is not science so it is ONLY faith that give one confidence in such a theory.

Problem with that is humans, total, counting all the dead folks for the past say 300,000 years modern humans have been around will total about a trillion so just where do you put a trillion and counting people AND why should humans be any more special than say Dolphins or the great Apes, both of those are highly intelligent but according to the man made human religions like Christianity they are "just'' animals subject to our care which of course we are doing a shyte job of, we can't supervise a garden much less the whole Earth, we are entering a human caused mass extinction going on as we speak so an alleged god would be totally piiisssed at humans for the 'care' we have given the planet.

Of course that same alleged god didn't do such a great job itself, considering the Noah deal. ALL land animals killed by your allegedly loving god, eh. Just to get back at some humans that was ticking off this alleged god.

So all and all, humans need to invent better stories, get better plot lines when they write up their religions.

So that kinda puts a kabosh on the idea of afterlife. It should be called afterlie actually.

Exactly what would this alleged deity WANT with a trillion + humans anyway? Would we all of a sudden go Kumbyah on us in this alleged afterlife? Or wouldn't it be more likely we would go back to being at each other's throats again? Would we be allowed weapons? Would we be able to at least craft spears and bow and arrow out of twigs or would there not be twigs in this alleged afterlife?

Plus, it would be kinda exclusionary, NO MUSLIMS allowed, no Jaynes, no Hindu's, no Scientologies (a good thing actually) and no Rasta's, no Buddhists, no Shamans, Hmm, getting that trillion paired down pretty significantly now, eh.
    So all those modern humans from 300,000 years ago would be out of luck since they were clearly not Christian so only that bunch from 2000 years ago onwards and ONLY those Christians would be in this alleged afterlife. Yep, getting more exclusionary by the minute ain't it.

So all in all, this alleged god does not want cultural diversity, ONLY christians, and maybe not even all of them, would any upstanding Deity want CATHOLICS? Where do human Christians draw the line?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 21:55
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    It's the 'assuming' part that throws all that into an endless Popper loop. Can't falsify a supernatural event so it is not science so it is ONLY faith that give one confidence in such a theory.

Problem with that is humans, total, counting all the dead folks for the past say 300,000 years modern humans have been around will total about a trillion so just ...[text shortened]... all of them, would any upstanding Deity want CATHOLICS? Where do human Christians draw the line?
    I think the story of the Fall reflects the tragedy of suffering and evil that seems to be baked into biological life, including the realization that we will die.

Some of us are not believers that there are satisfactory theistic answers, but are steeped in the Abrahamic answers, that we find wanting.

I am only asking questions of believers, in a way that I hope does not belittle them. For me it is not crucial that they explain where a trillion people will be housed. It is not unimportant why they base admission to the eternally blissful afterlife on having certain poorly articulated beliefs at some special moment of death and it seems only fair to ask when this moment will be.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 22:45
    I think the story of the Fall reflects the tragedy of suffering and evil that seems to be baked into biological life, including the realization that we will die.

Some of us are not believers that there are satisfactory theistic answers, but are steeped in the Abrahamic answers, that we find wanting.

I am only asking questions of believers, in a way tha ...[text shortened]... beliefs at some special moment of death and it seems only fair to ask when this moment will be.
    But I have already said there won't be a trillion in this alleged afterlife since their book says only Christians enter this place. Therefore 99% of humanity will be out of luck as far as this particular myth goes.

It just goes along with the basic scam of religion, only MY religion is the true one, those cursed Hindu's, Muslims and such, they will rot in hell burning all over their bodies forever and ever.

Why doesn't anyone see how ridiculous that plot is?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 00:21

For full disclosure the post you refer to was made by someone with an IQ of 168, a real Master
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 00:23
    I’d rather that you consider and comment on the following: “I know that some religions place weight on a baptism and acceptance of a creed, but I'd think that such a supposedly important event (repentance) would leave the dying person with more certainty in his last days, as to his fate.”
    He who dies with the most knowledge wins
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 00:27
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    But I have already said there won't be a trillion in this alleged afterlife since their book says only Christians enter this place. Therefore 99% of humanity will be out of luck as far as this particular myth goes.

It just goes along with the basic scam of religion, only MY religion is the true one, those cursed Hindu's, Muslims and such, they will rot ...[text shortened]... all over their bodies forever and ever.

Why doesn't anyone see how ridiculous that plot is?
    We are souls made of light , the physical body is just a vessel. I remind myself everyday
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 01:07
    We are souls made of light , the physical body is just a vessel. I remind myself everyday
    Lately my body is reminding me differently. I am my neurochemistry.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 01:45
    Lately my body is reminding me differently. I am my neurochemistry.
    U create your own reality. Please allow yourself to be happy because positivity brings positivity
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '18 01:50
    U create your own reality. Please allow yourself to be happy because positivity brings positivity
    I agree. I do that. I have many things to be happy about. The neurochemistry responds. Thanks for affirming its efficacy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree